Sign in to follow this  
de_paradise

Do we have magic-pill-itis?

Why do we buy into it? We collude with this linear x causes y magic pill type coveting? Kunlun isnt a magic pill, going to Asia to get a guru isnt a magic pill, there is no magic pill qigong to help you get over your chronic anger, or feel the spark to play with your kid? A "complete system" of enlightenment may work for some, not for others, hence it is no magic pill either.

In the aggragate, we chip away, grind, grunt, keep an open mind to new solutions or possible remedies, or behaviors that we can adapt to advance our path. Then we are hit with another doozie that makes makes us realize it isnt so easy to progress. Then grind and grunt, and muddle through.

Many times, when I give some advice on this forum, I am hit later with some kind of sitution that makes me think I am in no position to give advice. But I do want to thank those that post their problems and queries as it gives some new angle to chew on and try to find and answer to, and even if my posts are not helping anyone, and just another fake-out of my ego to gain esteem. In any case, it helps me think of spiritual path, in this mundane, Age of spiritual darkness.

As to magic pills, these are only for the simplistic mind to consume and believe in. Its easier to communicate that way. Girl A is sold on the idea that a lipstick can help her attract a man and live happily every after, we are sold on a number of things, we want them to be true for us. We are used to being sold like that, and formulating our speach like that, spreading that same magic pill type belief. It just may be that the lipstick is the deal clincher, who knows. But in most cases, just a pipe dream.

• Like 4

Thanks for the analysis deci, the motivation is certainly key, and at the same time quite difficult to explain or communicate.

so , i can just pull up to the drive thru, while i am texting , order up some siddhis,

enlightenment, healing capability, and a side of grand circulation with my visa card?

but i need to be in some far off land, right?

I'm pretty sure life Is the pill. It gives us exactly what we need to take us where it wants to take us. We must modify ourselves to find the comfort zone in which to regard and learn from Life.

Edited by manitou

I'm pretty sure life Is the pill. It gives us exactly what we need to take us where it wants to take us. We must modify ourselves to find the comfort zone in which to regard and learn from Life.

:)

and find the changeless within the changes?

Sign in to follow this