Sign in to follow this  
Thunder_Gooch

John Chang Video Redux

I was frustrated trying to show friends the original video and them not having the attention span to watch it and understand what it was about. I edited out all but the most important bits and trimmed it down to as short a video as was possible.

I hope someone here might find it useful.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MoOgZsQGQpA

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 4

Very cool update. I wish there it was longer and there was feedback from the scientists watching.

Its good to remember the 'power' displayed was maybe 1/10th of a triple a battery. So its not the ability he shown thats impressive. Its his calm humble demeanor, the fact he's been away (happily) from the public for 2 years in Borneo meditating.

• Like 1

Doesn't the newspaper demonstration especially, make you think.. ?

There is a youtube video somewhere showing how easily this can be done with hidden chemicals in the paper. He could of at least shown there was nothing inside the conveniently wrapped up ball of paper, had other people give him some paper, no camera cuts, etc.

I'm not saying its not possible but if his demonstration doesn't make you really suspicious you are being naive.

He's absolutely legit, if you research it a bit more you will notice he's demonstrated much more amazing things than this, never charged anyone a dime for teaching or healing, and he doesn't want the fame as he is very reclusive.

Edit: I updated the video to remove the newspaper scene.

Doesn't the newspaper demonstration especially, make you think.. ?

There is a youtube video somewhere showing how easily this can be done with hidden chemicals in the paper. He could of at least shown there was nothing inside the conveniently wrapped up ball of paper, had other people give him some paper, no camera cuts, etc.

I'm not saying its not possible but if his demonstration doesn't make you really suspicious you are being naive.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 2

He's absolutely legit, if you research it a bit more you will notice he's demonstrated much more amazing things than this, never charged anyone a dime for teaching or healing, and he doesn't want the fame as he is very reclusive.

I watched the whole video, and it is a collection of demonstrations that could quite easily be plain magicians tricks. What makes it even more dubious is the makers in the video claim they came back to test if DJ was for real yet dont do/show the simplest of things they could have done to make it hard for him to use sleight of hand, hidden props etc. While making it sound like they have done reasonable things to test is scientifically.

The video really is terribly dishonest, whether intentionally or through gulliblilty.

Since he is very reclusive what more research are you talking about? What makes you say he's absolutley legit?

I concede that catching a pellet from a pellet rifle or catching a newspaper on fire etc aren't really good demonstrations and can be easily faked.

However usually if he were a fraud I would question his motives, as he can accept no money or even donations for healing or teaching students and he has since retired and stayed very reclusive. Obviously money and fame aren't motivating factors, so why perpetuate the fraud?

He's had many students, there are a few books written about him by a student Kosta Danaos, Kosta was an mechanical engineer for General Dynamics and tried his best to find the fraud during demonstrations. You can look his books up on amazon.

More advanced Indonesian students were x-rayed and their naval chakra (dan tein) became opaque to the xrays at will.

There are interviews up on youtube with another of his students Jim McMillian, search for john chang student and john chang student interview and you will find them.

I have been told that the beginning exercises in Chang's school are included also in the longmen pai school or dragon gate school and I've practiced those and experienced things personally during training that proved to me that there is a lot we do not currently understand.

For example when I was meditating in a deep trance state, my body grew cold and I felt heat and vibration at my naval chakra I would attempt to push this energy out and on every occasion I did so I could wake a sleeping person in the same household at the exact instant I attempted it. I repeated this test on many occasions and got instant and direct feedback, hearing them waking up as if having a nightmare.

I do not think this is likely to be self delusion, it was a direct cause and effect relationship. I used to be an staunch atheist however until I had experiences which changed my world view. There is a lot we do not understand.

I realize some person on the internet telling you they experienced something proves absolutely nothing, I am sure lots of people get abducted by interdimensional aliens on a daily basis, but for me this is as real as it gets as I've experienced it first hand and know it to be real.

There is a lot more I wish I could say on the subject but really it's not my place to do so, and would probably wind up causing me a lot of problems as well. I don't think anything I could say really could convince you anyway. I'd venture to guess nothing short of seeing an in person demo, or having Chang win the Randi challenge would be sufficient.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

I see, well you dont seem that taken in by the video but i'll post some links of the same tricks being done by magicians anyway.

http://www.ellusionist.com/electric-touch-by-yigal-mesika.html

Im not trying to disprove chi or that extraordinary things are not possible. There is plenty of far out stuff in the mainstream traditions of Taoism and Buddhism that I dont have a problem with. If one does not adhere to a reductionist materialism of mind then lots of things can be accepted at least as reasonable.

