TheSongsofDistantEarth

De-Switch Your Brain

Check this out. It feels very powerful to me. Use of meridians, somehow, to re-connect your brain hemispheres. Try it and post your experience/impressions. Apparently it's good for depression, too.

:)

Keep in mind that cultivators may or may not be 'switched' much of the time. But it seems good for teaching others (non-cultivators) perhaps demonstrating the existence of energy in the body, and as a daily, easy, energy health practice. I love stuff like this!

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth
  • Like 3

My interest for something similar came from a therapeutic effect called EMDR psychiatrists use for ptsd patients. I think people are told to focus on a specific emotion and idea that they call the traumatic event memory, then allow their mind to naturally think its way trough this memory while moving the eye balls from left to right. This eye movement somehow processes traumatic events in more useful ways allowing the patient to still remember the trauma but have its value reduced by atleast 70%, often more. It is pretty amazing, because this kind of physical things change the actual hardwiring of the brain or chemistry. Removing the root of the problem, the most significant and earliest trauma, will allow all the other problems to fade away like leafes of a broken tree.

The video here reminded me of that. It seems similar to the effects of the eye movements in EMDR technique,

My personal experience on this is that we can also just stay as present as possible, trough the use of the 5 senses and then observe our selfs through this present mindset, as if we are the starring character of the movie we call life. In cheap words: increase you awareness. As Taoist put it better then I ever could: "Deal with the past by using the present" or something similar. Notice that how you are emmediatly distracted and carried away into this imaginary dreamland of the past and future the moment you try to think about your memories. There is the ability to recall any moment in your life and still stay present, but it will require little effort on your part to keep yourself present trough the use of the 5 senses. One complex concept I made to help me with this is trying to "observe your perceptions". It's pretty deep, but it really keeps you as present and aware as possible. Works better for me, plus the amount of lucidity you get during sleep dreaming is tremendous this way. This does not cause direct happiness, but it reduces sadness, anger and fear by 70%. Sometimes it is scary how cool you can be. People will get confused and think you are not paying attention, but they're soon proven wrong given your strong energy and respone time when you are absolutely grounded in the present moment. Don't even need to process trauma's or anything like emdr or do weird movements like in the video.

This de-switching your brain is not possible with some quick technique but will require some practice I think. Like the practice of "observing your perceptions." I got the concept from my lucidity practice.

Recognizing our dreams, we can wake up or continue dreaming with this higher awareness. In dreams, everything is in us. Recognizing the dream in our waking life is a much more dificult one. We often confuse the environment for being the dream, while in a dream your own idea of the environment makes that dream. changing this idea changes the environment. In waking life things are diffrent. Your ideas can change, but the environment is not in your head so it will not directly effect the environment. But all of your perceptions of the environment is in your head. Only your personal reality might change. That is how I made the concept of "observing your perceptions." Where perceptions might be your own ideas and believes of everything, including the things in the environment. When you can see your self being afraid of spiders, you will laugh at yourself, literally. You might even challenge yourself to see what will happen, just for the curiousity of self-exploration.

Many people think they're observing themself, but are they really? Are you really? Did you notice you're behind a screen? Where are you sitting on. When did you loose awareness of these perceptions. When you started reading this or earlier perhaps? How does it feel to sit here, how does it smell, taste. Can you observe what you perceive from the corner of your eye and how it is perceived compared to the center of your vision? All these things are gold for increasing awareness, changing brain chemistry, stimulating self-regulating brain parts, etc. TYou'll have to notice the benefits for yourself. It is not a pushbutton kind of technique, neither is it the coolaid.

• Like 2

The video here reminded me of that. It seems similar to the effects of the eye movements in EMDR technique

Nice. I was about to mention how it reminded me of EMDR.

Also, I very much liked what you had to say about "observing your perceptions." Good stuff.

Any TB's gotten into de-switching?

I am currently investigating brain lateralization, left/right brain stuff, and came across this elsewhere. VERY interesting that a doctor of nuclear medicine is proposing that we can protect ourselves from EMF (omnipresent wifi, smart phones, smart meters, etc) with these simple exercises. I find the exercises energetically intriguing— don't know about the electrosensitivity aspect.

Here's another interesting page on it, more explanation and vids:

https://contemplatingtruth.wordpress.com/2014/03/30/deswitch/

• Like 2

Today I found another interesting exercise. And I love it!

Guys who know more about Zhan Zhuang and Chi Kung, what is your opinion about it?

https://deemagclinic.wordpress.com/2012/07/16/zhong-li-ba-ren-has-written-a-book-titled-self-help-is-better-than-seeking-doctors/

First I read this article - https://middlepath.com.au/eyesite/hemsphr.php and became interested in that exercise.

It's interesting that Dr. Yang in his Understanding Qigong videos told that feet can stimulate the brain, that people who play basketball grow taller.

• Like 4

I remember trying this de-switchng exercise when it was first posted... it's like coming out of hypnosis after completing the exercise, you realise everything was foggy and suddenly it's all very clear and your environment makes a lot more sense and is easier to interact with.

Highly recommend everyone gets on this!! 

Thank for posting :)

Edward

Good grief, bojole!

These links are going to have me delving around in this stuff for WEEKS!

Thank you!

Found on one Russian site: "the longer the child can stand on one leg with closed eyes, the more psychologically stable he is. This exercise also trains internal freedom."

P.S. Sorry for my translation :glare:

Edited by bojole
  • Like 2

I tried the one leg standing w eyes closed.. Got about 10 sec on each leg!! Yikes. As a former athlete and practitioner of standing meditation I'm ashamed of myself hehe. Hopefully it doesn't mean in too psychologically unstable, although I've had an inkling this could b the case for awhile:) cool links.

• Like 1

Today was the first day I could stand on right leg for 1 minute and on the left for 1 minute 40 seconds with my eyes closed.

I'm practicing the exercise each day.

• Like 2