Sign in to follow this  
DalTheJigsaw123

The 31 Places of Existence?

IMO it is a vertical model. There are infinite planes of existence since the Universe itself is so vast and contains so many worlds with their own astral planes.

IMO it is a vertical model. There are infinite planes of existence since the Universe itself is so vast and contains so many worlds with their own astral planes.

Indeed it is.

Pure Land Buddhism is a horizontal model where all the realms are side-stepped in one instant.

The goal is to be born into Amitabha's Pure Land where Buddhahood is achieved.

link

link

link

The Avatamsaka Sutra and related Huayan literature is also worth delving into.

Namo Amitabha Buddha

Indeed it is.

Pure Land Buddhism is a horizontal model where all the realms are side-stepped in one instant.

Interesting. I was discussing the same idea with a fellow Bagua practitioner about experiencing multiple realities which may come across ours. She experienced that and so did I, at various moments: driving a car (discussed something I experienced in the thread about "the spirit world"), while drinking Chinese green tea, during sitting or standing meditation.

Indeed rebirth in a favourable realm is more conducive to the final liberation process. In this world is extremely difficult bearing in mind the current level of toxicity of our planet.

In this world is extremely difficult bearing in mind the current level of toxicity of our planet.

Good point Gerard.

I don't know why more people don't see this. Our planet, environment, body, mind and spirit are subject to ever increasing amounts of garbage.

Namo Amitabha Buddha

Good point Gerard.

I don't know why more people don't see this. Our planet, environment, body, mind and spirit are subject to ever increasing amounts of garbage.

Namo Amitabha Buddha

You know the answer already, no need for me to write it in here.

Keep cultivating my friend, our spirits are our own true belongings. Nothing else matters.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this