Non

I dont get "morning wood"

then i guess all monks are completely insane and neurotic..

those true seekers and practitioners do not repress, they simply focus, direct, and sublimate

• Like 4

Meh... I've never had sex, nor even learned Mantak Chia's material. Although his taoist practices might be high level but from what I've read his sex practices might be unbalanced in that it focuses alot on too much "hot sex". There is also the neotantric/karezza type which is "cool-er" I guess, ie from reuniting.org. Not to say that hot sex doesn't have it's place, if it even does but it's just not the same as karezza, regardles if it ends without ejaculation.

For me it's better for cultivation at least the cooler type.

I'm not looknig to repress. I'm looking to sublimate. Just becase I have encountered resistance doesn't mean I'm repressing, I'm merely persevering. I do want to seek peace, and not repress.

As for Bodyoflight, maybe You are an ET? lol. Just a thought.

and.. I dont know what to make of this thread how it has become..

Edited by Non

Maybe I can get an erection between the hrs of 11-1am, when Charles Luk in Taoist Yoga suggests is the REAL time to cultivate, and not when you stimulate your penis with sexual thoughts and play with that burning sexual energy, nor when you get up in the morning because you havea full bladder, or are still having post-orgasmic automatic urges.

If anyone knows what I'm talking about please verify and correct me if I'm wrong.

I haven't even read Taoist Yoga yet so I don't know. I'm just doing my own practices and hoping it'll be enough to sublimate. Maybe I should.. one of these days when I have TIME>!!!

Meditate more.

Edited by Non

Meh... I've never had sex, nor even learned Mantak Chia's material. Although his taoist practices might be high level but from what I've read his sex practices might be unbalanced in that it focuses alot on too much "hot sex". There is also the neotantric/karezza type which is "cool-er" I guess, ie from reuniting.org. Not to say that hot sex doesn't have it's place, if it even does but it's just not the same as karezza, regardles if it ends without ejaculation.

For me it's better for cultivation at least the cooler type.

I'm not looknig to repress. I'm looking to sublimate. Just becase I have encountered resistance doesn't mean I'm repressing, I'm merely persevering. I do want to seek peace, and not repress.

As for Bodyoflight, maybe You are an ET? lol. Just a thought.

and.. I dont know what to make of this thread how it has become..

seeking peace.. a wide cry from your words of sorrow a few months ago ..

you know, there is a reason why ralis and sloppy keep ranting out against non-ejaculation...

this is because ralis and sloppy lack the spiritual willpower to follow the higher path..

and that makes both sloppy and ralis lower than you..

only un-evolved humans like ralis and sloppy lack the spiritual willpower to control their impulses so that their life-energies can be used to evolve themselves ..

there are many masters who have stayed celibate and used their life-energies to transform themselves throughout the ages.. look at the dzogchen monks and how many of them have used their life-energies to transform their bodies into light and leave this earth.. and one can only conserve life-energies by conserving one's semen..

this is why the un-evolved humans will come up with all sorts of pathetic excuses and rationalizations to tell themselves that it is okay to fail to walk the higher paths of life..

they are trying to soothe their pathetic animal egos .. they are trying to lie to themselves that they are not lower than the masters who possess the spiritual willpower to walk the path of celibacy..

but an un-evolved human who cannot control his impulses is always lower down the food-chain than an evolved human who has trained himself to be in control of impulses.. no amount of rationalizations or excuses are gonna change this fact...

because to be able to control your impulses is the beginning of samadhi..

• Like 1

this is because ralis and sloppy lack the spiritual willpower to follow the higher path..

In my experience, the phrase that I first heard in "Zen Mind: beginners Mind" is applicable and highly effective: the best way to control your heard of cattle is to let them roam freely.

If you try to pin them in and control them tightly, there will only be problems.

If you treat your body like the enemy, you will always be fighting. When you learn to be friends, you'll find that many of you discipline problems disappear- so you'll go long periods of time in, say, celibacy, but it will be effortless and natural, without the mental shearing created by a forceful abstinence, and without your body always trying to sabotage you.

