mewtwo

autism i cant be the only one on this forum?

I did not ask for cures and such i asked if anyone else has it.

I am not interested in a cure i am interested in finding others like me who share the same interests like spirituality.

I'm not autistic but I've always had social development problems; never had friends as a kid, etc. Never exhibited the obvious repetitive behaviors (other than alcoholism).

But I'm guessing that your autism and your frustration with the inability to relate to others at a young age had everything to do with your tendency toward spirituality. I know the alcoholism was my road in to the spirit. I guess it just helped with the loneliness.

• Like 1

We are all more the same than we are different. It's in our DNA. That label is simply a way for society to describe your uniquness, and vaguely at that.

Edited by Dagon

I personally do not have autism, but my cousin* does, and so does one of my friends.

Edited by Dagon

Hello Mewtwo,

I have asperger's syndrome, (I've never actually admitted it to any of my family or friend's since being diagnosed because of the stigma) so you're not the only one here who is autistic. My particular "interest" is spirituality (for many years it was literature and I was considered a literary prodigy, even at a young age). I've found that my in-depth study of various spiritual practices has helped me with some of my social issues immensely. If you would like to talk, send me a tell.

Aaron

Edited by Twinner

So who else has it?

Mewtwo, I'm very curious about how this has shaped your journey, what your path has looked like thus far, what it is you have healed/awoken, or seek to heal/awaken, etc. Could you say more about this?

Aaron, too, if you're willing to share.

Hello Otis,

To be honest I wasn't diagnosed until about a year ago. At first I denied having it, mostly out of pride, but after awhile it made sense. You see when one who doesn't know about asperger's hears about it, they have all of these stereotypes that come to mind, some true, but others not.

If being diagnosed has done anything, it's answered the question, "why?" Why was I so different? Why did I feel so different from others? Now I know that I am different, but not in a bad way. I just don't think and behave like other people do. In the end autism and asperger's isn't an illness or condition, but rather a way of perceiving the world that others don't necessarily understand.

Aaron

edited for the sake of brevity.

Edited by Twinner

Hello Otis,

To be honest I wasn't diagnosed until about a year ago. At first I denied having it, mostly out of pride, but after awhile it made sense. You see when one who doesn't know about asperger's hears about it, they have all of these stereotypes that come to mind, some true, but others not.

If being diagnosed has done anything, it's answered the question, "why?" Why was I so different? Why did I feel so different from others? Now I know that I am different, but not in a bad way. I just don't think and behave like other people do. In the end autism and asperger's isn't an illness or condition, but rather a way of perceiving the world that others don't necessarily understand.

Aaron

edited for the sake of brevity.

Thanks for sharing that, Aaron.

well um first and formost i look at autism not as a disease or a disorder but a spiritual thing in progress. I believe it has made me more compassionate and such. I believe that due to my autism i believe that i am further ahead of an average person on the path because i vibrate on a higher frequency. (not trying to be egotistcal or anything cant quite place the word). It is due to autism that i have a naque for healing.

If you want i sugest you read autism and the god connection. a good read on the spiritual side of things with autism. It is a little heavy on the chirstian stuff but if you can get past that it is a good read.

• Like 1

Mewtwo, have you ever read any interviews with Temple Grandin? She's very inspiring and has similar views of Autism. I don't recall her relating to it spiritually, but she looks at it as an advantage.