Dagon

The 6th element

I have been correlating my chakra's to elements and attempting to define them through reflection and experience.

In doing so I have discovered that there is a form a chi for each element and each element has a center in us.

The lowest is Root, which is the element of earth.

The next one is the Dan Tien, (navel) which is the element water.

The third one is fire, which is the solar plexus chakra.

The fourth is heart (love), which is the heart chakra.

The fifth one is wind, which is the throat chakra.

Now comes the sixth element. Which this has been evident to me for a while although not brought to the forefront of my thinking.

The sixth is electricity (energy), which is directly related to the third eye or brow chakra. This is a bit more complex and also includes that crown chakra which this energy exists in its infinite.

Questions, comments and concerns are all welcome.

I would also like to thank Sundragon for inadvertantly helping me to achieve this realization.

Then what would be the 5th and so on?

I think you are thinking about the 5th element or the 6th sense? :P

Edited by Dagon

Then what would be the 5th and so on?

I think you are thinking about the 5th element or the 6th sense? :P

No, no. The first five elements are as they are traditionally understood. That is, wood, fire, earth, metal, and water. But all of these are of little value to man (and woman) unless mixed with the sixth element: Love.

(At least that is what I have been told.)

I think wood and metal fall under the category of earth.

You don't have one for wind?

How do these relate to chakra's?

Also what movie are you talking about?

Edited by Dagon

I'll take a stab and say he's talking about "The 5th Element", but I could be wrong because the numbering is off.

Furthermore, I believe marblehead just related to you the Chinese five elements (phases). There is a thread about relating them. They've got a bit of a different structure than the western/Indian ones.

Anyway, the chakras and their elemental correspondences from what I recall from Hermetics (probably wrong, here)

Earth element - root chakra - it grounds you and connects you to the earth, how you let go of stuff as well

Water element - sacral chakra - sexual energies. 'Nuff said.

Fire element - solar plexus (or stomach, however you want to view it) - provides energy for the entire system

Wind element - heart chakra - don't recall explanataion

Void - throat - you speak through a void??? (but not really????)

Spirit/connection with those types of energies - third eye - because third eye is your psychic stuff

Entire Universe - crown chakra - it's how you are connected

As I said, my memory and knowledge of this stuff is shaky. Ask on the magick forums on http://forums.vsociety.net/, a lot of experienced and knowledgeable people over there who can fill you in on the Hermetic perspective.

Basically, through the magick paradigm, as you work with the elements you work with their corresponding chakras, and as you master the elements (in ALL of their areas of influence: physically, energetically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually) so too do you master each chakra. So it's basically a form of kundalini awakening leading up to the point where you fully integrate with the cosmic consciousness through the crown.

But that's if you're interested in the Hermetics.

And as an aside, I would shy away from trying to correspond the dantiens and the chakras. I tried early on when I started (just as I tried to make western/Chinese elemental correspondences), and I'll just say let separate things be separate things. I actually think the dantiens ARE separate. And it becomes more apparent as you wander into some confusing back and forths because the lower dantien is associated with fueling the body, okay, that's the solar plexus chakra. But wait, the lower dantien is associated with water. Okay, that's sacral. But the sacral chakra is about sex, is the lower dantien about that too? But the lower dantien is the lower burner, that's fire, so we're back to the solar plexus chakra!!!

If anything, I'd say the kanda correlates to the lower dantien more than the chakras. I first found out about it in this thread: Subtle body anatomy (I link directly to the post that mentions it, but the whole thread is nice)

But as fiveelementtao said in the element correspondences thread, you should be relying on practice, not theory. Trust me, if you try to think it all out, it won't make sense. But if you find a practice and paradigm that you like, and you PRACTICE it, then what works for you is going to be what is best for you, in which case all the theory in the world will mean nothing.

And if you want to nail the theory down BEFORE you practice something seriously, you'll wind up never practicing. You don't gain knowledge and confidence in something in order for you to practice it. You gain knowledge and confidence in something BECAUSE you practice it.

Edited by Sloppy Zhang

I'll take a stab and say he's talking about "The 5th Element", but I could be wrong because the numbering is off.

Furthermore, I believe marblehead just related to you the Chinese five elements (phases). There is a thread about relating them. They've got a bit of a different structure than the western/Indian ones.

Anyway, the chakras and their elemental correspondences from what I recall from Hermetics (probably wrong, here)

Earth element - root chakra - it grounds you and connects you to the earth, how you let go of stuff as well

Water element - sacral chakra - sexual energies. 'Nuff said.

Fire element - solar plexus (or stomach, however you want to view it) - provides energy for the entire system

Wind element - heart chakra - don't recall explanataion

Void - throat - you speak through a void??? (but not really????)

Spirit/connection with those types of energies - third eye - because third eye is your psychic stuff

Entire Universe - crown chakra - it's how you are connected

As I said, my memory and knowledge of this stuff is shaky. Ask on the magick forums on http://forums.vsociety.net/, a lot of experienced and knowledgeable people over there who can fill you in on the Hermetic perspective.

