Sign in to follow this  
bodyoflight

Relationships and Children will only curb your spiritual cultivation

A particular member has been spending so much time and energy posting in this forum about his frustrations with women and sex..

One wonders how much progress he can attain in his cultivation if he can channel the time and energy wasted on women and sex to spiritual practices or even other self-improvement practices..

Why do everybody thinks you need a family or a spouse in order to achieve enlightenment or even to lead a perfectly normal healthy life?

Truth is, relationships and families are meant to drag you down.. they will always hinder you on the path to true enlightenment..

you need money to survive.. no doubt about that .. but you do not need a family or a spouse to survive..

99% of the world's population today focus all their lives and energies on looking for a spouse to raise a family because they are trying to fill the hole in themselves with marriage and family..

this phenomenon exists in all cultures and all countries since the origins of mankind..

if one can only explore the emptiness or void inside them instead of trying to unsuccessfully fill the void, then one will have taken the next big step on the Path..

• Like 2

A particular member has been spending so much time and energy posting in this forum about his frustrations with women and sex..

One wonders how much progress he can attain in his cultivation if he can channel the time and energy wasted on women and sex to spiritual practices or even other self-improvement practices..

Why do everybody thinks you need a family or a spouse in order to achieve enlightenment or even to lead a perfectly normal healthy life?

Truth is, relationships and families are meant to drag you down.. they will always hinder you on the path to true enlightenment..

you need money to survive.. no doubt about that .. but you do not need a family or a spouse to survive..

99% of the world's population today focus all their lives and energies on looking for a spouse to raise a family because they are trying to fill the hole in themselves with marriage and family..

this phenomenon exists in all cultures and all countries since the origins of mankind..

if one can only explore the emptiness or void inside them instead of trying to unsuccessfully fill the void, then one will have taken the next big step on the Path..

The creator created the concept of relationships .. he created this system of man and woman so that every person in the world would be tempted to waste all his energy and time on finding the perfect one.. the twin soul or what's the term for it?

yes.. the "soul mate"

the media and the politicians created the charades of the soul mate because they want you to believe in the lie that one's soul can only be complete by finding one's "soul mate"..

almost every body in the world today is trying to fill the lack of love in themselves.. the void in themselves with love from other people..

the media would have you believe that one can only find the love missing in themselves with love from other people..

however, this is a cosmic lie of the highest order..

one can only "complete one's soul" by "REALIZING" the state of the universe within one self.. no other way..

even if a perfect man or woman appears right this second who will love you in every manner possible, one will always feel lonely and the lack of love in his or her own void unless one can delve deep into the sense of the loneliness...

one can only find true love by seeking the love from the Source deep within themselves...

this is why true enlightenment can only be cultivated in places or countries with low population densities..

one needs to face the demons in their own land in order to eradicate them completely..

one needs to go deep into the VOID in order to be .......

complete...

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 3

One wonders what cultivation means, what goal it is addressed to, what is being cultivated, and what enlightenment means.

The creator did not create any concepts - man creates concepts.

I will offer the following alternative perspective - you will learn as much or more about yourself through your relationships than you will in isolation.

Good luck in your search.

• Like 8

One wonders what cultivation means, what goal it is addressed to, what is being cultivated, and what enlightenment means.

I will offer the following alternative perspective - you will learn as much or more about yourself through your relationships than you will in isolation.

+1

I remember we use to have a 'Get a job, get a wife, make a child get a life' thread.

Ahh the gilded age of taobums...

The concepts of relationships are invented by higher beings standing below the Creator who oversee the progress of human beings on behalf of the Creator.

The lessons learnt from relationships will be hard ones.

It will be easier to look at how other people's relationships fail and draw lessons from their experiences.

One will always fail to grasp the full meaning of life's lessons unless one can analyze things from a third-person perspective and it is hard to remain in a third-person perspective if one is personally involved in a relationship.

So go the easy way.

Let other people suffer and learn from their own experiences.

While wisely spending your own limited time and energies on your own enlightenment.

Search? I have already searched on the outside long enough..

Time to go on the inwards search... the REAL inwards search..

