Dr. Jacoby

Just saying hi

Hello everyone!

I recently discovered the tao bums through a friend, and let me tell you: as far as internet forums on spirituality goes, this seems to be my kind of place! I personally love the non-sectarian touch held by many contributing members here, it feels very enabling and vibrant. I hope to contribute something to this community, although i have to be honest: ultimately i'm here for my own selfish reasons, beware! :unsure:

Lately, i have been dabbling mostly with the mind in practice, but i am now interested in expanding to the body oriented practices of tantrism. Taking this step i think requires some transformational knowledge on my part, so that whatever has been gained (or rather, un-done) will not be lost stepping into the fire of bodily sensations. The traditions that have sofar been my pillars of influence are (as i understand them, of course) buddhism, taoism and perhaps the german school of thought (meister eckhart, heidegger, nietzche etc) in philosophy. I look forward to sharing and discussing these and other perspectives with whoever is interested and interesting.

BTW (the real reason i wrote this post): i haven't had any success in posting in other sections of this forum, is there some special initiation that has to be undergone to be able to post in and view the entire forum? Or perhaps THIS IS IT?

Kind regards,

Dr. Jacoby

PS. I'm not a doctor. DS

Edited by Dr. Jacoby

Welcome, Doc!

All you say sounds very interesting, but I'm especially happy to hear that there's someone else interested in German philosophy! Perhaps I'll shoot you some questions when I try to brush up on my Hegel again.

BTW, you should be able to post anywhere now that you've made it through the lobby.

Happy trails!

Peregrino

Thanks for the warm welcoming Peregrino...

Oh boy, hadn't expected that anyone would call my bluff on german philosophy. Let's see if i dodge the bullets or take them to heart.

PS. your avatar freaks me out, very surreal! DS

Oops! Just for the record, that's a ninja--not a Klansman!--on my avatar.

Maybe I should change back to my original avatar--a medieval pilgrim abiding in Gelassenheit.

Your pic's a trip, by the way. You wouldn't happen to be a Captain Beefheart fan, would you?

You have undergone the secret initiation ritual Doc. Welcome to the elite inner circle of Taoist madness. Muahahahhaah!!! :lol:

Sean

Sean: i feel honoured to take part in this madness, thanks for accepting me.

Peregrino: my comments about your pic was ment as a compliment - still this doesn't mean that i'm condoning racial bigotry ;). Captain Beefheart i don't know very well, sadly.

Edited by Dr. Jacoby