Non

Bigu diet and The Three Worms

What is a Bigu diet specifically, and is there a connection with "The Three Worms" in Daoist concepts?

http://www.ancientway.com/Pages/ThreeWorms.html

About the Three Worms: This leads us back to the Three Worms. Parasites, which can include fungal, protozoan, and bacterial infections, all have different ways of affecting their host organisms. In some sense, the less powerful parasites are the most insidious in their effects. Visible worms, which can lead to painful cramping and passing of worms in the stools, are more easily diagnosed and eliminated than a fungal invasion, such as Candida albicans, a yeast who is currently a popular parasitic pet in the west. Candida can lead to a variety of chronic symptoms, hard to pin down and recalcitrant to treat. Depression, lethargy, digestive discomfort, chronic fatigue, poor memory, and all sorts of gooey discharges are all related to Candidiasis. And what does Candida feed on? Mostly grains and sugars!

So the Daoists said there was a worm in each Dan Tien (Elixir Field--the three main energy centers). The one in the lower abdomen causes lust in addition to intestinal distress. The one in the heart center causes anxiety as well as heart and lung diseases. The one in the forehead (Third Eye) center caused psychic distress and attachment to worldly things. They feed off of grains, and endeavor to kill the body for their feast.

To have any hope of living a long time, the Daoists counselled, one must abstain from grains while killing the Three Worms with herbs, exercises, and a diet of vegetables and mushrooms.

• Like 3

Does Bigu let you have fruit?

I'm on a no fruit, no sugar diet, eating only low starch veggies and greens with nuts/seeds. Mine is a raw vegan diet, the nuts are soaked, there are sprouts, and the veggies are washed thoroughly. I think this is a really good way to approach a cleanse of worms. This is actually what Gabriel Cousens recommends and his book Rainbow Greens Live-Food Cuisine is ALL about getting rid of toxic parasites, fungal organisms and protozoans in the body using the diet. As well as being low glycemic and in the case of being raw it's about the lowest glycemic you can get, plus the added benefit of proteins not being denatured as well as the enzymes, and the fats are also not heated such that they become transfats. I noticed that when I cook the fats they give me pimples, and make me fat...

There is also a ketogenic way which I've been experimenting which consists of mostly greens (the lowest carb greens are the dark greens) low carb veggies and nuts/seeds which are low carb. I like the pumpkin seeds and sunflower. With some algae and maybe grass juice/powders for added protein. Just a note, on this one there is a looot of fat since that is your main source of fuel, but just under 20gs of carbs. Just enough though to feed you in whatever you need to stay on ketosis. It's what I want to do to lose weight fast.

I've felt great ever since starting it. AS per the Rainbow Diet though there are 3 phases and the first one include only low glycemic fruits in very low amounts and only mixed in salads or as mild condiment in green juices. LAter on in the next 2 phases you progressively add in fruit. Personally I want to stay as low in fruits as possible and high in protein as possible. As Gabriel Cousens says that protein when cooked about 50% of it is destroyed. Which means there might actually be more protein in the raw vegan diet than you think. Besides, when mixed with the lower carb, enzymes, low glycemic effect of the raw veggie diet, balanced omega 3s to 6, it helps normalize the blood glucose and gives an effect similar to the Zone diet.

Fruit is different than starches in that: Fruit contains fructose as opposed to glucose and gets absorbed by the cells instantaneously, without needed insulin. Nor does it need to be broken down. Starch, or glucose in any food causes alot of insulin to break down and absorb the carbohydrate to use as fuel. This can lead to straining the adrenals (kidenys in TCM) and over consumption also can trigger blood sugar problems, especially in the breakdown of the glucose and etc with regards its glycemic index. Causing blood sugar spikes, and also straining the insulin response, and then the production of harmful prostaglandins. Also, when there is an excess of glucose in the gut not all of it can be broken down. Whatever cannot broken down by insulin it invites fermentation in the gut to break it down using the three worms (yeast/parasites/fungus/protozoan etc) so therefore.. :o. Starches contain alot of glucose molecules bonded together.. fruit does not contain as much start. Fructose is in fruit which is a simple sugar, along with some sucrose and small amounts of starch, so it's not as bad.

That's the diff between fruits and grains. Not saying grains can't be eaten but there are precautions, and always be careful with the glycemic index of the food, any food.

