Sign in to follow this  
bodyoflight

cutting myself out of the loop

i have decided to move to india for good and do nothing but meditation day in day out for the rest of my life..

there is some meager savings left in my account so luckily for me, india is a cheap place to live in.. low expenses and all that..

after analyzing the society of china and taiwan, i can safely conclude that there are very few chinese masters who are as high as the tibetans..

last week, i picked up a book by drunvalo called serpent of light.. it detailed the moving of earth's kundalini force from tibet to south america..

as of right now, i hate to say this but the tibetan masters are the highest masters in the world.. no doubt about it..

i imagine myself living a stress-free life from now on.. free of women.. free of screaming kids.. free of the stress of work ..

no worry.. no stress.. just pure meditative peace..

damn .. life is good..

Edited by bodyoflight

VINCENT

So if you're quitting the life,

what'll you do?

JULES

That's what I've been sitting here

contemplating. First, I'm gonna

deliver this case to Marsellus.

Then, basically, I'm gonna walk the

earth.

VINCENT

What do you mean, walk the earth?

JULES

You know, like Caine in "KUNG FU."

Just walk from town to town, meet

people, get in adventures.

VINCENT

How long do you intend to walk the

earth?

JULES

Until God puts me where he want me

to be.

VINCENT

What if he never does?

JULES

If it takes forever, I'll wait

forever.

VINCENT

So you decided to be a bum?

JULES

I'll just be Jules, Vincent -- no

more, no less.

VINCENT

No Jules, you're gonna be like

those pieces of shit out there who

beg for change. They walk around

like a bunch of fuckin' zombies,

they sleep in garbage bins, they

eat what I throw away, and dogs

piss on 'em. They got a word for

'em, they're called bums. And

without a job, residence, or legal

tender, that's what you're gonna be

-- a fuckin' bum!

JULES

Look my friend, this is just where

me and you differ --

VINCENT

-- what happened was peculiar -- no

doubt about it -- but it wasn't

water into wine.

JULES

All shapes and sizes, Vince.

VINCENT

Stop fuckin' talkin' like that!

JULES

If you find my answers frightening,

Vincent, you should cease askin'

scary questions.

VINCENT

When did you make this decision --

while you were sitting there eatin'

your muffin?

JULES

Yeah. I was just sitting here

drinking my coffee, eating my

muffin, playin' the incident in my

head, when I had what alcoholics

refer to as a "moment of clarity."

VINCENT

I gotta take a shit. To be

continued.

Well, there are definitely some very high-level gurus in India.

But I think a lot of meeting the right master depends upon your karma and yuanfen.. So, good luck with that.

Anyhow, real spirituality is also about integration, not escapism. So, don't be surprised if the same issues follow you areound, wherever you go.. Why? because only a fool thinks he can escape himself. You can never escape yourself - only integrate it.

Although Buddha did the same thing with his family & it worked out for him, so who knows? :lol:

Edited by vortex

i have decided to move to india for good and do nothing but meditation day in day out for the rest of my life..

there is some meager savings left in my account so luckily for me, india is a cheap place to live in.. low expenses and all that..

after analyzing the society of china and taiwan, i can safely conclude that there are very few chinese masters who are as high as the tibetans..

last week, i picked up a book by drunvalo called serpent of light.. it detailed the moving of earth's kundalini force from tibet to south america..

as of right now, i hate to say this but the tibetan masters are the highest masters in the world.. no doubt about it..

i imagine myself living a stress-free life from now on.. free of women.. free of screaming kids.. free of the stress of work ..

damn .. life is good..

Awe, shucks. Now I'm gonna hafta go out and find other sources of pretentiousness and spiritual egocentrism. Don't forget to send us a postcard from Atlantis! :lol:

• Like 3

Well, there are definitely some very high-level gurus in India.

But I think a lot of meeting the right master depends upon your karma and yuanfen.. So, good luck with that.

Anyhow, real spirituality is also about integration, not escapism. So, don't be surprised if the same issues follow you areound, wherever you go.. Why? because only a fool thinks he can escape himself. You can never escape yourself - only integrate it.

Although Buddha did the same thing with his family & it worked out for him, so who knows? :lol:

so if everything worked out for buddha, why shouldn't the same thing happened to me?

lots of practitioners have thrown away the mundane world in favor of the spiritual world.. not the first time it happened and not the last time either..

Anyhow, real spirituality is also about integration, not escapism. So, don't be surprised if the same issues follow you areound, wherever you go..

As Matsuo Basho observed, "Even when In Kyoto, when i hear the cuckoo's cry, I long for Kyoto...".

As long as one is searching and seeking, getting close to "finding" will be difficult.

Thats all.

• Like 2

damn .. life is good..

Which part of India do you imagine is free of women and screaming kids? Population graph below, not sure what percentage are women or children but its a lot!

India-demography.png

?