And that to me just sounds better.

Remember, Non, let it happen naturally, and it'll happen the easiest. When you get rid of your fear of ejaculation, at the same time it will lose its power and hold over you.

If you hesitate, the dragon will bite you. If you jump down its throat, you won't get bit- the most dangerous sounding place is the safest.

and that makes both sloppy and ralis lower than you..

only un-evolved humans like ralis and sloppy lack the spiritual willpower to control their impulses so that their life-energies can be used to evolve themselves ..

there are many masters who have stayed celibate and used their life-energies to transform themselves throughout the ages.. look at the dzogchen monks and how many of them have used their life-energies to transform their bodies into light and leave this earth.. and one can only conserve life-energies by conserving one's semen..

this is why the un-evolved humans will come up with all sorts of pathetic excuses and rationalizations to tell themselves that it is okay to fail to walk the higher paths of life..

they are trying to soothe their pathetic animal egos .. they are trying to lie to themselves that they are not lower than the masters who possess the spiritual willpower to walk the path of celibacy..

but an un-evolved human who cannot control his impulses is always lower down the food-chain than an evolved human who has trained himself to be in control of impulses.. no amount of rationalizations or excuses are gonna change this fact...

because to be able to control your impulses is the beginning of samadhi..

This entire posts reeks of attempting to self justify, and Non, I strongly advice AGAINST rationalizing out your behavior like this.

If your goal is truly peace, you should be doing it because it makes sense to YOU and makes YOU feel better, not because it will make you "better than" other people- that state is fleeting, and ultimately will do you no good.

• Like 1

I guess it might also be necessary to state that I don't sleep normally. I have a polyphasic sleep schedule in which I'm never up at the hrs of 11-1am (usually anyways) and the hours of 3-5 I'm usually up. But... this morning I did feel a stirring around 4-6-ish in which I felt like I would have an erection if I had not been so focused on something else... or sleeping, or with a full bladder and sleeping AND int he dream state (heheh).

So yea.. maybe it's not so bad after all , ie like an erectile dysfunction and low testosterone.

In fact I regularly feel my organ stir I just choose to not sort of manifest fully into a Full erection, and try to channel it upwards but I usually don't know how.

Anyone know how? Joeblast said thru dan-tian but through which channel is that? du, or ren? or "central" channel? I also felt as if concaving my lower back might help target it going up the du channel.

Edited by Non

I guess it might also be necessary to state that I don't sleep normally. I have a polyphasic sleep schedule in which I'm never up at the hrs of 11-1am (usually anyways) and the hours of 3-5 I'm usually up. But... this morning I did feel a stirring around 4-6-ish in which I felt like I would have an erection if I had not been so focused on something else... or sleeping, or with a full bladder and sleeping AND int he dream state (heheh).

So yea.. maybe it's not so bad after all , ie like an erectile dysfunction and low testosterone.

In fact I regularly feel my organ stir I just choose to not sort of manifest fully into a Full erection, and try to channel it upwards but I usually don't know how.

Anyone know how? Joeblast said thru dan-tian but through which channel is that? du, or ren? or "central" channel? I also felt as if concaving my lower back might help target it going up the du channel.

I like to stand up and take a big stretch, arms raised above my head, to get the blood flowing everywhere, sometimes prodding with my conscious, sometimes not.

Sometimes this just makes the erection go all out.

Keep in mind that an erection is blood in the penis- there is nothing inherently sexual in that, and it's good to let things circulate around.

So don't go on a campaign against all erections! Try to separate erections and sex in your mind ;)

I like to stand up and take a big stretch, arms raised above my head, to get the blood flowing everywhere, sometimes prodding with my conscious, sometimes not.

Sometimes this just makes the erection go all out.

Keep in mind that an erection is blood in the penis- there is nothing inherently sexual in that, and it's good to let things circulate around.