So ehm.. in any case, to get rid of the worms one doesn't even need a raw vegan food diet I just think it's a really good way. You can probably just eat cooked low-starch veggies and avoid grains/fruit and sugars (simple) for a while, and take probiotics or eat lots of fermented foods.

Edited by Non

aaahh! Just what i was looking for Non!

I was reading about it now and wondering where i can find more detailed information, then on the right of my screen google notify pops up and says Non posted about the three worms, n i was like YIEAAAH!!! ph34r.gif

laugh.gif

BTW I believe the proper way to do the Three Worms cleanse is without fruits. ANY sugar not involved. In the website MEditationexpert.com there is a book about the cleanse using colloidal silver. The technique I explained above though is the dietary way, and might take longer. BUt if you add in some supplements it would make it a ton faster probably.

Also if you don't sprout your seeds, any seed: legume, nut, seed, grain- it will contribute to digestive problems. Besides if you're trying to stay away from grains you dont have them. Perhaps a little beansprouts though are ok.. and the longer the sprout the better. but I would try to stay away. Sprouts are low carb. Grain sprouts are ok when they become grasses or greens. Nuts/seeds must be soaked for about a 8-24 hrs depending on which nut/seed. Besides sprouting ups the nutritional content, as well as making it easier to diegest, activating enzymes and deactivating enzyme inhibitors and taking away bitterness.

MOre:

http://www.suite101.com/lesson.cfm/19308/2927/3

Taoists see other things within their bodies as well. Each person is made up of their qi (chi) or breath/vital energy, qing or concentrated essence (often represented by semen) and shen or spirit. They see within themselves three cinnabar fields - cinnabar a mercury laden ore often used in magical and alchemical practices - in their head, heart, and above the navel. They also see within their bodies three worms that leave their bodies every year to report to heaven on the person's activities - each improper action that is reported shortens their lives and defeats their quest for longevity.

These worms, however, can be conquered. Overcoming them allows one to live for extended periods of time. One must first avoid grains and cereals - these foods especially nourish the worms, who the sage would prefer were made weak. The sage must contemplate the Tao and visualize planets and deities in order to diminish the power of the worms. It also helps for one to live in accordance with the Tao - at least the worms will have little to report before they are vanquished.

Edited by Non

Healing Tao USA had a cool article on 'Going Bigu'. Michael Winn also writes about experiencing Bigu when he'd stay in Taoist caves for a few days. No food or water, urine was allowed.

To me the 'top guys' eat naturally, often going in and out of bigu. Just by listening to there bodies. Sometimes going days without eating just because they don't feel like it.

Non - Have you looked up "Dr Robert Cassar" I think you may enjoy listening to his ideas on parasites. Parasites are tricky. When it comes to herbs you could always try the classic "Black walnut husk, wormwood and cloves" as outlined in Hulda Clark's book "The cure for all diseases". The essene gospel of peace talks about using fasting as a tool for ridding oneself of parasites.

I think oxygen plays an important role. ANgela Stokes recently claimed to have cured her Candida (or some form of sugar intolerance) by using something called "Adya Clarity", a product known to add minerals and oxygen to water (amoungst other things). Most yeast, fungi and certain bacteria thrive in an anaerobic environment. What I never knew is that the body has 2 main ways of creating ATP. One is the regular way where Pyruvate enters the mitochondria to be oxidized by the Krebs cycle, which requires oxygen. However when there is not enough oxygen available then the Pyruvate undergoes a process of fermentation. The pyruvate, instead of being transported to the mitochondria, remains in the cytoplasm where it is converted to waste products. Sounds like an ideal environment for yeast, mold, fungus and parasites to live.

Also Otto Warburg, Nobel Prize Winner for his research on cancer stated, "Cancer, above all other diseases, has countless secondary causes. But, even for cancer, there is only one prime cause. Summarized in a few words, the prime cause of cancer is the replacement of the respiration of oxygen in normal body cells by a fermentation of sugar."

I'm going to be experiementing with the use of 35% food grade hydrogen peroxide in increasing oxygenation, along with a numb of other experiements in the coming weeks.

I believe the "perfect" diet of man is that of air/breath/chi or whatever, Bigu I suppose would sum it up as well. However I believe there are many obstacles for the common man that prevent him from reaching this state.

