Non

I dont get "morning wood"

WEll.. I haven't ejaculated at all or masturbated for about 3 months now. I've thought somewhat of sex, and I've done some jelqing practices here and there being very careful not to lead energy outwards through contractions. In fact.. I haven't had any "contractions" so to speak in a long while. I dont do PC muscle squeezes either. I dont know if there are any health benefits to those either since I read PC muscle squeezes are for women and for males it's more the muscle between the anus and the spine.

So.. I'm just wondernig anyway. Is it bad to not experience morning wood? It's not like I dont get erections anymore but usually I subdue them when they come around because I dont want to have to lose any jing afterwards because then it can leak.

WEll.. I haven't ejaculated at all or masturbated for about 3 months now. I've thought somewhat of sex, and I've done some jelqing practices here and there being very careful not to lead energy outwards through contractions. In fact.. I haven't had any "contractions" so to speak in a long while. I dont do PC muscle squeezes either. I dont know if there are any health benefits to those either since I read PC muscle squeezes are for women and for males it's more the muscle between the anus and the spine.

So.. I'm just wondernig anyway. Is it bad to not experience morning wood? It's not like I dont get erections anymore but usually I subdue them when they come around because I dont want to have to lose any jing afterwards because then it can leak.

You sound as if you have guilt around this issue. Further, I think you are just suppressing your natural drives. Just relax and enjoy life.

• Like 6

Complete repression of your natural drives and needs is the root cause of neurosis and insanity

• Like 6

I've heard that one of the ways they check men who have erectile dysfunction to see if the root cause is physiological or mental is to see if they have morning wood- because that's pretty natural, and a sure fire way to see if you can even physically do it.

But if you get erections throughout the day (which IS normal and HEALTHY), then you know that you can physically do it- so it's not a problem there.

My guess is that you've gotten to the point where you subconsciously try to suppress it as soon as you start to wake up, so by the time you are awake, you aren't up anymore (couldn't resist!!! :P)

In general though, I echo what has already been said here- your obsession with these topics which you are sharing now and have shared in the past do not seem like they are leading you to a healthy and happy place. Please think very carefully about where you are and where you are going, and why you are going or want to go to that place.

Morning wood has less to do with repressed or unconscious sexual desire, then it does the retention of urine. It's easier to hold it in if you have an erection. I wouldn't worry so much about morning wood, but as others have said, understand your normal and natural urges. There is nothing natural about celibacy, just check with the holy orders that practice it. Where there is celibacy, normally there is a high degree of deviancy, regardless of the religions institution. What the psychiatric community is finding is that many of the people that choose to go into religious orders that practice celibacy, do so because they suffer from some kind of deviation that causes them guilt and they believe that by joining the order that it will remove or help them to control those deviant impulses.

I want to clarify that not all people who practice celibacy are deviant, but one thing to keep in mind is that even those people who go into these institutions without suffering from a deviancy, will often tend to fall into deviant behavior later on. What this tells me is that frequent sexual release is not only normal, but healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner
  • Like 4

I want to clarify that not all people who practice celibacy are deviant, but one thing to keep in mind is that even those people who go into these institutions without suffering from a deviancy, will often tend to fall into deviant behavior later on. What this tells me is that frequent sexual release is not only normal, but healthy physically, emotionally, and spiritually.

Aaron

For me it all has to do with naturalness. There are times, during intense work, exercise, or cultivation, in which sexual thoughts and urges, physical or mental, just don't occur. In that case, there is no point or desire to engage in sexual activity. Just do what you do.

And during times when you're really ready to go, going with it can lead to some very positive, healthy releases- much more so than trying to hold it all in because of this or that.

My experiences with strong spiritual, and even mundane, motivating factors have give me a glimpse into how one can live an extended celibate lifestyle. But in those instances, there is a drive towards some goal- spiritual growth, financial success, increased physical ability, etc. Those things happen and celibacy FOLLOWS. There is always some goal. The objective is NOT "hey, I'm going to be celibate!" instead it's "hey, I have a goal" and sex just never enters the picture. And those factors have to be so strong that they dominate all of your life- to the point where you just don't think about other stuff, like sex.