But, I'm still sceptical of people making extraordinary claims, there are plenty of people who are faking it trying to pass it off as something real, and plenty of people who have no interest in not being completely deluded about what they can do. For this, the Randis of the world can be useful, to expose frauds. OTOH Randi goes too far and I dont think he does fair scientific tests on people geniuenly trying to demonstrate something, and afaik he has wriggled out of some cases pretty dishonestly himself, eg. I'm pretty sure people could demonstrate fasting beyond what science would accept as possible and those that applied to do this with him were fobbed off.

When presented with a video like John Chang's moving knifes balanced so precariously a breeze would move them, giving electric shocks easily done with gimmicks you can buy on the internet etc etc along with the most inept film producers and "scientific" testers it just says fraud so obviously. That you think he is not making a profit from this doesn't take away from how bad the video is. People mention John Chang and his tradition when buying into other peoples products so there is some connection there anyway.

I don't think anything I could say really could convince you anyway. I'd venture to guess nothing short of seeing an in person demo, or having Chang win the Randi challenge would be sufficient.

Well, yeah, if you are going to say hes absolutely legit then I would expect you to have some personal experience with him.

You make it sound like asking for an in person demo is a big deal. If that is what they are teaching or using to establish their credibility then let them show you, or let their students show you. I've met many Tibetan and Taoist teachers in person that are very accessable and happy to demonstrate what they are trying to teach.

Caveat emptor

• Like 1

Andreas,

It makes me really sad that someone I look up to like you, thinks so badly of me.

I realize the school is closed to westerners and Chang has retired and wishes to be left alone, but this video of him still serves as an inspiration to many myself included. I hope people will seek out other neigong schools like longmen pai, or bak fu pai, or any of the many other neigong schools. I will never give up hope and will go to China as soon as I am able to do so in search of other teachers. I am told that maybe there is still hope for westerners looking for the lineage in China even though the Indonesian school is closed to westerners.

I am not sure what I have done to make you think I am so immoral. I guess you are referring to my forum, the only reason I created it would be so that people with an interest in neigong in general could discuss it without it turning into a bloody war zone, like it does here on thetaobums.

I agree I would never be let into the school nor even into Master Chang's house, I am just a maggot not even worth him wasting his time to talk to, nor would I ever even attempt to bother him.

I honestly hope one day to be worthy of meeting master Chang but sadly he will probably be dead by the time I am cultivated to a high enough level to deserve even to shake his hand.

I revere masters like Chang and look up to them with the utmost respect. It has never been my intention to cause any problems for him, or you, or anyone else.

I redid this video because I felt it needed to be done, not to cause any problems for anyone.

My apologies and I am sincerely sorry I've upset you to such a degree.

:/

- Quote removed - We have been informed this person is not Sherfu Andreas.

Edited by Mal
  • Like 2

It is my belief Chang requested to be filmed again to inspire people to seek out neigong schools and keep the practice in general alive. In the video Dr. Blair plainly says that is the case. Even though his school is closed to westerners, I still admire him for inspiring us.

As I know it is also the wish to not have the videos around as it seems that it was the wish so.

So for a certain time the videos about John Chang in Youtube also

gone which is "seen" as respectful action so putting again the videos seem disrespecful and so becomes immoral. A Book Bestseller like John Chang is like a Hollywood Star,

popular and "hunted". How much the Hollywood Star wish to have their peace in their free time and for their family - they have: non, the fans love them, love see them

love the "contact". Peace = no contact.

And this will go on till the end. It is like the curse in a tale by a witch. Casted the Curse can never be reverse like happening of the 1000 years sleep. The wise fairy lady just add that the kiss of the prince will wake her up.

Q

• Like 1

How old is the videomaterial?

Q

2006-2007 I think, some of the older footage was from the 80's.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

Then it is really a bit strange.

2003 closed, 2006-2007 new video parts.

He wants his peace and wants to advertise Neikung?

Q

Most likely the school was closed after master Liao (Chang's teacher) visited him mentioned at the end of the original video. This was probably filmed in 2003 I guess and made it to television probably 2006. That's my best guess.

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this