So don't go on a campaign against all erections! Try to separate erections and sex in your mind ;)

WEll the reason I guess it doens't manifest into a full erection is probbaly due to the fact that I don't want to think about sex too often. If I do, I try to make it as "karezza/neotantric" as possible or just.. well... a female I like, and it's just touching or eye contact and smiling (imagination of course) and channeling "love energy", getting the energy to rise rather than stay stagnant in the penis.

Because usually what happens after I fantasize about sex is after it goes down I start leaking precum or something. That's when I know I've lost something. Maybe that is the 'toxic' part of the semen that is coming out? THe part that has accumulated which may also be an 'excess' that sometimes it's ok, or if not better that it comes out and especially during a wet dream?

Usually though I'm so.. retentive (I guess) in trying to channel it that I think subconsciously it does this automatically when I have a wet dream and it doesn't even cause an ejaculation in the real world, regardless if I may have one in the dream world. BUt those have started to die down since I stopped entertaining sex fantasies. NOw I just feel my organ stir, and try to channel it upwards.

I'm also thinking that all the practices and exercises I do will automatically sublimate as well.

Someone mentioned that it may hae something to do with retention of urine? I may want to see a TCM doc about that. I've had that ever since I was young but am not sure if I was masturbating at the time. Like in middle school.

I mean its not severe..but still an issue. Happens mostly in public places. Ppl tell me it's just insecurity.. but if it happens when Im alone its not just insecurity. Altho it may just be a habit of holding in..

Edited by Non

Someone mentioned that it may hae something to do with retention of urine?

They mentioned that an erect penis apparently helps store urine while you sleep. I do know that sexual arousal helps suppress the desire to urinate (I even read an article a long time ago that was like "if you really gotta pee, but aren't near a restroom, think about sex!")

In which case, it is purely a physiological response in your body to take care of a natural body process- urination.

It doesn't mean you are failing in your quest to purge sexual desires and get rid of your erections.

Now don't even start about talking about urine retention to avoid erections having to do with that! :lol:

I may want to see a TCM doc about that. I've had that ever since I was young but am not sure if I was masturbating at the time. Like in middle school.

I mean its not severe..but still an issue. Happens mostly in public places. Ppl tell me it's just insecurity.. but if it happens when Im alone its not just insecurity. Altho it may just be a habit of holding in..

What, that you get erections throughout the day?

Of course it's natural. Didn't they teach you this in sex ed? "Your body is changing, you may start to get erections, sometimes these will happen at embarrassing moments, like in the middle of class." I bet your doc, TCM or otherwise, will tell you the same thing :lol:

Saying you've had it ever since you were young is saying "my body has worked ever since I was young." And trying to stop it is trying to take your body into a state of non-health. Not good.

It's not your body which is the problem, it's your mind which has attached a whole number of thoughts, theories, and ideological baggage to natural body processes. If you had been living in solitude your entire life (forget the logistics for a bit), you wouldn't be having these problems. You'd see that occasionally throughout the day you'd have an erection, then you'd let it go and just move on.

But since you've been trying to resolve the conflicts you have in your life, you've started to take on a bunch of oppressive baggage which, in their proper context, can be HELPFUL, but since you're taking it all out of context, you're turning it around into something potentially harmful.

Your body is not the enemy unless you make it your enemy.

Your thoughts are not your enemy unless you make them your enemy.

There ARE ways in which people take natural body mechanics, and work with them to cultivate their minds and bodies. But if you attempt to take a bunch of disparate factoids and try to do them, if you view the elements you're working with as volatile and harmful, how are they ever supposed to help you?

They mentioned that an erect penis apparently helps store urine while you sleep. I do know that sexual arousal helps suppress the desire to urinate (I even read an article a long time ago that was like "if you really gotta pee, but aren't near a restroom, think about sex!")

In which case, it is purely a physiological response in your body to take care of a natural body process- urination.

It doesn't mean you are failing in your quest to purge sexual desires and get rid of your erections.

Now don't even start about talking about urine retention to avoid erections having to do with that! :lol:

What, that you get erections throughout the day?