• Like 1

Because Buddha is Buddha and you is you.

Q

ahhh.. you are differentiating between buddha and me.. not good...

haven't you realized that everything is all one by now? that we are all god?..

Which part of India do you imagine is free of women and screaming kids? Population graph below, not sure what percentage are women or children but its a lot!

India-demography.png

?

first of all, i feel no affinity with indian women..

secondly, i am settling down in a rather remote province with a small population..

so your graph clearly doesn't matter..

As Matsuo Basho observed, "Even when In Kyoto, when i hear the cuckoo's cry, I long for Kyoto...".

As long as one is searching and seeking, getting close to "finding" will be difficult.

Thats all.

as least matsuo is in kyoto..

i am pretty sure his longing will pass in less than a second once he realized he is in kyoto

• Like 1

first of all, i feel no affinity with indian women..

secondly, i am settling down in a rather remote province with a small population..

so your graph clearly doesn't matter..

OK. Have you been there already?

• Like 1

It could be a hard path if you're not willing to put in hard work. For example, learn Hindi before you go, get CD's, language programs etc. See if you can spend a few hours a day learning it.

If you can't spend two or three months learning the language I don't know if you'll be considered worthy to teach. Being conversant will help you immeasurably if you intend to travel and study. Same goes for a deep knowledge of Yoga. Odds are most Indian masters are yogic, if you can' demonstrate a depth of real and practical knowledge they might not be too accepting.

You may need to adjust your attitude also. Traveling the open road you need to be open to all things. Here you tend to lecture and play at being mysterious. Making friends and contacts is the number one most important thing in travel. The only way you'll find the right connection is through others who trust you.

To some extent I see that lacking in your conversations here and its vital. Read some good travel literature, one of the best is 'The Gods Drink Whiskey', a great study of an American abroad; its his contacts that allow him to move and learn, whether its from holy men, people down the hall, or at the saloon. Everywhere there are lessons, but being open and friendly opens the door.

Your writing here doesn't seem open or friendly. You won't even say what, if any, practices you do. If you're serious about travel, change, be more open, make it your mission to learn to talk to people easily, everywhere.

hint Don't wear a watch and ask lots of people for the time, thank them and strike up a conversation. That tactic helped immeasurably in my travels here and abroad. I'm currently reading 'Travels with Charley' by John Steinbeck right now. There is an art to it that flows from listening and humility. Steinbeck captures it beautifully, hiding his identity so he learn about America circa 1962.

I digress, good luck what ever you decide to do, but remember Fate favors the prepared. Do your home work and be worthy of those you would study under.

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

the tibetan masters are the highest masters in the world.. no doubt about it..

This is only your opinion. There are masters to be found everywhere.

• Like 5

This is only your opinion. There are masters to be found everywhere.

the number of human masters in the tibetan traditions far outnumber the number of human masters in the other traditions..

they have a fantastic track record and their lineages are impeccable..

so unless a higher being appears in front of my eyes to teach me, i will take a gamble and stick to the tibetan masters..

Edited by bodyoflight

as least matsuo is in kyoto..

i am pretty sure his longing will pass in less than a second once he realized he is in kyoto

This is only because your measurement of 'less than a second' is relative only to your pre-conditioned/limited definition of what a second is. As the conventional mind diminishes, and it will, after you have spent quality time with the masters, you might see and feel that a second is no longer a second, conventionally speaking that is.

And you are right... its verifiable that many high-level yogis are present in the Himalayan regions, namely Bhutan, Nepal, Tibet and parts of the northern borders of India. Also in Tamil Nadu, i was told.

Others are not hell, others are our remedy ;

How can so narrow a temperament that most of us get accommodate so magnificent and powerful a stuff like qi if we haven't gone through and survived humiliation and torment among the mass?

Edited by exorcist_1699

A life without children would be very sad. Children dont just scream, far from it. My children never scream at all. Please stop referring to children in a negative sense, objectifying them and projecting your negativity and fears onto them.

Bear in mind if you spoke of a race of people the way that you speak of women and children you would have been banned from the forum.

Consider your prejudices, please.

A life without children would be very sad. Children dont just scream, far from it. My children never scream at all. Please stop referring to children in a negative sense, objectifying them and projecting your negativity and fears onto them.

Bear in mind if you spoke of a race of people the way that you speak of women and children you would have been banned from the forum.

Consider your prejudices, please.

my experiences of children and spouses are far more negative than yours..

however it doesn't mean that i am necessarily referring to your children..

i don't even know who you are so why would i project any ill-feelings towards you?..

why have such a sensitive ego?

my experiences of children and spouses are far more negative than yours..

however it doesn't mean that i am necessarily referring to your children..

i don't even know who you are so why would i project any ill-feelings towards you?..

why have such a sensitive ego?

I'm sorry bol, I am unable to communicate with you profitably. Your assumptions are too wide of the mark.

Sign in to follow this