Sign in to follow this  
alfa

Sexual Urge

Greetings!

Let's say we can experience a sexual urge. Either we suppress it or we indulge (throw it out through sex or masturbation). Though it's said it's possible to do neither, how is one to go about it? Do we simply stay with the urge and hope that the sexual energy would get transformed into a higher energy in time?

What must be done? I am specifically talking about sublimating sexual urges, not wondering whether sex is good or bad or whatever, so I don't want anyone going off on a tangent.

Alfa

Ehm.. yea..

meditationexpert.com says:

To imagine that your whole body is engulfed in flames. Or at least high vibrational light, or vibrating at a very high frequency. That way the "sexual urge" becomes dislocated from just the genital regions.

Or you can imagine the same thing applying to the entire universe, ie the entire universe is engulfed in flames or high frequency vibrations.

AS for the frequency of vibrations.. well initially I'd start it off with less frequency so you can just feel it.

Thanks. I am just wondering how to 'move' this urge to the whole body, since it's restricted to the genital area. Moving it consciously is not easy and I am not aware of any technique.

Thanks. I am just wondering how to 'move' this urge to the whole body, since it's restricted to the genital area. Moving it consciously is not easy and I am not aware of any technique.

I think it helps to be relaxed, or in the meditative calm state ie with alpha brainwaves increased.

IMagining the brain becoming cold (the front part) helps. Cold like ice..

Greetings!

Let's say we can experience a sexual urge. Either we suppress it or we indulge (throw it out through sex or masturbation). Though it's said it's possible to do neither, how is one to go about it? Do we simply stay with the urge and hope that the sexual energy would get transformed into a higher energy in time?

What must be done? I am specifically talking about sublimating sexual urges, not wondering whether sex is good or bad or whatever, so I don't want anyone going off on a tangent.

Alfa

Accept and ENJOY IT. but that doesn't mean you have to do anything about it...

Why the fuck do so many of the spiritual guys shun something that is so awesome/fun/amazing?

Probably shame in some way...

John

Edited by JohnC

Why the fuck do so many of the spiritual guys shun something that is so awesome/fun/amazing?

John

because wth are you going to do, masturbate if you dont have a partner? What a waste...

if you cannot have sex what then? masturbate? how stupid?

Edited by Non
  • Like 1

John

Good question John. I used to also feel that way, but I've noticed that as I continue to practice and feel better adjusted, that those old views seem very unnatural, and now its easier to just enjoy it as part of life. Previously I had associated a lot of guilt with sex, which is easy to understand growing up in this Judeo-Chrisitan culture. In this mind set sex as seen as the polar opposite of spirituality. In getting rid of the guilt, now I can enjoy it as part of spirituality. :-)

• Like 1

Good question John. I used to also feel that way, but I've noticed that as I continue to practice and feel better adjusted, that those old views seem very unnatural, and now its easier to just enjoy it as part of life. Previously I had associated a lot of guilt with sex, which is easy to understand growing up in this Judeo-Chrisitan culture. In this mind set sex as seen as the polar opposite of spirituality. In getting rid of the guilt, now I can enjoy it as part of spirituality. :-)

Right? It's like what could possibly be more spiritual than creating life and love with a partner? Shesh.

I can't remember who said it, but it was the orgasm at a distance guy, had a theory that as we have a lot of chi built up (haven't had sex in a while, guys you know what I'm talking about) when we have sex it causes us to generate love.

Non,

Who says you have to do anything with it? In fact part of the issue is guys feel tension and you don't enjoy/act on it or let it drive you. You try and squirt it out, or escape it some how. Which I wonder may have to do with how open or closed your body is (meridians, organs, etc). But then too as Matt has pointed out in other threads, it is definitely about your relationship to your own sexuality and these different parts of your self.

I know guys that did the no masturbation thing for 30 days and ended up with a girl at the end of it.

.... but I and others talked with you at length on all this shit.