• Like 1

+1

I remember we use to have a 'Get a job, get a wife, make a child get a life' thread.

Ahh the gilded age of taobums...

the higher beings will always want us mortals to Get a job, get a wife, make a child get a life..

some of them get offended if we don't stay in the loop..

yet some of them gets really pleasantly surprised when we jumped out of the loop..

• Like 1

bodyoflight,

life is not black/white, it is not either you do this or you do that.

It is true that children and relationships take up your time, time that you could do eg. Taoist practises but then who says that being with children and women is not a practise itself?

It is, from my experience.

Bringing up a child demands constant awareness of your own flaws, trying to minimize your "bad" influence on your child and trying to let go and let the Tao guide you.

My son, 2 years old, continually teaches me a lot about life.

Today, we looked at ants. Very illuminating :)

• Like 3

bodyoflight,

life is not black/white, it is not either you do this or you do that.

It is true that children and relationships take up your time, time that you could do eg. Taoist practises but then who says that being with children and women is not a practise itself?

It is, from my experience.

Bringing up a child demands constant awareness of your own flaws, trying to minimize your "bad" influence on your child and trying to let go and let the Tao guide you.

My son, 2 years old, continually teaches me a lot about life.

Today, we looked at ants. Very illuminating :)

I am sure you can achieve much more by spending more time on yourself than on your child.

These have been the experiences of many high masters i know.

Even those that are married.

There may be lessons learnt from parent-child interactions or husband-wife interactions but the time and energies spent on gaining such lessons do not bring about a corresponding amount of spiritual benefits.

If you want to interact with a child in order to learn the lessons from interacting with a child, go work at a day-care centre.

If you want to learn the lessons involved in spousal relationships, go work at a family counseling center..

I guarantee you...

You .. Will .. Learn .. Heaps...

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

It's and interesting notion, but like many other things, I do not think that there is any one hard and fast rule. Different people are going to require different things to grow.

There are plenty of toxic relationships out there. Many parents who use their kids to get back at their spouses. Plenty of parents who use their kids to relive their glory days, or push them to do something that the parents themselves weren't able to resolve in their own lives.

So in those situations, it'd probably be best to stay away.

But in other situations, some people have gone as far as they can on their own. Or they are stuck in their own self destructive cycles.

In those situations, someone from outside that cycle has to step in and change it up. Give you a perspective that you've never had before.

But I don't think that people are all always one thing or the other for their whole lives in every situation. You might be confident socially, but need time alone to work on your thoughts, but at the same time be really bad at exercise, and need someone else to help you out of your unnecessary habits that you couldn't break out of otherwise.

If you want to interact with a child in order to learn the lessons from interacting with a child, go work at a day-care centre.

Sorry dude, if you arent a parent you will not fully appreciate that one.

Edited by joeblast
  • Like 2

Hi bodyoflight, just realised I dont know what your practises actually are, forgive me for missing you sharing this, could you point me in the right direction... what is it you practise?

seriously, why do you care what I practice?

does it help you if I say I am blessed enough to discover the common links between different practices and I am discerning enough to choose the best of them?

there is a universal system behind every system of spiritual practice and if you don't discover this universal system, you will be on the medium track..

this is better than being on the slow track though where one is continuously obsessed with women and sexz..

• Like 1

I think when you're "on the path" of spirituality, yes, you shd start by yourself, perhaps until you acheive a level where you CAN include someone else.. otherwise you're not ready.

This translates to a lot of a lone time and that's what you see. But how can you tell me that like wtm says: it cannot be a practice?

Sure once you realize that love is within you that's fine. Then you attract a woman: naturally. So then what are you going to do reject her and stay a lone because YOU DONT BELIEVE it's possible and that you can't handle it, with the goals you're trying to achieve? Acheive?

Achieve what? Achieving?

But I don't think that people are all always one thing or the other for their whole lives in every situation. You might be confident socially, but need time alone to work on your thoughts, but at the same time be really bad at exercise, and need someone else to help you out of your unnecessary habits that you couldn't break out of otherwise.

a human who needs another human to break him out of his bad habits ...

is a weak human..

unless the other human can grant or teach special siddhis to interact with the higher dimensions of realities..

that is a completely different game of course..