I feel like many people join orders, such as those that impose celibacy, for reasons other than having some goal, and in doing so must then conform to some dogmatic codes, and in the process start on an unnatural path that, if it were up to them, they would never have even done.

Celibacy as it happens naturally- healthy, and rarely, if ever, involves elaborate practices to make sure you stay celibate.

Celibacy as dictated by some rule- usually leads to the opposite of health, and is a path generally undertaken for a variety of reasons, usually because of a deep seated issue the individual is not facing.

So Non- why are you trying to be celibate? If you aren't trying to engage in sex, and don't want to engage in frivolous sexual activity (you told me that in a past thread), why are you always so focused on sex? Celibacy is supposed to take sex out of the picture (though as I said above, successful celibacy happens AFTER you quit thinking of sex), but in your case, your attempts at celibacy make you more attuned to it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

well it's just.. I can't get sex so what else can I do? I dont want to lose energy so Im trying to find ways to be celibate, and benefit form it rather than go crazy.

BTW I am pretty much the same way when I am masturbating, than when Im not. Im just a bit more driven and in fact I sometimes feel more connected with others, with women I can connect better, thelittle connection I have anyways. I have more energy.

Sometiems though it can get sort of well, repressive but that's more to do with insecurities or thinggs I need to deal with. And Im not going to masturbate when I get depressed because that may just mess things up and do nothng for my depression, and I'll feel pathetic. In fact it feels pathetic to release when I have no partner in the first place.

I feel like masturbation is only normal for those who think being without a partner is normal, or rather always being without one is normal. I guess in the animal kingdom animals just kill and rape , or just find a mate. Monkeys might masturbate but also I've read they masturbate more when in seclusion.. my situation is quite like seclusion I guess. Or being psychologically castrated.

Edited by Non

I'm going to break this up into two posts to make it easier to read, and hopefully make it easier for you to think it over.

Well see I don't think either of those things are healthy or constructive- retaining just because you can't get sex, and not masturbating because you think it'd be pathetic.

well it's just.. I can't get sex so what else can I do? I dont want to lose energy so Im trying to find ways to be celibate, and benefit form it rather than go crazy.

The energy from retaining should be put TOWARDS something constructive. Not just saved up because you've got nothing better to do.

Start an exercise regiment (strongly recommend this one). Start playing and instrument. Learn a foreign language. Do SOMETHING which you can spend your energy on. Otherwise you are just building up energy with no outlet, and when it reaches a critical mass, it will go to wherever your focus is on- and if your focus is on sex (even you are trying do avoid SEX- did you see the big keyword there?) then guess what you are going to do? Mmhmm, you guessed it.

And if you manage to suppress even THAT, you are in for a really weird, very uncomfortable, very unhappy state.

As an aside here, I am talking about celibacy WITHOUT arousal- as in, you aren't getting aroused, reaching climax, but not going past that point to save the energy. If you aren't doing it as part of a larger system (and even if you ARE) it can be very dangerous and throw you off even MORE. I do not recommend doing it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I feel like masturbation is only normal for those who think being without a partner is normal, or rather always being without one is normal. I guess in the animal kingdom animals just kill and rape , or just find a mate. Monkeys might masturbate but also I've read they masturbate more when in seclusion.. my situation is quite like seclusion I guess. Or being psychologically castrated.

As for the masturbation thing, I prefer to put everything on one "sexual spectrum". Celibacy on one end, full blown sex on the other.

In between you have many things- masturbation (solo), making yourself look attractive for the opposite sex, holding hands (in a romantic sense), kissing, caressing, masturbation (together), non intercourse sex acts (like oral sex), etc.

ALL of these are expressing different aspects of sexuality. Each of these can EQUALLY be respected and disrespected, treated with care or abused. Having sex with a partner is not automatically "better" because you're with someone- if more people would just masturbate instead of using someone's body for a senseless release of sexual tension (let's not even get into the many NON-sexual reasons people partake in sex acts), the world would be a little better place.

Humans are sexual. To deny that is to deny your humanity. To avoid masturbation because you think it is inferior to something else is to deny your status as a human.