John

well it disturbs, it's not really enjoyable. That's the problem: I can't enjoy it. It burns, it agitates. It's only enjoyable with a partner, or transmuted, otherwise it's just stagnation or congestion and it irritates.

Edited by Non

Interesting post. I've never really thought of sexual urges as something other than a side effect of physical existence. I've heard of harnessing and cultivating energy created by sexual desire, but it kind of strikes me along the same lines as harnessing and cultivating energy created by hunger. I am rather unread about the topic, so I acknowledge I may be under informed.

Redirecting energy generated by sexual urges seems to be a cultural norm, or at least it is perceived to be. When ever someone spends a lot of time and energy on an endeavor the most common response it seems is "Wow, this person needs to get laid." :P

Transmutation of sex energy is best learned during sex. Bring your partner to orgasm and then stretch your neck, hunch your back, and bring your accumulated energy up to your head, ie, away from your genital area. Focus it through the microcosmic orbit (you'll have to look that one up if not familiar with it as yet) until you have calmed down. You will feel more energy than you had before sex, and you will have learned how to circulate this energy in a context far more difficult than most. You can also focus the energy to different organs, creating a nourishing feeling.

To start, do this earlier in the day and then have sex again later so your not too pent up getting used to it. You should also focus on absorbing the Yin energy from your woman (especially when she is "celebrating") and giving her your Yang energy during sex.

I seem to be recommending this on every post now, but check out "The Tao of Health, Sex, and Longevity" by Daniel Reid. Great discussions from The Yellow Emperor and his Taoist entourage on the importance and use of sex in health and longevity.

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness

I can't remember who said it, but it was the orgasm at a distance guy, had a theory that as we have a lot of chi built up (haven't had sex in a while, guys you know what I'm talking about) when we have sex it causes us to generate love.

That was Drew Hemphel. I have had a couple experiences similar to his but instead of at McDonalds I was at a book store, and I don't think mine were quite as dramatic as his, yet nevertheless still had a balancing effect. The only reason I did that was NOT because I wanted to replace that with sex, but because I was exceptionally horny and had no one handy to help me with that situation. Had there been someone at the moment to do it the old fashioned way I would have still gone with that, but one must do what one must do. So what happened was I had retained for an extended period of time, and felt my lower dan tien really buzzing big time. I had also been doing a lot of dan tien breathing to help convert that sexual fluid back into jing. Also as an aside I've noticed that when ever I do feel my lower dan tien buzzing like that girls tend to be more flirty than usual. Oppposite to that when my lower dan tien feels empty I seem to become the magical invisible man to women lol.

Anyways so I'm at the book store, and my dan tien is buzzing. This girl comes near to where I am sitting and apparently is browsing books on the shelf in front of me, but seems to make an exagerated effort to stick her ass in my face. Drew had mentioned this same behavior with his experience as well, and also had noted that female monkeys do this as a mating thing. So this obviously gets my attention as it was meant to. So I draw some of that excess chi to my upper dan tien so I can get a read on this girl, even though it didn't require a rocket scientist to figure this one out. So apparently when I read her energy from my upper dan tien, the vibe I get is that she subconsciously is feeling my strong chi field radiating from my buzzing lower dan tien. Since she happened to be in heat at the moment, meaning as a female she had an excess of yin chi, and me being male had a lot of yang chi, her energy was leading her to seek balance even though her conscious understanding didn't realize this.

So now that I understand what is going on, I now draw a significant amount of my excess yang chi in my lower dan tien, up my MCO to my upper dan tien and shoot it into her ... um... hind parts and into her dan tien on my exhale. I saw her shudder a bit, and look quite pleased, then on my inhale I drew her yin chi out of her and guided it into my lower dan tien which was also a pleasurable experience for me as well. After that the sexual tension that was in the air disapated, we both seemed to be in a state of balance, and then she went about her merry way.

