wingzero

The real history of Tibet introduction... more to come

Wingzero, to speak to a bunch of cultivators as if they need external 'facts' about a person in order to ascertain their character is just misplaced.

Unwise you say, is it not wise to seek the truth or challenge the norm that people conceptualize to be the truth.

Unwise you say, is it not wise to seek the truth or challenge the norm that people conceptualize to be the truth.

It is wise, but wrong is wrong; foolish is foolish. Seems to me you're wrong, Big Time. No question about it in my mind. The Bums is relatively international, with a wide variety of members. We've had threads concerning the DL here in the past some (alright mostly) positive, some negative, but none as darkly irrational as yours with the Nazi comments.

You seem to have a remarkably black and white view of the world and make sweeping, often highly prejudiced generalities.

Edited by thelerner

It is wise, but wrong is wrong; foolish is foolish. Seems to me you're wrong, Big Time. No question about it in my mind. The Bums is relatively international, with a wide variety of members. We've had threads concerning the DL here in the past some (alright mostly) positive, some negative, but none as darkly irrational as yours with the Nazi comments.

You seem to have a remarkably black and white view of the world and make sweeping, often highly prejudiced generalities.

Well, if I have a black and white view of the world than why do researchers say the Dalai Lama is Friend with Nazi members and worked with them. Watch this video and stop being so judgmental because it has national geographic on it. China does have a lot of good historical materials regarding Tibet, but China didnt produce this documentary. The Germans did. The footage was first aired in Germany.

• Like 1

Hmmnnn, amazing a video from 1939, when the Dalai Lama was 4!? So..this shows the 4 year old Dalai Lama is a Nazi?? Not really. It shows amazing reaching on your part.

I think you're correct and the video shows that Tibet of that era was a pretty primitive place technologically and certainly not world wise. Its isolation has been one of charms and perpetuated its mystery. I assume if any other powerful, heck if any non powerful country with electricity entered it they probably would have gotten a similar greeting, particularly if they gave goodies in advance.

Its hard not to be judgmental when you're dealing with foolishness. I don't think the 4 year old mentioned in the film really understood the Nazi's aims or philosophies. I Know this; The Dalai Lama is no Nazi his views are diametrically opposed to Nazi's. The man has written a dozen or more books(edit actually around 72). He's stated his views thousands of times; he's not mystery man, in fact he's very clear spoken.

If you can't see that then you don't see things in black and white, you're blind.

Sorry for being blunt, I'm not a Buddhist or Tibetan, but the Dalai Lama has earned my respect as a first rate humanitarian, philosopher and teacher. He could be greatly embittered by the brutality he and his nation experienced at the hands of the Chinese but instead preaches and practices forgiveness and tolerance. He's not perfect but he's better then most and to call him a Nazi is patently ridiculous. Its stupid, moronic, illogical, deleted deleted..

Edited by thelerner

If that is what you think, then I'm sure you have been socially condition into thinking so, when the source is from Germany and America.

I'm a Taoist truth seeker who engages in conspiracy theories. I practice self-cultivation of the eight fold paths. Who in my opinion is a good spiritual leader, Alan Watts is my favorite spiritual leader. Spirituality begins from looking within.

I'm not socially conditioned into thinking anything about the DL. I make up my own mind by watching, studying and so on. But you are entitled to your view and me to mine. What would be interesting would be a proper balanced debate rather than all the propaganda. I think it will always be a problem for a spiritual leader to have political authority also. Politics is not so much about truth as about power (the end justifies the means) and compromise. I would say that the DL has done the best he can with the situation in which he found himself which was a very difficult one. But if you prefer to think that he is some kind of CIA/Nazi stooge then I suppose that is your opinion.

Alan Watts? Can you really compare them? Hmmm ... again up to you, it a free TTBs world.