There are certainly many ways that masturbation can be abused, and lead to a state of non-health. But the same can be said for every other expression of sexuality, so to deny masturbation on those grounds would be to deny everything else, and that's not what either of us are trying to do.

Masturbation can be a healthy way to explore and express your sexuality. When it is time to do it, don't be afraid. When it is not time to do it, it won't even cross your mind.

But if you are so worried about it when the time IS right, and you try to push it out of your life, it WILL push back, intrude in other aspects of your life, and make you a very unhappy person.

And btw, I remember the post where someone mentioned the whole bit about animals only masturbating when in captivity, and in periods of intense stress and stuff like that. And all I have to say is 1) those are animals 2) those are extenuating circumstances 3) those are extenuating circumstances for animals

I've been around various forums where the talk of masturbation started, and a lot of people started swapping stories about discovering masturbation as children. So, I dunno, to me that just screams "natural occurrence". It's only AFTER they grow older that so many sociological and psychological overtones get draped over a natural discovery of their body.

But that's just me.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang
  • Like 2

Hi Non.

PC contractions, when happening outside a final orgasm doesnt lead energy outward. On the contrary they can rise sexual energy it is a known fact, and it is called in yoga mulhabandha or asvini when done repeatidly. If you had coccyx bend and other bandhas you will increase the rise of sexual energy into higher centers.

• Like 2

Hi Non.

PC contractions, when happening outside a final orgasm doesnt lead energy outward. On the contrary they can rise sexual energy it is a known fact, and it is called in yoga mulhabandha or asvini when done repeatidly. If you had coccyx bend and other bandhas you will increase the rise of sexual energy into higher centers.

Interesting yea but doing it masturbatorily at least dry only leads to excessive stimulation and congestedness in the genital regions at least in my experience. I guess it's best to learn how to acheive the automatic pc muscle contractions without using your hands. Im not talking about the consicous voluntary contractions butt he involuntary ones wchich occur before orgasm...

Hello Non,

Lets take this from another perspective. I feel you aren't entirely sold on celibacy. You say, "why not? I can't get sex anyways." Well what kind of reason is that? I don't practice Qigong, but I know people who do and I've had conversations about this with them. The practice of semen retention and celibacy are all part of the very highest level of Qigong. From what I've been told, doing these practices without the requisite experience can be detrimental, not beneficial. I would suggest, if you are undertaking this practice without consulting an advanced teacher, that you should consult a teacher about this. Forums are all and good, but you have no way of knowing who knows what. It's the same as trying to learn advanced meditation techniques from a book, you may get the gist of it, but without having someone to teach you, it can lead to bad things, nightmares, psychosis, etc.

The psychiatric community recognizes that many people do develop psychosis from Qigong practice. I'm telling you this to scare you, and I'll admit it, because I'd rather scare you than see you harm yourself. Even if you don't agree with me regarding this, I think with your low-self esteem and issues regarding sex, that perhaps you might want to address these issues before continuing this form of practice. If you are not emotionally balanced, then the last thing you need to do is perform an intense practice that requires strict and precise emotional balance. More than one person has jumped in the water, thinking they can swim to the other side and found out too late that they can't. Take a step back, be sure of your own skill and only do what you KNOW you can do. That's the last I'll say about it, because you seem to have your mind made up, but I hope you might consider what I've told you.

Aaron

• Like 2

If you have truely not stimulated yourself for as long as you say, then your testosterone levels are probably very low, which would exlain the lack of morning wood. Since testosterone belongs to essence, you would be doing yourself a service to stimulate yourself in order to increase the amount of testosterone essence/jing as being a male it is vital to your health.

• Like 2

My experiences with strong spiritual, and even mundane, motivating factors have give me a glimpse into how one can live an extended celibate lifestyle. But in those instances, there is a drive towards some goal- spiritual growth, financial success, increased physical ability, etc. Those things happen and celibacy FOLLOWS. There is always some goal. The objective is NOT "hey, I'm going to be celibate!" instead it's "hey, I have a goal" and sex just never enters the picture. And those factors have to be so strong that they dominate all of your life- to the point where you just don't think about other stuff, like sex.

great insight, i second this

If you have truely not stimulated yourself for as long as you say, then your testosterone levels are probably very low, which would exlain the lack of morning wood. Since testosterone belongs to essence, you would be doing yourself a service to stimulate yourself in order to increase the amount of testosterone essence/jing as being a male it is vital to your health.

second this as well

If i was you id masturbate maybe once every 2 weeks to once a month. And id also not do PC contractions, they screwed me up although they may work for some.

