Sign in to follow this  
taoey

Awakening video

No offense intended, but I think that video is just plain awful. It makes broad, sweeping generalizations. It uses fear to motivate. The video essentially looks like a recruiting and fund raising tool for a cult.

I can see how the whole "global society" concept would loosely fit into the topics of this forum. But the whole presentation of the video just left me with a really negative vibe.

Wonderful video! Sorry that you feel that way EJR. I am for equality and freedom for all, not for one nation at the cost of anothers.

Edited by Dagon

No offense intended, but I think that video is just plain awful. It makes broad, sweeping generalizations. It uses fear to motivate. The video essentially looks like a recruiting and fund raising tool for a cult.

I can see how the whole "global society" concept would loosely fit into the topics of this forum. But the whole presentation of the video just left me with a really negative vibe.

They are not asking for your money, only your cooperation. ;)

They are not asking for your money, only your cooperation. ;)

The video didn't ask for money. But when you follow the video to the website and look around, you see:

"The Venus Project is asking for donations to develop a feature length major motion picture focused on life within a resource-based economy. It will depict living in clean, sustainable cities and will show how we get from here to there, while answering many of the typical questions people pose. It will be an awakening to many as it portrays, in detail, a global civilization which secures, protects, and encourages a much more humane world for all people. Please visit our Donations page if you are able to contribute anything toward making this happen. Also, if you know anyone in the movie industry who may identify with this direction, please introduce them to The Venus Project and get in touch with us."

Honestly, I don't know much about this group or their mission. It just leaves me with a bad initial impression. Sometimes the best action is no action. I will take a "wait and see" approach on this one.

Wow, interesting coincidence. I've heard of the Venus Project before...

If you do a google search, one of the top searches is "Venus Project Scam," and apparently the Zeitgeist guys were disparaging it as well.

I'm familiar of the name because I'm superficially familiar with the artist who's behind it, Jacque Fresco. He's a sort of "guest teacher" in a self-help course called Simpleology, made by marketing guru Mark Joyner (author of such tasteful titles like "Mind Control Marketing." He used his experience in military intelligence and strategy to develop his marketing skills.) Fresco definitely gives me the vibe of a utopian idealist.

Given the source I'd be skeptical about supporting the project, but I'm actually pretty interested in the Simpleology stuff (it was recommended to me by an MMA school). Their 101 course is free and so far seems to have a lot of straightforward and practical advice about goal setting and developing good habits.

Sign in to follow this