Of course it's natural. Didn't they teach you this in sex ed? "Your body is changing, you may start to get erections, sometimes these will happen at embarrassing moments, like in the middle of class." I bet your doc, TCM or otherwise, will tell you the same thing :lol:

Saying you've had it ever since you were young is saying "my body has worked ever since I was young." And trying to stop it is trying to take your body into a state of non-health. Not good.

It's not your body which is the problem, it's your mind which has attached a whole number of thoughts, theories, and ideological baggage to natural body processes. If you had been living in solitude your entire life (forget the logistics for a bit), you wouldn't be having these problems. You'd see that occasionally throughout the day you'd have an erection, then you'd let it go and just move on.

But since you've been trying to resolve the conflicts you have in your life, you've started to take on a bunch of oppressive baggage which, in their proper context, can be HELPFUL, but since you're taking it all out of context, you're turning it around into something potentially harmful.

Your body is not the enemy unless you make it your enemy.

Your thoughts are not your enemy unless you make them your enemy.

There ARE ways in which people take natural body mechanics, and work with them to cultivate their minds and bodies. But if you attempt to take a bunch of disparate factoids and try to do them, if you view the elements you're working with as volatile and harmful, how are they ever supposed to help you?

No, I was specifically talking about the issue of retention of urine that I've had since I was very young.

Wow, Non....Confused much?

So you're trying to be celibate, yet you're jelqing yourself off in order to increase penis size?

Whatever, I don't think you're gonna stop, so at least I'll provide some useful information. In the mean time: Please don't jelq yourself, mmkay?

According to Dr.Lin (www.actionlove.com;) Jelqing can cause damage to the nerves and blood vessels in your pee-pee, which in turn can lead to erectile dysfunction (and other) issues.

Follow this link: http://www.actionlove.com/extra/enlarge.htm. Though be prepared to see pics of an asian man's, erected wang.

I don't know the effectiveness of this technique though: Because once in college, I hooked up with a Korean foreign exchange student chick and when we were about to hook up; she says "Ohhhh, whatta big American penis you have." I then responded " Yuup, 5 inches; That's as big as it gets." I then proceeded to give her the best 30 seconds of her life. From then on, that proved how awesome I was. B)

Anyways, enough about me, this is about you: Read that link. Also his site in general has a lot of info on hormones and how they effect the body. A lot of this information is based on modern studies and TCM. His CD on sexual yoga is good, but isn't edited that well and uses a lot of technical big science words (he used to be an engineer.) A lot of is based on the Yellow Emperors Classic and the Plain Girl Classic. I recommend Jolan Chang's books on amazon.com to learn semen retention during sex; because his books are a lot more user friendly.

P.S. If you do meditation properly, since you're revitalizing your lost jing or whatever; sexual desire will actually increase. No joke. You then have to apply discipline on yourself to not lose your jing, if you want to open up the chi-mai and to eventually reach the first dhyana. Just how it is.

yea.. I hate Dr. Lin's website.. so hard to read. So scattered and so much info. The CD is not called Sexual Yoga right? Something about Resonant Orgasm Taoist Love Coupling or whatever.

Rigid personality types will always seek to control pleasure.

This!

Erich Fromm in his book "The Art of Loving" speaks about the necessity of imparting in one's children an appreciation of the wonderful in life - in living - and not just provide the necessities of bodily sustenance.

I've seen how the neglect of doing this in many strands of christianity has created a permanent sadness, a chronic depression in people since childhood, resulting in clinging to sin and salvation with even more fervor.

Mandrake

Wow, Non....Confused much?

So you're trying to be celibate, yet you're jelqing yourself off in order to increase penis size?

Whatever, I don't think you're gonna stop, so at least I'll provide some useful information. In the mean time: Please don't jelq yourself, mmkay?

According to Dr.Lin (www.actionlove.com;) Jelqing can cause damage to the nerves and blood vessels in your pee-pee, which in turn can lead to erectile dysfunction (and other) issues.

Follow this link: http://www.actionlove.com/extra/enlarge.htm. Though be prepared to see pics of an asian man's, erected wang.

