Sign in to follow this  
AlekTao

I need more info...

You can't really group all of us into any uh, particular group. But many of us have gotten our Taoist cues from the Healing Tao, which is more alchemical taoism, then religious. So no altars, a nod to the 8 immortals, mostly as archetypes, and the meditations are energy related, ie they correspond to classical 4 element theories.

For a primer on the Healing Tao system as interpreted by Michael Winn here is a long article/site

http://www.healingtaousa.com/isa.html#faeb . The healingtaousa.com discussion site has many other nuggets and rocks in it.

Yours

Michael

The HT systems starts w/ the inner smile (there's a free booklet), then works on the microcosmic orbit and healing sounds, getting a feeling for how the major organs correspond with emotions and seasons etc. On this site, the taobums they have expanded the discussion way beyond taoism into practically every thing.

Thanks very much for info about Healing Tao :)

I have decided to go into religion, and therefore I need som information.

One more question: If you're in Taoi religion - how do you marry there? And are there any religious holdays? Like Christianity = Easter.

Maybe search for 'taoist religion' on amazon.com?

Winn's 'primordial chikung' dvd is a great ceremony practice for special places and times. I think there may be a free copy to borrow in the taobums library possibly. That and a copy of Chia's "transforming stress into vitality."

Most taoist teachers are concerned with increasing energy and vitality and they don't really get into oneness with the tao through quiet sitting meditation as do the many zen books out there so you may have to outsource and make up your own version of Taoism.

Maybe search for 'taoist religion' on amazon.com?

Winn's 'primordial chikung' dvd is a great ceremony practice for special places and times. I think there may be a free copy to borrow in the taobums library possibly. That and a copy of Chia's "transforming stress into vitality."

Most taoist teachers are concerned with increasing energy and vitality and they don't really get into oneness with the tao through quiet sitting meditation as do the many zen books out there so you may have to outsource and make up your own version of Taoism.

Hm... interesting...

I am going to figure that out ;)

Also, possibly the best single source for information on taoist practices is by our own Taobum, Trunk, at alchemicaltaoism.com

Much to ponder!

By no means should you be ashamed of admitting to not being an "expert". I've only been familiar with the Tao for a few months myself.

As previously stated, it ain't all cut and dry. After all, "There are as many names for God as there are tongues to speak them." I myself follow the path of Tao Jia, or philosophical Taoism.

http://www.exploretaoism.com/index.html

Is it possible to follow both paths?

That's the beauty of it. What's that old saying? All roads lead to Rome.

Bruce

Sign in to follow this