Basically, through the magick paradigm, as you work with the elements you work with their corresponding chakras, and as you master the elements (in ALL of their areas of influence: physically, energetically, mentally, emotionally, and spiritually) so too do you master each chakra. So it's basically a form of kundalini awakening leading up to the point where you fully integrate with the cosmic consciousness through the crown.

But that's if you're interested in the Hermetics.

And as an aside, I would shy away from trying to correspond the dantiens and the chakras. I tried early on when I started (just as I tried to make western/Chinese elemental correspondences), and I'll just say let separate things be separate things. I actually think the dantiens ARE separate. And it becomes more apparent as you wander into some confusing back and forths because the lower dantien is associated with fueling the body, okay, that's the solar plexus chakra. But wait, the lower dantien is associated with water. Okay, that's sacral. But the sacral chakra is about sex, is the lower dantien about that too? But the lower dantien is the lower burner, that's fire, so we're back to the solar plexus chakra!!!

If anything, I'd say the kanda correlates to the lower dantien more than the chakras. I first found out about it in this thread: Subtle body anatomy (I link directly to the post that mentions it, but the whole thread is nice)

But as fiveelementtao said in the element correspondences thread, you should be relying on practice, not theory. Trust me, if you try to think it all out, it won't make sense. But if you find a practice and paradigm that you like, and you PRACTICE it, then what works for you is going to be what is best for you, in which case all the theory in the world will mean nothing.

And if you want to nail the theory down BEFORE you practice something seriously, you'll wind up never practicing. You don't gain knowledge and confidence in something in order for you to practice it. You gain knowledge and confidence in something BECAUSE you practice it.

Thanks for the reply :) I'm pretty confident or I wouldn't post it. The Dan Tien is the element water as that it may mold to any form or concentration, I can put love, fire, electricity, wind there.

In the movie the 5th element, the elements were wind water earth and fire, the 5th being heart. Which if you achieve metta you should definitely unmistakeably feel this element above your solar plexus (above where you feel the fire).

I won't wind up anywhere that it is not my destiny to be. This was all discovered through practice and direct experience. I have nor have I ever had a master to teach me these things, the only things I can know is what I have personally experienced and reflected upon.

My path is clear to me. I am only sharing my own perspective/experience. It is yours to do with as you wish.

Nuerons are electricity, right? They exist in our brains and they contibute to thoughts.

Void is not an element, it is simply the absence of anything and everything. Forever and infinitely nothing.

Edited by Dagon

The elements will vary according to who you are listening to. Those I mentioned are one of the Chinese variants. I know, ether (air, wind) should be in there too.

"The Sixth Element" is a Sci-Fi movie with Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich. Oooppps! I errored. The title of the movie is "The Fifth Element".

Earth, wind, fire, water & love; the five elements.

The elements will vary according to who you are listening to. Those I mentioned are one of the Chinese variants. I know, ether (air, wind) should be in there too.

"The Sixth Element" is a Sci-Fi movie with Bruce Willis and Milla Jovovich. Oooppps! I errored. The title of the movie is "The Fifth Element".

Earth, wind, fire, water & love; the five elements.

It was a good try though :P:)

It was a good try though :P:)

Hehehe. Hey, I thought I had it all figured out but realized I was grasping at false understandings.

I actually love it when I or someone else has proven me wrong. Puts me back in my chair instead of remaining on the grandstand.

So you mean Bruce Willis made a movie called the "Fifth Element" and also the "Sixth Sense?"

Bruce, by any chance, are you on this forum?

So you mean Bruce Willis made a movie called the "Fifth Element" and also the "Sixth Sense?"

Bruce, by any chance, are you on this forum?

Are you trying to get me even more confused? Hehehe.

would it be possible for me to choose the heart as my "root chakra" and build up from there. would i get to crown and beyond quicker?

would there be bad consequences from trying this?

yeah i know. and i think many folks start from kundalini and work their way up.

and i have heard of others who find it easier to work from 3rd eye or crown downwards.

i just wondered if anyone has ever started from the middle chakras.

I don't have any experience with that. I do feel that it is more dangerous, and I wouldn't personally take that path without a competent instructor.

You can't really start in the middle as far as I know because there are no channels going to the middle from root.

http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm

nadis_r1_c5.jpg

See how those channels by-pass the chakra's?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just beyond my experience.

I don't have any experience with that. I do feel that it is more dangerous, and I wouldn't personally take that path without a competent instructor.

You can't really start in the middle as far as I know because there are no channels going to the middle from root.

http://www.tantra-kundalini.com/nadis.htm

nadis_r1_c5.jpg

See how those channels by-pass the chakra's?

I'm not saying it's impossible, just beyond my experience.

yeah i know :) maybe someone else can adress this?

you ever notice all these guys are blue?

i had always thought of nadis as nervous system, but that is just my level of understanding. i had also once wondered if our nervous system was our spirit?

i dont think it is exactly the same as spirit but closely related.

i think what had me thinking this way was sometimes i hear someone say their spirit needs a rest. other times i have heard folks say their nerves need a rest.

so,( i know i have gone off topic)

those channels do by-pass the chakras. but there is also a chakra channel that connects them all? and it is a multi pass channel?

Ok Stan the man!

I'll give someone else a chance ;)

:D I always look up to you friend.

and your input/ideas/thoughts ALWAYS inspire.