I don't know the effectiveness of this technique though: Because once in college, I hooked up with a Korean foreign exchange student chick and when we were about to hook up; she says "Ohhhh, whatta big American penis you have." I then responded " Yuup, 5 inches; That's as big as it gets." I then proceeded to give her the best 30 seconds of her life. From then on, that proved how awesome I was. B)

Anyways, enough about me, this is about you: Read that link. Also his site in general has a lot of info on hormones and how they effect the body. A lot of this information is based on modern studies and TCM. His CD on sexual yoga is good, but isn't edited that well and uses a lot of technical big science words (he used to be an engineer.) A lot of is based on the Yellow Emperors Classic and the Plain Girl Classic. I recommend Jolan Chang's books on amazon.com to learn semen retention during sex; because his books are a lot more user friendly.

P.S. If you do meditation properly, since you're revitalizing your lost jing or whatever; sexual desire will actually increase. No joke. You then have to apply discipline on yourself to not lose your jing, if you want to open up the chi-mai and to eventually reach the first dhyana. Just how it is.

the shaolin monks do penile exercises to increase their jing and yet do not engage in sexual behaviour..

do you still call them sexual deviants?

the shaolin monks do penile exercises to increase their jing and yet do not engage in sexual behaviour..

do you still call them sexual deviants?

He was speaking about excercises for increasing penis size, and not about exercises for increasing jing; don't misconstrue what he writes.

Mandrake

I would say stay away from any alleged "tantra" or "karezza" methods you are talking about, don't touch yourself anymore, and find a chick as quickly as you can. If you believe in yourself and are assertive instead of being down on yourself you can make it happen.

Your future health and hapiness depends on it.

Edited by Immortal4life

I'm also thinking that all the practices and exercises I do will automatically sublimate as well.

Transmuting your energies can lead you to gold but repressing them is the fast track road to hell on earth, you need to be completely honest with yourself why you are doing what you do, if you haven't fully embraced your sexuality and instinctual energies first then it is being done from a place of rejection. If you are doing it to try to get rid of your sexuality because you don't like it then it will only lead you to great suffering.

The same meditation can be used by one person for their development but by different person it can just be used as another way of self rejection depending on where you are at. A person can do high level spiritual exercises for fifty years and get nowhere if it's being done out of a place of self repression and rejection. The vast majority of people need to first completely honour and accept themselves before they even think about transmuting their instinctual energies

• Like 1

Transmuting your energies can lead you to gold but repressing them is the fast track road to hell on earth, you need to be completely honest with yourself why you are doing what you do, if you haven't fully embraced your sexuality and instinctual energies first then it is being done from a place of rejection. If you are doing it to try to get rid of your sexuality because you don't like it then it will only lead you to great suffering.

The same meditation can be used by one person for their development but by different person it can just be used as another way of self rejection depending on where you are at. A person can do high level spiritual exercises for fifty years and get nowhere if it's being done out of a place of self repression and rejection. The vast majority of people need to first completely honour and accept themselves before they even think about transmuting their instinctual energies

I used to try to hard to lessen my sex drive, UNTIL I realized that the reason I was trying to do so was because of GUILT. I had been made to think that sex was bad, dirty, sinful, shameful, ect... That was the real problem. Wanting sex is 100% natural, normal, and healthy!

I love the intuitive knowledge hidden in common idioms & pop culture.

Morning wood needs kidney water to grow.

Anger (liver emotion) can deplete this water.

Per TCM, the liver color is also green.

Ever notice why the Hulk turns GREEN when he gets angry???

hulk-smash1%5B1%5D.jpg

So, increased anger could conceivably reduce morning wood (as one factor).

MUST REDUCE ANGER.

To reduce your anger, you must resolve the issues underlying it...

Edited by vortex

Ever notice why the Hulk turns GREEN when he gets angry???

Because green is associated with radioactivity, and the Hulk became such by being exposed to intense amounts of gamma radiation.

But if you want to believe there in a secret TCM reason behind it, that's anyone's prerogative.