1.) I believe we are not getting enough oxygen which can cause us to be infested with yeast, mold, fungus, bacteria and parasites that are non-harmonious. For example tapeworms from flesh. It is my belief that the one of the reasons so many vegetarians fail is because they have a tapeworm that causes them to crave flesh and if they don't eat it, it drinks their blood which in turn gives them anemia or just generally makes them weak, which likely caused the whole "skinny vegetarian/vegan" stereotype. Listen to some talks by

it's thought provoking.

2.)I believe the "mineralization" concept. Alot of the more interesting healing modalities focus on minerals as creating "conductivity" increasing cellular communication and "chi" and that heavy metals can obstruct the flow of chi and even cause glands to calcify (pinneal gland). I believe we are lacking in minerals and trace elements. Since most of our crops are grown with on NPK and not sea salt or Himalayan salt, I believe that the foods we are eating are devoid of certain trace elements.

3.) We're enzymatically deficient. If all of our enzymes are being converted to digestive enzymes to break down food (and sometimes we can't even do that) then our "higher metabolc functions" will never be realized. Also I believe that enzymes can be stored in the cells and further that enzymes can get into the bloodstream. In fact I found it interesting the similarities between "Original Chi" (or the chi that we have a limited amount of, 4get what it's called) and Dr Howell's theory on enzymes. Both state that we have a certain amount from birth and that when we run out we die. Enzymes and (O chi?) both cause life.

4.) We don't have a healthy supply of beneficial bacteria. I've been doing alot of snooping around trying to research bacteria. We know they can synthesize B12. According to what I've found they can also create protein and some other vitamins. I wonder if bacteria can synthesize more. Perhaps breatharians have bacteria that can create all the vitamins and amonos we need. In studies done on fasting they've found that we can recycle minerals and certain aminos.

These are some of my thoughts. I'm going to be experimenting soon with alot of these ideas, but I thought I'd share some. Also there is the concept of "Astal parasites" which feed thoughts into your head that mascarade as your own. Apparently raising you vibration and empowering your aura helps protect and eliminate these things. Perhaps why meat is associated with anger and negative emotions in Yogi and Essene traditions.

But yeah I wonder is sugar is really the culprit or if lack of oxygen is the culprit. Ether way greens are definately where it's at. Fruits nowadays just aren't...good enough, lol. I'm working on living mostly off green juices, herbs and algae. Glad to hear raw veganism is working out for you XD

-Astral

EDIT: Another interesti note is if you look into most of the breatharians that haven't been proven as complete frauds (Jasmuheen, Wiley Brooks), You'll notice they all practice energy arts with the exception of Jericho Sunfire (AKA Richard Blackman) who is involved in intense fitness. These people all use practices which increase the oxygen, focusing on breathe. This could very well be a key to achieving "bigu". Whereas most of us eat food to gain energy perhaps we can learn to breath to get energy instead. I remember when I was 17 I went fruitarian for a couple weeks and I jogged 5-10 miles every day (from a sedentary lifestyle) and practiced sungazing. I only ate 2-3 pieces of fruit a day and only for hydration. I eventually gave it up out of fear, but always wondered what would have happened if I kept going. But like I said exercise or something that increases the utilization of oxygen could be a major key in attaining such a state.

Edited by Astral_Anima

Well of course... oxygenation is akey factor.

Jana Dixon of BoK tells me the best way to get rid of parasites is deep breathing, exercise and Sun bathing, specifically of the areas that don't get enough like the genitals.

So basically anything that increases oxygen. There's also Miracle Mineral Supplement which is known to oxidize microorganisms.

A book I read said that the word for "grains" was the word for "food" suggesting that the writings meant abstaining from food in general.

Some things like cinnabar were ingested though to curb hunger or something. I think cinnabar is poisonous but in low quantities it just inflames the digestive tract or something so you don't feel hungry.

Ah right, it was "Asceticism In Early Taoist Religion" by Stephen Eskildsen. I was most enchanted by it.

There is a book on alchemy - I'm thinking - it is on - anyway it mentions how the Tibetans used mercury for alchemy but only in a bound form with calcium hydroxide. I'm not advocating this - just that it somehow bound the mercury to make it not dangerous.

