1. 1. Which continent do you live in?

• North America
    • South America
    • Africa
    • Europe
    • Asia
    • Oceania

So where on this planet are you from?

I am from Norway - a small town with ca. 2000 inhabitants 90-100km. south-east of Oslo.

I still live in the town I was born in... southeastern Michigan. People are leaving this area in droves (I don't think I need to fill anyone in on Detroit's economic crisis due to the auto manufacturers), but this place is home to me.

:)

I'm in Columbia, SC and, yes, northerners are moving south in droves. I talked to one young teacher from New York state and she says that teachers are being laid off up there... her schools were running out of kids so she followed them down here. That seems to be the pattern, the 20 somethings move south and then a few years later their siblings, friends, parents etc follow.

Phoenix Arizona via Atlanta Georgia via Westchester County NY.

I like it here but it is ridiculously hot right now. 110 degrees is a normal day right now.

I live in a kinda small (ca 25,000) town in the sandy, flat part of the middle of Wisconsin - by way of Milwaukee for quite a while - by way of the Bay area and several other places - by way of the Maryland burbs of Washington DC. back when there was open land between DC and Baltimore.

l've really grown to like living in a community this size - there's something to be said for a place where rush hour means that it takes a little longer to turn left on US 10.

I live in Vigo, Galicia (autonomous region of northwestern Spain), by way of California, Oregon, New York, Virginia, New Hampshire, and Mexico, among other places. I've been quite the vagabond (one of the reasons I chose my handle, Peregrino--Spanish for "pilgrim"), though now I'm happy to make my home in this corner of Europe. However, in case Europe tanks, I do have my escape pod--New Zealand! Since I was born there, I'm eligible for an NZ passport (thanks to liberal citizenship laws), which I can add to the US and Irish passports. Just don't tell Homeland Security . . .

Edited by Peregrino

Sign in to follow this