xabir2005

Ruthless Truth

If I = ego, then I would obviously be false.

Ego solidifies the 'I'. This 'I' is trusted to be true... it is the process of myopic solidification (neuroses) that lacks truth. In Buddhist psychology, harboring the needs to make things permanent and solid is caused by the conditioned tendencies of a grasping nature. This is also that which gives rise to Dukkha. This, however, is reversible.

Engaging in Mindful Attention is one of the practices which can help to reverse this process. Mindful Attention practices, some conclude, are too focussed on the mind, which leads to dullness they say. This is a misperception. Mindful Attention practices very much include all aspects of daily activities, from the time one awakes in the morning till the time one returns to sleep. How much, and for how long can this mindfulness be sustained? It is easy to practice Mindfulness when one is sitting down in meditation - watching the mind here is simple. It is when one gets out of meditation that one's mindfulness mettle is tested. So, its not about what is true and false - it is more about how one goes about abiding in calm equipoise throughout the day, and if this can be sustained, then a grace of suchness, the ability to allow for things to come and go without tending to be manipulative, will be translated over to sleep time as well. Very often, people who cannot sleep well are those who chronically manipulate their waking activities. Such a tendency do translate over to sleep time as well, unfortunately.

By investigating into one's habitual patterns, thru Mindful Attention, we can find out who/what is it that is allowing for such manipulations to take effect, and whether such habits can be altered and improved upon. The more solid the grasping at an inherent, independent self, the less conducive the environment for creating the right circumstances to bring about such improvements.

• Like 2

hmmmm. :D

It's all over now. Hehehe. You are too late. That's the way life is sometimes.

But Xabir did a pretty good job for your side of the table.

It's all over now. Hehehe. You are too late. That's the way life is sometimes.

But Xabir did a pretty good job for your side of the table.

LOL! He always does! Thanks MH!

How are things bro? Good to see you here, still dusting the shelves. :)

LOL! He always does! Thanks MH!

How are things bro? Good to see you here, still dusting the shelves. :)

Life is good here, thanks. The only complaint I have is that I'm not getting enough rain but you know how useless it is to complain about the weather. The makers of rain really don't care too much about what I think.

Earlier in this thread weather was used as an example. The word was used as a noun. This is an error, I think. 'Weather' is what the atmosphere does. It is a verb, not a noun. (Kinda like when the word 'Tao' is used. It really isn't proper to use it as a noun.)

True, you know me. I feel that Taoist Philosophy should remain the centerpiece and the grounding point of this forum. (Who cares what Sean thinks. Hehehe) (I hope he doesn't read this. Hehehe.)

How have you been?

I feel that Taoist Philosophy should remain the centerpiece and the grounding point of this forum.

Ah! Marblehead... but you do agree that Taoist Philosophy is an all-encompassing, non-exclusive one, right? I stand corrected, but am i wrong to say that the Tao rejects nothing? (wish i knew a better way of putting this across - sorry). Otherwise, the consequences will be tending towards dogma, i would assume. I like a system of philosophical thought which allows for a broad spectrum of considerations, which is the precise reason why i am here instead of the other 'exclusive Tao country club members-only' forums.

Ah! Marblehead... but you do agree that Taoist Philosophy is an all-encompassing, non-exclusive one, right? I stand corrected, but am i wrong to say that the Tao rejects nothing? (wish i knew a better way of putting this across - sorry). Otherwise, the consequences will be tending towards dogma, i would assume. I like a system of philosophical thought which allows for a broad spectrum of considerations, which is the precise reason why i am here instead of the other 'exclusive Tao country club members-only' forums.

Hehehe. Well, sure, go ahead and put me on the spot.

Yes, you are absolutely correct. Tao is all-encompassing. But I'm not. Hehehe.

Tao rejects nothing. But I do reject some things from entering into my life.

And I am glad you are here. We don't always agree but that holds no value in my mind. That we are able to communicate is of value to me.

Dogma. I hope I don't appear to be dogmatic when I get on my horse and ride about Taoist Philosophy. It is just that I feel it is a very good base from which one can life a very rich and meaningful life. How a person suppliments this base is a personal choice and as I have mentioned before, if it helps you through your life then I would consider it good (with exceptions, of course).

My background is primarily Buddhist but I have found Taoists and Taoist forums to be more accepting, open and less dogmatic than most 'Buddhists'. I am not trying to say all Buddhists are, but most seem to be. Most Buddhist forums online are filled with those who will not even consider view that opposes theirs, and such views need not be from other philosophical systems but their own - within Vajrayana, different sects, Hinayana vs Mahayana, Mahasi vs Goenka vs Thai Forest. I found this forum rather late but the openness and 'Tao' here are very very refreshing. I cannot in contrast find one Buddhist forum that is even partially-encompassing or non-exclusive even for the sake of pretension. Cheers to The Tao Bums forum.

• Like 2

My background is primarily Buddhist ...

Very lovely post. I hope all the moderators and Sean read it.

Thanks for sharing and thanks for being here.

Greetings..

Tao accepts all things, as it is 'that'.. and, 'that' includes rejection, which is simply part of larger dynamic happening.. tao is the process, and that which it produces..

Be well..

Greetings..

Tao accepts all things, as it is 'that'.. and, 'that' includes rejection, which is simply part of larger dynamic happening.. tao is the process, and that which it produces..

Be well..

Hehehe. Seems I missed that aspect of the essence of the totality. Thanks for the help.

Life is good here, thanks. The only complaint I have is that I'm not getting enough rain but you know how useless it is to complain about the weather. The makers of rain really don't care too much about what I think.

Earlier in this thread weather was used as an example. The word was used as a noun. This is an error, I think. 'Weather' is what the atmosphere does. It is a verb, not a noun. (Kinda like when the word 'Tao' is used. It really isn't proper to use it as a noun.)

