Apech

Sai Baba is dead

He can molest no longer, good riddance.

A lot of these people who take on the 'guru' status turn out to have some kind of sex scandal in their lives. I'm not sure why that is. Many of them teach celibacy or some kind of strict moral code as well. To be honest - although I started this thread when I saw the news item - I don't know a lot about Sai Baba - though I've met people who regarded him as god (more or less).

I wonder if there is something about being a guru in this way which distorts the person. Cultivation and meditation is generally a lonely practice and I wonder what it is like if you become surrounded by thousands (or millions) of worshipers all focusing their minds on you.

I say this not to excuse any of the molestation but rather to explain why it might occur ... and because I find the guru thing highly unattractive ... I think that people look to teachers in this way as an excuse for not working on themselves and for not picking up their own burdon (so to speak).

• Like 1

My hunch is that at a high level of development ones needs a consort if one has that active reaching out impulse within one's being. Otherwise the free flowing of ones sexuality may well be considerd unboundaried by others who needs must have a boundaried sexuality.

I dont think everyone has the active reaching out kind of sexuality.

I dont want to think of guru 'molestation' as actually 'merely' that, I would prefer to think of it as something we are not understanding.

Having said that.. sexuality isnt just a wild horse, it's a herd of wildebeest, so....:blush:

• Like 1

My hunch is that at a high level of development ones needs a consort if one has that active reaching out impulse within one's being. Otherwise the free flowing of ones sexuality may well be considerd unboundaried by others who needs must have a boundaried sexuality.

I dont think everyone has the active reaching out kind of sexuality.

I dont want to think of guru 'molestation' as actually 'merely' that, I would prefer to think of it as something we are not understanding.

Having said that.. sexuality isnt just a wild horse, it's a herd of wildebeest, so....:blush:

Needing a consort ... yes I can go with that ... but apparently Mr. Baba liked to massage people's genitals with oil ... even that might be ok if there was some kind of context for it ... but yes maybe its something we don't understand.

• Like 1

Needing a consort ... yes I can go with that ... but apparently Mr. Baba liked to massage people's genitals with oil ... even that might be ok if there was some kind of context for it ... but yes maybe its something we don't understand.

well, you know the saying."If its too hard, I cant understand it."...

well, you know the saying."If its too hard, I cant understand it."...

I read that in the Evening Standard.