What is the point, I don't know? ok wait there is a point lol. The point is that yin and yang are always seeking balance, this is normal and natural. Yang needs Yin, and Yin needs Yang, and that is just the way it is, its part of the circle of life, so rather than fighting nature, why not just go with nature eh?

• Like 1

Take it from a dude who.... nevermind.

Let's just say the girls will pull you AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN and AGAIN man. It's a never ending cycle. Conserve your sperm, unlock powerful spiritual abilities.

:ph34r:

Greetings!

Alfa

Hi Alfa~ later you said something about moving energy up away from the genital area— this is not the same as dealing with the urge itself.

Though it's said it's possible to do neither, how is one to go about it
…may I?

Hope is ineffectual (hahahhahaa!!!) It takes absolutely no time at all, really. But dealing with energy is one thing— after it is too late, I'm afraid. Because at that point it has already fallen into the created. But that's ok too, because how you deal with potential is up to your ability, experience and degree of self-refinement. The will for open sincerity as the basis for responding to the world is the root. All else evolves from this kernel.

The urge is a reflex compulsion. It is a result of karmic momentum. It is possible to be free of compulsion— all compulsions. Self-refinement is a process of disengaging this momentum and maintaining psychological equilibrium through many changes for a long time (exactly as Mizo said: over and over and over), while staying faithful to the source of desire within the context of the situation you find it. If you are talking about random street-level encounters, forget it. What I am talking about is way beyond anyone operating at that level.

I'm talking about powerful, overwhelming desire. Evolutionary desire. Life or death desire. Not to get too carried away~ but it has to be real, in that it has to be a real threat to your equilibrium: a real challenge. Otherwise there is nothing at stake. It has to be your ass on the line, hmmmm? So you use manifestation of this kind of desire by turning desire itself around to shine on its source. Alchemic manuals call this "following the heart's desire without stepping over the line". It is also related to the practice of turning the light around. Remember— this is not about something that has fallen into the created realm. You have to catch it at the right time~ neither too early nor too late.

Did you want to sublimate sexual urges, or just learn to handle them in a more detached "safer" way? If you just want to use psycho-emotional energy to circulate it around the body— this is not what I'm talking about. What I am talking about is lifting your gaze into another realm which does nothing to deny conventional interaction. No one knows what you are doing. You remain faithful to the situation without following it. If you follow it, that is going along with creation, which is being stuck with it: ie, suppression, indulgence or the bodily manipulations mentioned above.

It is not a matter of "fooling" people, either. If you feel this is beyond your ability at this time, there is another technique. It is somewhat similar to psychic energetic circulation within the body or bodies. The key in all these matters is intent. Every individual is different. Many such manuals written by authors such as Mantak Chia cover this, but the application is different. Long and deep study of classic buddhist and taoist works and developing a sense of autonomy and aloofness from mundane affairs, including worldly concerns, politics, right and wrong, etc.— all manner of sources of contention should be eliminated. The source of desire has no such confusion. I also suggest studying the Art of War, and begin to slowly learn to recognize the subtlety of potential hidden within the context of heartfelt desire.

But in order to do neither within the context of the manifest, it is necessary to work with potential alone.

Edited by deci belle

Thanks, everyone, although I must say there are some posts which are not at all relevant to my query.

Anyway, I'll narrow it down further: let's say I conserve semen for some time. They say after a month or so, it'll be released during sleep. So the whole thing will be wasted. So my question is, Is it possible to conserve it naturally without any violent suppression, so that one doesn't lose it in sleep?

Thanks, everyone, although I must say there are some posts which are not at all relevant to my query.

Anyway, I'll narrow it down further: let's say I conserve semen for some time. They say after a month or so, it'll be released during sleep. So the whole thing will be wasted. So my question is, Is it possible to conserve it naturally without any violent suppression, so that one doesn't lose it in sleep?

My question is why do you want to do this?

Sign in to follow this