Not getting any erections at night while you sleep is a symptom that your body is not functioning properly. It could also be due to diet

Personally, I take plenty of L arginine ethyl ester and ZMA fuel along with a good protein shake every morning. That is my resurrection formula. :lol:

• Like 1

Complete repression of your natural drives and needs is the root cause of neurosis and insanity

then i guess all monks are completely insane and neurotic..

Morning wood has less to do with repressed or unconscious sexual desire, then it does the retention of urine. It's easier to hold it in if you have an erection. I wouldn't worry so much about morning wood, but as others have said, understand your normal and natural urges. There is nothing natural about celibacy, just check with the holy orders that practice it. Where there is celibacy, normally there is a high degree of deviancy, regardless of the religions institution. What the psychiatric community is finding is that many of the people that choose to go into religious orders that practice celibacy, do so because they suffer from some kind of deviation that causes them guilt and they believe that by joining the order that it will remove or help them to control those deviant impulses.

Aaron

yes yes yes i guess that means all the thai and tibetan monks are completely deviant..

yet in exchange for their "deviant" "impotency", lotsa monks have managed to develop siddhis.. including the siddhis of magically obtaining an erection and even increase your penis size if need be..

i caoll that a fair trade..

• Like 1

For me it all has to do with naturalness. There are times, during intense work, exercise, or cultivation, in which sexual thoughts and urges, physical or mental, just don't occur. In that case, there is no point or desire to engage in sexual activity. Just do what you do.

And during times when you're really ready to go, going with it can lead to some very positive, healthy releases- much more so than trying to hold it all in because of this or that.

I feel like many people join orders, such as those that impose celibacy, for reasons other than having some goal, and in doing so must then conform to some dogmatic codes, and in the process start on an unnatural path that, if it were up to them, they would never have even done.

Celibacy as it happens naturally- healthy, and rarely, if ever, involves elaborate practices to make sure you stay celibate.

Celibacy as dictated by some rule- usually leads to the opposite of health, and is a path generally undertaken for a variety of reasons, usually because of a deep seated issue the individual is not facing.

So Non- why are you trying to be celibate? If you aren't trying to engage in sex, and don't want to engage in frivolous sexual activity (you told me that in a past thread), why are you always so focused on sex? Celibacy is supposed to take sex out of the picture (though as I said above, successful celibacy happens AFTER you quit thinking of sex), but in your case, your attempts at celibacy make you more attuned to it.

the real goal of being celibate is to drive your kundalini uptowards your brain and achieve bliss..

NON is probably not telling you all everything here.. he is probably engaging in some secret spiritual practices which involve the usage of kundalini energy..

all these talk about sex and abusing women is probably his ego trying to talk him out of such beneficial spiritual practices..

well it's just.. I can't get sex so what else can I do? I dont want to lose energy so Im trying to find ways to be celibate, and benefit form it rather than go crazy..

bravo boy, now stop dicking around with us noobs and tell us what kind of secret spiritual practices which you are engaging in right now?..

As for the masturbation thing, I prefer to put everything on one "sexual spectrum". Celibacy on one end, full blown sex on the other.

In between you have many things- masturbation (solo), making yourself look attractive for the opposite sex, holding hands (in a romantic sense), kissing, caressing, masturbation (together), non intercourse sex acts (like oral sex), etc.

ALL of these are expressing different aspects of sexuality. Each of these can EQUALLY be respected and disrespected, treated with care or abused. Having sex with a partner is not automatically "better" because you're with someone- if more people would just masturbate instead of using someone's body for a senseless release of sexual tension (let's not even get into the many NON-sexual reasons people partake in sex acts), the world would be a little better place.

Humans are sexual. To deny that is to deny your humanity. To avoid masturbation because you think it is inferior to something else is to deny your status as a human.