But anyway yeah bigu for real means no food - the SFQ qigong master went a couple months with just a few apples - but there have been academic studies and a conference studying bigu. This lady in Beijing was studied for a couple months during which she lost now nutrition nor weight despite not eating - doing qigong of course.

Yogananda's book Autobiography of a Yogi details a lady going years without eating and her secret was to take in light shen energy into the back base of the skull.

This is called "converting jing to shen" as bigu training by Master Nan, Huai-chin of http://meditationexpert.com Bill Bodri's site.

Obviously it's dangerous - but essentially once the lower tan tien is filled with psychic "yin chi" energy - detailed in the book "Taoist Yoga; Alchemy and Immortality" then it's kind of like throwing off the rocket boosters - the lower tan tien gets real hot and you go into tummo - and then you can do long term cave meditation.

The body fills with "yang qi" or "yin shen" energy as electromagnetic light energy so it is like reverse electrolysis - the chi converts hydrogen and oxygen into water in your skull and it flows down to your stomach - this is called the "ambrosia"

So also the energy points pulsate electromagnetically - including the top of the skull which opens up again like a babies.

So then this is based on proton conductance of the water is a liquid crystal. Since it is proton from sonofusion - ultrasound creating "acoustic cavitation" - this enables alchemical creation of new molelcules for any proteins or nutrition you need.

So quantum biology does explain the phenomenon a bit - but of course it is speculative science and fringe, like Kervan's biological transmutation science.

Obviously if you're doing the actual practice then you're in a right brain dominant visualization mode and you would not want to be doing all this left brain analysis. haha.

When Milarepa went out of samadhi during his cave meditation then he lived off stinging nettles which are excellent nutrition - green calcium and protein, etc.

But magnesium in cholorphyll is also a "photoreceptor" meaning as a pigment, like melanin, it converts photons (shen spirit energy) into electrons (chi energy).

So if the third eye is open then when you go into bigu you take in the shen light energy and it converts into chi energy internally.

To maintain this requires constant meditation - otherwise it's dangerous.

I went five days recently with no food while I did intensive physical warehouse work for four of the days.

I was not in a real bigu state - so then the people around me pulled me energy down to a lower frequency and so the bigu became too dangerous for me - they were sucking up my shen energy and I was sucking in their lower emotional extra energy.

So I would have had to convert their lower energy into a higher frequency - but this is a losing battle since it takes a lot of lower energy to make a little higher energy.

It's much more effective to be pulling down the higher energy but you can't do that properly until a foundation has been established based on purifying the lower energy and building it up after it's been stored until the third eye opens up enough.

So a real bigu state would require a fully opened third eye.

I did 8 days on half a glass of water when I did my original qigong training - I had achieved bigu with the water being created and no hunger experienced and the chi energy kept increasing as I continued to purify my energy - but I needed to be personally supervised by an energy master to stabilize the results.

If you study the book "Taoist Yoga; Alchemy adn Immortality" it will describe this problem as the "laying of the foundation" by achieving the first experience of "serenity" so you can go a week without food, while not losing energy. But then when the Tai Chi enlightenment experience happens it causes a deep confusion. So that is what happened to me - but normally the energy master would then help out the student to continue guiding the practice. You just have to really study that book for the details of the practice. The confusion is caused by the spirit leaving the body too early as astral travel before the foundation of chi in the lower tan tien is strong enough. For the real astral travel then you need "immortal breathing" which is the real bigu state when the shen light energy circulates down into the body at the same time the "yang qi" strong electromagnetic energy goes up.

At that stage the shen light guides the small universe circulation - again it goes down to the heels while the chi goes up to the third eye and then they rotate like that - in a deep state of emptiness which the Emptiness creating the light that guides the practice of the astral travel.

I just wonder...why would anyone want to not eat food? Food is beautiful..

I'm enjoying meat less than I used to, these days. More fruit, veg, peanut butter, brown bread. But having done a no-carb diet for 3 months last year, though it was good for me at the time, I don't see any real benefit to strict dietary regulation long-term (cutting out carbs, or fats, or whatever). Like thelerner said, listening to your body is the way.

Recently, I've been eating a pack of chocolate biscuits every night before bed...feel great..

the bliss of spiritual reality is way beyond the pleasure from material senses. haha. I remember being in that state but as soon as I left my room it was all downhill. To break my fast I had some vegan tofu green soup. The sea salt in it tasted like poison.