Sign in to follow this  
ejr1069

Energy related question

The other night I was at a meditation function called "sacred circle". We sit in a circle and share music, poetry, and meditation. Near the end, we practice was is called "loving kindness" in partners. With the person seated next to you, one gives and the other recieves. The one recieving, is seated. The one giving is standing behind the person, lightly touching their shoulders. The giver repeats the persons name in their head over and over while thinking about sending them unconditional love. The reciever brings their awareness to their heart chakra and thinks about receiving. When I give, I also bring my awareness to my heart center and imagine the unconditional love going from my heart center to theirs. Each person gives for 3 minutes and each person receives for 3 minutes and afterwards, you have a chance to describe the experience to your partner.

So the person I was partnered with this week is a Tibetan Buddhist accupuncturist. About 30 seconds into my giving to her, I feel her entire body tense up for about a second. Almost as if I had jolted her. Anyway, she described the experience to me as very pleasant. She told me that my energy was neutral, balanced, and masculine. I didn't get a chance to ask her what that means.

Any ideas?

One approach I have been looking at separates compassion into Yin and Yang compassion, so Yin compassion is like your hearts desire to mother everything and comfort everything, while Yang compassion is more active or strong like you might feel when you see a small baby and you know if your heart you would do anything in the world to protect it from harm. So it could be that you sent her more yang compassion, which is a very powerful energy so it could shock I guess.

Sign in to follow this