• Like 1

seriously, why do you care what I practice?

The topic came up in another thread, and you dodged it there.

It's one thing to be a critic, to analyze how things "should" work on the drawing board, to see how things should work in theory.

An actual practitioner (keep in mind this can go for anything- sports, business, martial arts, cultivation, etc) knows that things aren't always how they should be. Plans don't always worked, and the best theory can, for no discernible reason, fail in application.

Knowing someone's practice helps to know where they are coming from, what certain aspects of their worldview are, and knowing what life experiences they may have had.

does it help you if I say I am blessed enough to discover the common links between different practices and I am discerning enough to choose the best of them?

there is a universal system behind every system of spiritual practice and if you don't discover this universal system, you will be on the medium track..

this is better than being on the slow track though where one is continuously obsessed with women and sexz..

I'm not sure what cat was asking for, but for me...... yeah, thanks for posting this.

• Like 1

I think when you're "on the path" of spirituality, yes, you shd start by yourself, perhaps until you acheive a level where you CAN include someone else.. otherwise you're not ready.

This translates to a lot of a lone time and that's what you see. But how can you tell me that like wtm says: it cannot be a practice?

Sure once you realize that love is within you that's fine. Then you attract a woman: naturally. So then what are you going to do reject her and stay a lone because YOU DONT BELIEVE it's possible and that you can't handle it, with the goals you're trying to achieve? Acheive?

Achieve what? Achieving?

So tell me.. what benefits does a woman brings to a spiritual practitioner?

I am sure the Lord Shakayumi Buddha would be every happy to learn from you.

He did abandon his wife and child to SUCCESSFULLY attain enlightenment after all in a period of just ... 8 years..

• Like 1

Hello Bodyofflight,

I'm not sure where you get your ideas from and I'm pretty sure many others are wondering the same thing, that's why they're asking what you practice. I would also make the comment that I think you started this thread to stir up people, rather than generate actual inquiry on the topic. The reason that I can't take anything you say seriously is because you don't show respect for others. You don't admit when you are wrong or concede you might be wrong. You tend to view your own opinions as the only valid opinions and you also tend to insult people, at least to the limit the forum will allow.

When your actions begin to reflect the spiritual maturity and knowledge you profess to have, then I think I can take you seriously, but until then all I see is someone who isn't willing to listen to others objectively because he is the only one that's right.

Aaron

edit- This isn't meant as an insult, but rather an observation of your behavior. Perhaps if you accept it as such, you can review your actions and decide for yourself whether it's something you need to address.

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 2

not so seriously, it isnt that I care.... I'm sorry, I havent reached that stage yet of caring about your practice... rather that you are communicating a lot about others shortcomings... and so it would seem... well, balanced, if you shared your practice that has led you to such a high level of understanding.

Is it secret?

it is not what I practice which is the key..

it is the understanding of the physics behind the different various spiritual paths which IS the key..

this understanding will allow you to choose the most efficient practices which might come from more than one path..

and if you want me to teach you, I will have to charge you for it..

not for the knowledge itself which is free but for my time and energy in elevating your awareness..

• Like 1

is a weak human..

As I mentioned in another thread, all humans are weak.

Most animals, even domesticated ones, can run much faster than the average human.

We have weak muscles.

We cannot fly.

We have no natural weapons.

We cannot naturally camouflage ourselves.

We cannot naturally create a home (I'm thinking of spiders who can make webs to accomplish any number of tasks).

We have brains and intellect, but for the most part we can't use them on our own- I have a really good IDEA for how to build a house, but lack the physical capability to build one on my own.

Human survival and our ability to thrive thus far (and our ability to screw ourselves over!) has hinged on our ability to help each other and work together.

A human that relies on others is not weak, but strong.

The concepts of relationships are invented by higher beings standing below the Creator who oversee the progress of human beings on behalf of the Creator.

Absurd !

Where do you get this from, the latest Hare Krishna meeting ? :lol:

Humans are social beings and interaction is a necessity.

Who are these 'higher beings' ?

Who is this creator that you speak of ?

Who created the creator ?

Sign in to follow this