effilang

Real Music

I am not a fan of mainstream modern music, even though i am young.

I'd like everyone to post a song on here that speaks to their soul.

How do you know a song speaks to your soul? - It's one of those songs that makes you spontaneously close your eyes.

I have noticed that the eyes take up a lot of the sense energy. Whenever the body needs to use a sense other than sight more particularly, it naturally shuts off sight by closing the eyes. Whether it is to hear better, or feel better or even speak better.

When a song enters into your ear and recognizes with your soul, your eyes automatically shut.

This is what does it for me; harmonica blues. Please post a song that makes you close your eyes.

I don't know how to link a video. So here is a link to a song that I think you will enjoy.

EDIT: Thanks to a tip from below from steve f, I now know how to paste a video into a message. Thank you! If you don't wish to click on the link in this post, see my post below with the video inserted. This song and this presentation of it touch me deeply.

Edited by ejr1069

I don't know how to link a video. So here is a link to a song that I think you will enjoy.

Just click on the "Insert Media" link (the one with three overlapping squares) above the reply/edit window then paste in your address.

Beautiful version of Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring - thank you.

Edited by steve f

Hey Immortal, how about giving others a chance? I see you like rap, but I think he was looking for a particular song or two that makes you feel, not an entire playlist?

It takes me forever to load this thread and i have quite a bit of bandwidth :P

Edited by Dagon
  • Like 1

Hey Immortal, how about giving others a chance? I see you like rap, but I think he was looking for a particular song or two that makes you feel, not an entire playlist?

It takes me forever to load this thread and i have quite a bit of bandwidth :P

Yes, i think a video or two at the most per person would have been sufficient for the cause :P - It crashed my browser and all those posts killed the threads feng shui. BALANCE people, BALANCE!!

I tend to find the songs that really stimulate me at the roots to be those without texts. Although i've listened to rap the majority of my life and other things, rap will never touch me the way soul or blues can or even classical music. It's simply too... "heavy", and the texts do little to calm the spirit, they are too aggressive for this purpose. Violence and aggression are not the native personality of the spirit at ease.

Blues on the other hand or that soft Portuguese music. It seems to connect directly with me, it will make me sway and move almost as if being placed in a trance. Rap and Hip-Hop in general is too aggressive to do that. Even when the text is not aggressive, the instrumentals are, so for me at least, it will never work : )

Don't get offended Rap lovers. I probably have more rap music on my pc than most of you, but probably just as much of everything else : )

Edited by effilang

The most beautiful son i've ever heard. Always makes me get all teary.

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=nOMxdu9HLLk

Very lovely Water,

I put it in my favorites.

Based on that sound, you might enjoy this too. It is a traditional Bulgarian song. For some reason they always remind me of Japanese folk songs too, there are a lot of similarities in the way they use the voice.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a3suy4Wj9SA