christoff

reversing age

Hello,

I have hopefully a simple question. I am feeling aged from overworking and previous drinking, and the stress. When playing with my son lately, I noticed that I don't make games like I used to with him. I usually just watching and then making sure of his safety, etc.

So even though I am 30, I feel much older like 50. Is there a direct way like through chi kung I can reverse this? I still wanting to play and be silly with my son ;), and enjoy life like through a childhood. Or do I just need to accept that things change and grow up?

Hi Christoff.

I have had a great deal of success with reversing some premature aging.

It sounds to me like your time with your son may be a great opportunity. For me, play has been one of the best ways of getting to know my body, without having specific concepts or goals to stress about. Just enjoying the fun of the movement, and the moment. Kids have a ton of energy, so if you really let yourself get involved in playing with your son to the point of fatigue, it will probably be a great work-out. And what could be better at getting you fit for playing with your son, than playing with your son?

Have fun!

• Like 2

100% percentage sure you can reverse the process of aging by just praticing Taoist qigong /alchemy and limiting the times of your sex life. And ,the effectiveness of it is easy to prove, especially for those who are over 35 :

See how much white hair you can get rid of or how many wrinkles you can smoothen . Or, by seeing how easy now you can climb up hundreds of steps ...

Taoist qigong can only cheat you for a time of 3~4 weeks if it is not something effective although most other religions can trap you for a whole of your life..Why link them together? People may argue . But Taoism does. Physical thing and spiritual thing are just two faces of the same coin of Tao, they are interdependent , interactive and counteractive ; such standpoint , of course , is clearly different from the Buddhist ; It is an idea very important , nearly the most important idea in Taoist Alchemy, and we call it : Spiritual Nature- cum- Life dual cultivation (性命雙修).

Expecting come under the fire from some Buddhist followers , I would like to add: "Please don't attach to what you will have accomplished physically " for some sweeter thing is waiting for you afterward , and it is likely be something more spiritual .. :lol:

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

I have found that going inside and doing the inner work brings you to the inner child. The inner child seems to stick around forever. I'm 64 and feel about 12.

• Like 2

I highly recommend (to anyone): go out dancing! Have fun, learn how your body wants to move, where it holds tension, and how fatigue wants to unwind itself, all without contaminating the process with intention or boredom. Don't make yourself work out, when you can just play out!

And cultivate delicious stretches! The best thing for the body!

Edited by Otis
  • Like 3

"Moving stones around is one thing (or kids), but this is different."

No. No different. Only different in your mind.

"When 900 years you reach, look this good you will not."

"Lumonious beings we are, not this crude matter"

"Use the force. Yes. Feel it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-rH2PkjBFaU

So yes friend, it is possible, especially if you are a green alien. :lol:

I believe opening your SHO (小周天) restores great health, but opening your GHO (大周天) gives you actual youthful regeneration (white hair turning dark again and teeth growing back in) and longevity. This also correlates with forming the external medicine, the internal medicine and then the great medicine.

Keep in mind though that very few people ever actually open their SHO, much less GHO...

• Like 1

I felt the same way when I was 30, started doing tai ji and qigong, then added yoga to the mix. Now at 41 I look and feel much better than I did at 30.

Six years ago I also switched to being vegetarian, slowed way down on the alcohol, cut out soda, and reduced my caffeine intake (I only drink water, real fruit juice, and green tea).

I feel like 30 was a major shift as a man, you can either ride it or change it. The guys that I know who didn't make any change in their lifestyle when they hit 30 all look much older than me.

• Like 2

I highly recommend (to anyone): go out dancing! Have fun, learn how your body wants to move, where it holds tension, and how fatigue wants to unwind itself, all without contaminating the process with intention or boredom. Don't make yourself work out, when you can just play out!

And cultivate delicious stretches! The best thing for the body!

great advice. also there are herbs and such that help.

being playful. continuing to learn new things. avoiding serious injury.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qdgVUqFFk44

Hello,

I have hopefully a simple question. I am feeling aged from overworking and previous drinking, and the stress. When playing with my son lately, I noticed that I don't make games like I used to with him. I usually just watching and then making sure of his safety, etc.

So even though I am 30, I feel much older like 50. Is there a direct way like through chi kung I can reverse this? I still wanting to play and be silly with my son ;), and enjoy life like through a childhood. Or do I just need to accept that things change and grow up?

Hi Christoff. Have you been trying the daily practice of the wuji zhan zhuang meditation?

Very simple but in my experience goes to work right away at addressing imbalances and building up qi.

May take some time to start seeing results with deeper issues or long standing chronic problems, so

patience and keeping at the practice through ups and downs is a good idea in my experience.

If one is patient and persistent in their practice, results will start coming.

Maybe not a panacea, but for low energy and premature aging and imbalances and various chronic health

problems it can definitely help a lot, in my experience.

Daily practice is a good idea and preferably practice in the evening if free time is too limited for

practicing twice a day. Build up standing time slowly over time, not standing longer than one can

stand without starting to strain or tense up. In my experience, other practices like doing sitting

meditation or just doing some moving qigong practices may not be as effective for resolving

certain imbalances and building qi, and some of these practices may even increase certain problems.