True, you know me. I feel that Taoist Philosophy should remain the centerpiece and the grounding point of this forum. (Who cares what Sean thinks. Hehehe) (I hope he doesn't read this. Hehehe.)

How have you been?

I agree, the Tao should be used as a Verb. From here we have no qualms. Tao is a process of polarities, and emptiness is the space for more process!

When I said dusting off the shelves, I mean bringing old books to light. It was a compliment.

Anyway... Life is... well... a process. No matter where I'm at. I'm in Toronto, Canada now. :D

My background is primarily Buddhist but I have found Taoists and Taoist forums to be more accepting, open and less dogmatic than most 'Buddhists'. I am not trying to say all Buddhists are, but most seem to be. Most Buddhist forums online are filled with those who will not even consider view that opposes theirs, and such views need not be from other philosophical systems but their own - within Vajrayana, different sects, Hinayana vs Mahayana, Mahasi vs Goenka vs Thai Forest. I found this forum rather late but the openness and 'Tao' here are very very refreshing. I cannot in contrast find one Buddhist forum that is even partially-encompassing or non-exclusive even for the sake of pretension. Cheers to The Tao Bums forum.

In a sense, you are correct! But, don't talk too much Buddhism with a sense of self righteousness, otherwise you'll get a smack! LOL!

I'm a Dzogchen practitioner with a holistic sense when it comes to Buddhism as in all the paths of Buddhism are good in the beginning, middle and end, and life itself... as everyone has a process to undertake and what is the best is what evolves that individual towards betterment during this moment. What that means for me and my personal level of expression is a process as well. ^_^

But, welcome aboard fellow Buddhist. :D

Greetings..

Be well..

Well, I can tentatively agree with this statement of yours TzuJanLi... finally.

Since Seth shared his experiences with the Ruthless Truth forum and his insight, I wanted to bump this thread. In particular I wanted to share that I still find the site to be extremely troubling. I can't shake the feeling that Ruthless Truth is a cult in the making, if not already. It worries me a great deal, especially after perusing the threads (again and a lot more in depth) and seeing how they operate. I was wondering if anyone else has gone over there and gotten the same impression?

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

Since Seth shared his experiences with the Ruthless Truth forum and his insight, I wanted to bump this thread. In particular I wanted to share that I still find the site to be extremely troubling. I can't shake the feeling that Ruthless Truth is a cult in the making, if not already. It worries me a great deal, especially after perusing the threads (again and a lot more in depth) and seeing how they operate. I was wondering if anyone else has gone over there and gotten the same impression?

Aaron

It is very disturbing. I don't think they actually got Seth totally, hopefully. *crosses fingers*

I'm thinking he got the Cartesian Theatre part of it, and saw through ego as self. It really doesn't matter how strong your mind is in these matters though, because it is your mind that is pitted against itself. If you keep repeating that you don't exist over and over and over to yourself, and trying to look at awareness with awareness, your own mind attempts to solidify this untruth as your new perspective. You could tell a child a lie over and over, and eventually he will believe it, especially if there is no one to tell him different.

If he starts saying there is no self in anyway, and he don't exist and never has, nor does anyone else exist, then I will be worried.

Just watch how they say "LOOK" and "FOCUS" these are the keywords for the hypnosis. Without these words it wouldn't work for them at all.

Ruthless Truth II - Love & Desires do not help you achieve Wu Wei/Enlightenment

How does the Non-Self experience Love and Desires?

There is No Mind.

There is No Heart-Mind.

There is No Head-Mind.

There are No Emotions.

Love and Desires will only reinforce the Illusion and the Lie that there is a Self.

There is no Self.

There is no Love.

There are no Desires.

Pure Consciousness can only exist as Pure Awareness but because there is no self, no love and no desires in Pure Consciousness, Pure Consciousness/Awareness has to create an Illusionary Self to experience the Illusions of Love and Desire.

Will add more feedback when I read the rest of the thread.

Aaron

I too feel they have the potential to become [if they have not already] extremely cultish. I think they still may help certain people {like me}, but be worse for others...

But I have stated my misgivings about them a number of times already...

I frequent another spirituality forum, and several months ago some avatar named stepvhen arrived, also from the Ruthless Truth camp, with his "You're not here" mantra.

I researched that site a little bit, turns out they were issued orders by some other chap to invade any spirituality site they could find. Seemed more like a cult to me.

Epiphanies are nice, I suppose, assuming you intuited them correctly. Not much point trying to include others though, as each person must find them on their own.

Hi Scott: I have experienced Buddhism in several in-depth perspectives, and i find it lacking in practical believability, my choice.. and, that is the issue, same as 'Ruthless Truth', if someone doesn't agree with the belief in 'no-self', the 'belief-system' is conditioned to diminish the non-believer's self-worth and convert them, no different than any religious evangelical.. what is depressing is to witness the dependence on someone else's, Buddha's in this case, experience, when in fact, Buddha says discover your own 'Buddha nature'.. the 'lack', is in one's faith in their own nature, such that they mimic rather than discover, and.. as such, never know authenticity or originality..

Be well..

Be well..

I didnt want to post on buddhabum topics lest i attract the pests. But it is my exprience that most "buddhists" ponificating on this site neither have the intellectual nor emotional maturity necessary to have the authority to teach anything mundane, let alone spirituality. You arent alone in your disgust on this matter...i empathize, for all its worth

I didnt want to post on buddhabum topics lest i attract the pests. But it is my exprience that most "buddhists" ponificating on this site neither have the intellectual nor emotional maturity necessary to have the authority to teach anything mundane, let alone spirituality. You arent alone in your disgust on this matter...i empathize, for all its worth

Thanks for chiming in.