There are certainly many ways that masturbation can be abused, and lead to a state of non-health. But the same can be said for every other expression of sexuality, so to deny masturbation on those grounds would be to deny everything else, and that's not what either of us are trying to do.

Masturbation can be a healthy way to explore and express your sexuality. When it is time to do it, don't be afraid. When it is not time to do it, it won't even cross your mind.

But if you are so worried about it when the time IS right, and you try to push it out of your life, it WILL push back, intrude in other aspects of your life, and make you a very unhappy person.

And btw, I remember the post where someone mentioned the whole bit about animals only masturbating when in captivity, and in periods of intense stress and stuff like that. And all I have to say is 1) those are animals 2) those are extenuating circumstances 3) those are extenuating circumstances for animals

I've been around various forums where the talk of masturbation started, and a lot of people started swapping stories about discovering masturbation as children. So, I dunno, to me that just screams "natural occurrence". It's only AFTER they grow older that so many sociological and psychological overtones get draped over a natural discovery of their body.

But that's just me.

brilliant zhang,

now you are comparing humans to animals..

i guess in your mind, humans are no better than animals aren;t they?

humans are sexual creatures? only those of the animal realm.. only those humans who behave and think like animals my friend..

Hi Non.

;)

Interesting yea but doing it masturbatorily at least dry only leads to excessive stimulation and congestedness in the genital regions at least in my experience. I guess it's best to learn how to acheive the automatic pc muscle contractions without using your hands. Im not talking about the consicous voluntary contractions butt he involuntary ones wchich occur before orgasm...

move the energy or feeling of stimulation and congestedness up towards your head and out of your head..

or towards your third eye into a flame burning at the third eye region..

at the same time visualize your navel chakra spinning..

i guarantee you.. you will experience a bliss a million times better than sexual orgasm..

Edited by bodyoflight

to increase his supply of testosterone will be doing NON a disservice..

right now what NON is doing is his subconscious or even his higher self telling him to break off his addictions to sex and women..

NON has successfully gotten past the first stage of breaking sexual addictions and now you guys are all giving him bad advice on how to get back into his sexual addiction trap again????!!!!

as Aaron said earlier in this thread, the last place to look for advice about such dicey matters is in a forum indeed..

NON, whatever you are doing, do not engage in physical exercises and take only vegetarian meals for another 9 months.. once you have drained all traces of emotional, sexual and mental baggage from your system, then do you start a regime of exercise ..

how do you know you have drained all traces of baggage from your system?

when you don't feel guilt or anger or lust towards women and sex anymore.. when you feel neither repulsion or attraction towards women..

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

Hello Non,

Lets take this from another perspective. I feel you aren't entirely sold on celibacy. You say, "why not? I can't get sex anyways." Well what kind of reason is that? I don't practice Qigong, but I know people who do and I've had conversations about this with them. The practice of semen retention and celibacy are all part of the very highest level of Qigong. From what I've been told, doing these practices without the requisite experience can be detrimental, not beneficial. I would suggest, if you are undertaking this practice without consulting an advanced teacher, that you should consult a teacher about this. Forums are all and good, but you have no way of knowing who knows what. It's the same as trying to learn advanced meditation techniques from a book, you may get the gist of it, but without having someone to teach you, it can lead to bad things, nightmares, psychosis, etc.

The psychiatric community recognizes that many people do develop psychosis from Qigong practice. I'm telling you this to scare you, and I'll admit it, because I'd rather scare you than see you harm yourself. Even if you don't agree with me regarding this, I think with your low-self esteem and issues regarding sex, that perhaps you might want to address these issues before continuing this form of practice. If you are not emotionally balanced, then the last thing you need to do is perform an intense practice that requires strict and precise emotional balance. More than one person has jumped in the water, thinking they can swim to the other side and found out too late that they can't. Take a step back, be sure of your own skill and only do what you KNOW you can do. That's the last I'll say about it, because you seem to have your mind made up, but I hope you might consider what I've told you.

Aaron

If Non is indeed emotionally unbalanced, he wouldn't begin to start unbalancing you guys with his words..

