Sloppy Zhang

Energetics and Wisdom Teeth?

Hey all!

My dentist has been bugging me for a while about getting my wisdom teeth taken out. They say three of them could become a problem somewhere down the line because of their placement, but they're probably just going to take them all out when if they do it to preempt all of that.

I can't say that I'm really having problems necessarily. But removal down the line gets harder with age. And I've got a small mouth with big teeth. So basically if something bad does happen, it won't be pretty.

Anyway, I'm going in for a consultation, but I'm wondering it anyone can weigh in on the circulation of energy around the face/mouth with regards to wisdom teeth and/or their removal? Any knowledge or experience with this?

I had mine out, but it was long before I even know what energetic cultivation was. No tops, backs grew in at 90 angles to the rest of my teeth, so it was quite painful and they had to be removed. I can still clearly feel the pliers, if I choose to go there :huh:

I had never had mine removed, although it was highly recommended. I guess it would depend somewhat on your vanity though.

Take them out now or take them out later. There is just something inherently wrong removing something perfectly healthy in anticipation that something might happen down the road. It is not like getting your hair cut. They don't grow back. You are having healthy bone pulled out of your mouth. And depending on where they are in your mouth and the relative thickness of your palate the dentist might accidentally put a little hole into your palate that connects with your sinuses. I have that possibility. When I found that out I said no more. Having an opening made into your sinuses where there was none before is just asking for trouble. Now there is an artificial opening for an opportunistic infection. Might not get it but you may get it.

It is dentist choice. Most oral surgeons, who make their money doing root canals and removing teeth, will often recommend removal...that's their business.

I have known people who had some (not all) wisdom teeth removed in their 70s.

Dont do it. I speak from personal experience who waited 30 years to have two wisdom teeth removed. One had a bad cavity. I still regret getting them removed. I have lost some chewing surface on one side of my face. Implants are outrageously expensive in the US. Having my teeth pulled was a far more worse experience when I had some removed in preparation for having braces than it was when I was a mature adult.

Make them tell you why removing them in later years is a bad idea. Basically, that idea arose because of poor dental hygiene practice in the past and that older people have poor immune systems. If you plan on being a healthy old man say no and deal with it if the issue ever comes up.

One of the stupidest things I have done. I actually had a dentist say to me,"if we pull this wisdom tooth it will make it easier to get to and fill that cavity." I never went back to that dentist and he said he had a holistic practice.

Last year I went to a regular dentist who fixed that cavity without needing to have my tooth pulled to make the other tooth accessible to her. This dentist said not to have any teeth removed needlessly.

Why? Because having your teeth removed will soften the remaining bone and will eventually effect the shape of your jaw and your mouth. You know that look elderly people have, like their jaw has gotten smaller. She told me that's from having their teeth pulled.

I had never been told that before. Can you tell I am still pissed off that I had teeth that were needlessly removed?

But what I know about calcium and bone loss that makes sense.

sux...

ShaktiMama, thank you for your perspective and experiences. This is one of the first things that I thought about in this situation:

There is just something inherently wrong removing something perfectly healthy in anticipation that something might happen down the road.

I will continue to read and consider your words, but this sentence just popped out at me.

Hey all!

My dentist has been bugging me for a while about getting my wisdom teeth taken out. They say three of them could become a problem somewhere down the line because of their placement, but they're probably just going to take them all out when if they do it to preempt all of that.

I can't say that I'm really having problems necessarily. But removal down the line gets harder with age. And I've got a small mouth with big teeth. So basically if something bad does happen, it won't be pretty.

Anyway, I'm going in for a consultation, but I'm wondering it anyone can weigh in on the circulation of energy around the face/mouth with regards to wisdom teeth and/or their removal? Any knowledge or experience with this?

If they are not impacted leave them in.

I had mine out many years ago - they were impacted - growing sideways and pressing on the adjacent teeth.

Well, the real problem is that the Western diet often causes narrowing and underdevelopment of the jawbone and crowding of the teeth. This was documented by the dentist, Weston Price.

Whereas, natives eating traditional diets all had naturally circular arches and no tooth decay.

Fig.53.jpg

So, they had room for wisdom teeth to grow in naturally.

The problem we face now is that the damage has already been done to us at this point. We can't go back and fix our diets and widen our arches again. What's done has been done. So, there is not really a "perfect, natural" solution available now. So, we may be forced to use artificial means to fix problems induced by artificial lifestyles at this stage.

Sometimes, prevention is the only real cure. But, we must rely upon our parents & society for these crucial health measures that should have been taken in our childhood. And if they weren't health-conscious...then you'll get screwed. How many millions of kids got mercury amalgams too??? :glare:

Edited by vortex

Well, the real problem is that the Western diet often causes narrowing and underdevelopment of the jawbone and crowding of the teeth. This was documented by the dentist, Weston Price.

That's pretty interesting.

I took an anthropology class, and our professor asked us if we thought human ancestors had healthy teeth from not brushing. We were all thinking about the middle ages with people having no teeth, and said no. He was thinking MUCH further back, to the pre-agrarian societies, before all of the sugars and starches came in and started messing up the teeth, and said that even skeletons that were found recently show signs of amazingly healthy teeth.

I find both of these situations to be quite sad as well.

The problem we face now is that the damage has already been done to us at this point. We can't go back and fix our diets and widen our arches again. What's done has been done. So, there is not really a "perfect, natural" solution available now. So, we may be forced to use artificial means to fix problems induced by artificial lifestyles at this stage.

I never thought about it that way. But I think you do have a point.

It is dentist choice. Most oral surgeons, who make their money doing root canals and removing teeth, will often recommend removal...that's their business.

Remember what ShaktiMama just said! If you are still thinking about it, go to a couple more dentists, and be upright that it is just to get a second, third opinion.

I had an incident last year, where this new dentist wanted to go bonanza with my teeth. Something felt wrong and I went to two other dentists my friends recommended just to get some more opinions. They both told me my teeth were completely fine. The first one obviously wanted money.

I have all my wisdom teeth intact. Have no problems, and also have a dentist that thinks it is wrong to remove perfectly functioning teeth.

Mandrake

So I called the place to see if I can schedule a consultation. They were like "we don't do consultations, because then we'd have to do that, the surgery, and a followup in three separate days."

So instead you go in, they take some X-rays (in my case because my old ones were too old), and then do the procedure.

Which to me was just too much.... It was like they were determined to do the procedure regardless!

So instead I'm going back to my dentist, getting new X-rays, and then going from there.

But I'm hesitant because my dentist always recommends this surgeon, and this surgeon gets a lot of their business from the surrounding dentists :(

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

So I called the place to see if I can schedule a consultation. They were like "we don't do consultations, because then we'd have to do that, the surgery, and a followup in three separate days."

So instead you go in, they take some X-rays (in my case because my old ones were too old), and then do the procedure.

Which to me was just too much.... It was like they were determined to do the procedure regardless!

So instead I'm going back to my dentist, getting new X-rays, and then going from there.

But I'm hesitant because my dentist always recommends this surgeon, and this surgeon gets a lot of their business from the surrounding dentists :(

You are not stuck in your district, or even your country. Plenty of dentists do consultations and offer second opinions. If it is important for you, you will definitely find a way.

Best of luck!

Mandrake