Sign in to follow this  
bodyoflight

Should I be angered or liberated by Blasto's insult "you can't get laid"

http://www.thetaobums.com/index.php?/topic/18420-relationships-and-children-will-only-curb-your-spiritual-cultivation/page__view__findpost__p__258536

Blasto said this to me.. "Non and bodyoflight, separated at birth!! :lol:

Dude, I feel yer pain, but it's obvious to anyone over 30 that you couldn't get laid to save your life. I had my dry spell in my early 20s too, right after I quit drinking, and as soon as I got healthier, the sex flowed like beer. I did try to rationalize this era as a "spiritual" period, but when I got sucked in by a gorgeous 40 yr-old kindergarten teacher in Denver, the no-sex spirituality lost its appeal. Quickly. "

Should I feel angered or liberated by his remark that I can't get laid?

If I am trying to destroy any sexual lusts in me, shouldn't I accept his remark as a compliment that I am already progressing on my spiritual path?

Why does society measure a man or a woman by his or her ability to reproduce?

Don't you all see it is a game designed to trap human beings and drain them before they can do any significant work on themselves?

Why do you feel angry when I say you can't get laid?

Do you measure your self-worth as a human being in the amount of times you get laid?

Isn't that the animal consciousness at play then?

These insights came about as a result of a 5 min meditation I just did. Came out of nowhere..

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

We are only affected by the words of another if we choose to give them that power over us.

You get to choose.

Who you are and what you feel come from within you, not from the approval or disapproval of others.

No one can make you feel anything unless you give them that power.

We have been conditioned to be addicted to the drug called approval since birth and so we feel otherwise - see through that.

This is the first step to liberation.

• Like 2

Ah don't make much out of Blasto's humour, happened to me just the other day, got the most precise profile ever, in a few 'deadly' sentences, from a grandpa in his 70's.

I tell you man, longevity must be worth it, these guys can read through you like the goddamn morning newspaper!!

Feel insulted? You should thank him!!

:blush:

edit: i have to add that the 'grandpa' looked 20 yrs younger

Edited by Little1
  • Like 1

*** Mod Message ***

After careful consideration Bodyoflight has been suspended for 7 days so that he can think about forum rules. This has been done reluctantly after several warnings.

He and everybody else has the option to report posts which he finds offensive or otherwise unacceptable and the moderation team will look at every report in detail.

As this is not really Taoist Discussion I'm moving it to Off Topic.

Thanks.

Apech for Mod Team

**** Mod Message ****

• Like 2

If you are angry then that anger exists as a bodily sensation so it is a fact, all your "shoulds" are just mind fabrications trying to manipulate reality, you wont get rid of that anger just by telling yourself that it shouldn't exist according to your ego's criteria of what your reality should be at that moment, all that does is create more stress.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this