In all his threads so far, all the emotionally unbalanced posts belong to the majority of respondents to NON offering so-called "great advice" on women and sex bla bla bla ..

NON is now going into the deva path of existence ...

and the animal-humans who think that all humans should be sexual and breed like animals... their animal egos are now screaming, simply screaming at NON to stop his ascension into spiritual enlightenment..

it is like saying, "hey we are all still trapped in the grips of samsara, how the hell can you leave us here? we are all suffering like animals because we choose to so how can you choose not to suffer like an animal like the rest of us?"

it is like saying, "we are all suffering from addictions to sex .. all of us.. the ones who are not suffering from addictions to sex are the mad, deviant, insane ones.. it is normal, psychologically normal to be addicted to women, sex and breeding.. it is totally psychotic to want to break out of the cycle of karma and reincarnation.."

NON, I used to think you are the freak.. now that I have analyzed this thread thoroughly, it seems that the freaks are the so-called "normal" people who live and think like animals..

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 1

NON is probably not telling you all everything here.. he is probably engaging in some secret spiritual practices which involve the usage of kundalini energy..

all these talk about sex and abusing women is probably his ego trying to talk him out of such beneficial spiritual practices..

If Non IS doing some secret practice, I'd just like him to examine two things:

1) What is it doing for his mental attitude/outlook on life?

2) Why is he doing it?

If he's doing some super kundalini siddhi work- WHY? To impress women? Will that really change how he views humans, or reinforce it?

Is his daily life actually improving day by day, or does his life suck until he gets a powerful kundalini crown chakra orgasms that'll make all his worries go away? (or at least make him forget his worries)

I don't remember who said this- it was one of those crazy guys from way back when, way before my time on this forum, so sorry for not remembering, but amidst a bunch of craziness (and possibly penis jokes) he said(and I paraphrase): "What is the practice you would do if you found out you would die tomorrow? Do that one."

If Non were to die tomorrow, what good would his secret orgasmic unawakened kundalini do him? I'm not saying all practices that take time are worthless (though I suppose some might). I am saying that, at the very least, they need to be coupled with a practice that helps NOW, in the PRESENT moment. And I don't think Non has that.

humans are sexual creatures? only those of the animal realm.. only those humans who behave and think like animals my friend..

bodyoflight, lemm ask you something, and I want you to answer honestly?

How did YOU get here?

How did these guys that you mentioned:

yes yes yes i guess that means all the thai and tibetan monks are completely deviant..

yet in exchange for their "deviant" "impotency", lotsa monks have managed to develop siddhis.. including the siddhis of magically obtaining an erection and even increase your penis size if need be..

i caoll that a fair trade..

Get here, on this earth? (and I btw, I would NOT call that a fair trade in the least)

Because unless you sprang from a rock, got chucked out of the ocean, or were birthed from a virgin like Anakin Skywalker Jesus Christ Himself, you got here the same way everybody else did: through sex.

Now you tell me which humans are born that are not hardwired to reproduce. You tell me which sub-race of humans are produced by non-sexual means, who don't even have the body organs necessary to physically reproduce even if they wanted to, which these don't. You tell me which humans are NOT sexual!

I can think of someone traipsing into this thread and pointing to some lama, some buddha, and people like that. And I find it funny, because I've heard it said that the whole enlightenment thing is about realizing you're true nature, and that is that you are what you are.

They are human. They are sexual. Humans aren't ONLY sexual. But no one can say that humans are not sexual.

I believe that the people who make great accomplishments (as in, are enlightened) did not try to repress, channel, fight, or subdue their sexuality. Rather, they made their peace with it, and when they did that, they didn't conquer and enemy- they made a friend. All the power that would have bees lost, by both sides, through the struggle gets freed up and released.

So it's not a case of:

move the energy or feeling of stimulation and congestedness up towards your head and out of your head..

or towards your third eye into a flame burning at the third eye region..

at the same time visualize your navel chakra spinning..

i guarantee you.. you will experience a bliss a million times better than sexual orgasm..

Because tension and congestion will only beget more tension and congestion.

Rather, it is a case of freeing up energy on ALL levels, constantly. No movement. Just. Boom.

I think I just made myself enlightened with this post.

:D

• Like 1