• Like 1

I'm not socially conditioned into thinking anything about the DL. I make up my own mind by watching, studying and so on. But you are entitled to your view and me to mine. What would be interesting would be a proper balanced debate rather than all the propaganda. I think it will always be a problem for a spiritual leader to have political authority also. Politics is not so much about truth as about power (the end justifies the means) and compromise. I would say that the DL has done the best he can with the situation in which he found himself which was a very difficult one. But if you prefer to think that he is some kind of CIA/Nazi stooge then I suppose that is your opinion.

Alan Watts? Can you really compare them? Hmmm ... again up to you, it a free TTBs world.

I say that you believe whatever you want and I will believe whatever I want. Reality is a illusion.

Hmmnnn, amazing a video from 1939, when the Dalai Lama was 4!? So..this shows the 4 year old Dalai Lama is a Nazi?? Not really. It shows amazing reaching on your part.

I think you're correct and the video shows that Tibet of that era was a pretty primitive place technologically and certainly not world wise. Its isolation has been one of charms and perpetuated its mystery. I assume if any other powerful, heck if any non powerful country with electricity entered it they probably would have gotten a similar greeting, particularly if they gave goodies in advance.

Its hard not to be judgmental when you're dealing with foolishness. I don't think the 4 year old mentioned in the film really understood the Nazi's aims or philosophies. I Know this; The Dalai Lama is no Nazi his views are diametrically opposed to Nazi's. The man has written a dozen or more books. He's stated his views thousands of times; he's not mystery man, in fact he's very clear spoken.

If you can't see that then you don't see things in black and white, you're blind.

Sorry for being blunt, I'm not a Buddhist or Tibetan, but the Dalai Lama has earned my respect as a first rate humanitarian, philosopher and teacher. He could be greatly embittered by the brutality he and his nation experienced at the hands of the Chinese but instead preaches and practices forgiveness and tolerance. He's not perfect but he's better then most and to call him a Nazi is patently ridiculous. Its stupid, moronic, illogical, deleted deleted..

It is not stupid and and illogical, just in you view. Man I can see that this thread brings out a lot of emotions in you. You must be quite attached to the Dalai Lama. Before, I usually gave the Dalai Lama the benefit of the doubt, but now I just doubt his holiness.

Maybe, maybe not.

I say that you believe whatever you want and I will believe whatever I want. Reality is a illusion.

So it's all meaningless now is it?

So it's all meaningless now is it?

Depending on your illusion of reality, its completely up to you.

This poster, Wingzero, openly admits to being a conspiracy theorist. Added to this, he declares , "Reality is an illusion".

Then he admits to being a Taoist cultivator, and a practitioner of the Eightfold Path.

I was just wondering what sort of integrity would such a combination of traits promote?

To understand the nature of a tree, the easiest way is to examine the yield.

I am not for or against what you offer here, sir. I ought to be offended by some of the accusations you have laid on to HH, yet when i searched for the part of 'me' that is prone to offense/defense, it could not be found! Perhaps you are correct: Reality is indeed an illusion - Yet, you seem bent on making something you deem illusory to be concrete and beyond doubt, ie here referring to your views regarding HH. In attempting to mar another's integrity, it is often difficult that we come away without staining ourselves. Its a bit like spitting up at the heavens.

It is not stupid and and illogical, just in you view. Man I can see that this thread brings out a lot of emotions in you. You must be quite attached to the Dalai Lama. Before, I usually gave the Dalai Lama the benefit of the doubt, but now I just doubt his holiness.

Maybe, maybe not.

Sure I just had coffee with him :). Hmmn is doubting only his holiness a step up or a step down?? Nevermind.

Can you sum up in a few sentences what you believe are the Dalai Lama's beliefs and teachings, then sum up the Nazi creeds and beliefs. Take a moment to look at them. Are they similar? Please you've put some effort into this thread. Try to do it honestly. Write down DL's cores beliefs then Nazi's and compare. Please, I've taken the time to watch your 1939 video, spend a few moments on this.

Thank You

Michael