For example, for certain problems sitting meditation may be too 'yin' and thus may increase the problem,

and various moving qigong practices may only focus on certain meridians or organs and not address the

whole system. Wuji standing meditation seems to be very balanced and works on the whole body and energy body,

going to work right away where we need it most. That is my experience anyway. I stopped wuji zhan zhuang

for a couple of months and did sitting meditation instead for that time period and found that it

wasn't as helpful as the wuji zhan zhuang practice, so I went back to doing daily wuji zhan zhuang as

my main practice and things feel more balanced and are improving again. A person in good health may be

able to do strictly sitting meditation right from the start without issues but in my experience anyway

wuji zhan zhuang is a very good main practice for those who may have imbalances or health issues or low energy. A very simple practice, but a very effective practice, and I suspect one can go far if one persists with even just this one practice as their main practice. This is all just my view based on my own personal

experience though.

Best wishes to you...

:)

I believe opening your SHO (小周天) restores great health, but opening your GHO (大周天) gives you actual youthful regeneration (white hair turning dark again and teeth growing back in) and longevity. This also correlates with forming the external medicine, the internal medicine and then the great medicine.

Keep in mind though that very few people ever actually open their SHO, much less GHO...

GHO meaning the great heavenly orbit, no?

The thing with teeth; got any proof of that? I am strugglig with some cavities, and boy are Norwegian dentists expensive.

Personally, my experience is that people who stop doing things that they do not want to do, and instead align their lives with what they love or find meaningful are much younger, and have better quality of life.

No matter how healthy you live, how much you sit, how strict your regimen is, if your life sucks, its pretty useless.

h

• Like 5

Wow, fantastic repies. Thank you everyone.

I have not tried zhan zuang standing meditation yet, but started to reading a qigong book recently by Kenneth Cohen. He says to keeping your eyes open during practice, is this best or should the eyes be closed?

Friend, Vortex I did not quite understanding your information but I will do the investigation ;)

Otis also I like your positivity too!

"I have found that going inside and doing the inner work brings you to the inner child. The inner child seems to stick around forever. I'm 64 and feel about 12.". So Manitou you are saying you still haven't grown up :P

I have not tried zhan zuang standing meditation yet, but started to reading a qigong book recently by Kenneth Cohen. He says to keeping your eyes open during practice, is this best or should the eyes be closed?

Zhan Zhuang in its modern form as a specific "practice in itself" traces to Wang Xiang Zhai 1885-1963. Of course static postures have in general been key to the power of internal martial arts, health arts and meditative arts/spiritual development for many millenia (so we are told).

You mention ZZ "meditation" - well meditation is itself a vast field and there are poles of cultivating wide open spacious allowing awareness and at the opposite end closed, very focused, very sharp single-pointed.

There are now very few 1st generation Masters still alive [ie those taught (for some time - not just met once or twice ;-)) by WXZ himself]. Given the formless nature of Yiquan/Da Cheng Chuan [the martial art based on Zhan Zhuang] even amongst the 1st generation there was much variation already.

There are many 2nd generation masters, 3rd generation teachers such as myself and I even know 5th generation teachers.

The point being [and I dont know who taught Ken Cohen - a very wise man and excellent teacher] is that there are now a huge range of "styles"/"approaches" to ZZ.

Of course one then asks "which one is best?" or "which one is right?". Well if you fancy that line then you can spend your life arguing with folks on TCMA fora - and end up non the wiser :lol:

Long story short there are many approaches/lineages - some more martial focused, some (like mine) more health focused, some more internal-meditative focused, some more external-open focused etc etc. It also depends greatly on the person.

So no right answer!

However in my experience given your symptoms/issues then I feel you will probably get by far the most benefit from eyes open [which is how WXZ taught - you cant fight with eyes closed :-D] and in nature. This leads to a greater interchange of energy with the environment [the eyes are an important conduit] and I think openness will help you release your bad stuff/tiredness and breathe in (thru all the senses) some of the good stuff. But ultimately only you know [and the usual caveat of the best thing is to find a good local teacher (of any reputable lineage) than to try and do something made up from various snippets around the net].

The most important is standing in a good way - easier said than done.

Good luck with your process.

TGV

However in my experience given your symptoms/issues then I feel you will probably get by far the most benefit from eyes open [which is how WXZ taught - you cant fight with eyes closed :-D] and in nature. This leads to a greater interchange of energy with the environment [the eyes are an important conduit] and I think openness will help you release your bad stuff/tiredness and breathe in (thru all the senses) some of the good stuff. But ultimately only you know [and the usual caveat of the best thing is to find a good local teacher (of any reputable lineage) than to try and do something made up from various snippets around the net].

Exactly! THank you TGV and Adept again for the thorough advice, I already feeling the benefit of ZZ

Different teachers say different things in regards to whether the eyes should be open or not,

or whether it even matters. Some teachers say to leave the eyes open just a bit, others say

it is fine to close your eyes. Some teachers advise keeping the eyes open just a little if a person

is inclined to day dreaming or getting too drowsy when practicing. I personally find that I can get into

a deeper relaxed state if I close my eyes. The key points are really just staying fully relaxed and breathing

slowly and deeply and completely relaxed and keep everything as natural as you can manage. Avoid straining.

The reason I mentioned it is better to practice in the evening if time is limited is because all the stresses and trials we go through during the day can stress us out and tense us up and generally throw our systems out of whack to some extent or other, and in regards to a problem you mentioned in the past, im my experience it is better to do some standing before going to sleep to help bring one's system back into balance before retiring for the evening.

Good luck in yur practice. :)