jago25_98

inner smile, front flow

a friend is suffering from post natal depression slightly.

It gets me thinking. It must be hard to adjust to that change in energy.

I know it's hard for me when i go away to work.

I can bring energy up my spine but like a lot of guys i have trouble bringing it down again. As a result lots of energy ends up in my head... So i'm thinking too much. I respond to this my meditating. But am i really achiving much? That is, am i sure i'm not simply bringing energy up and then simply releasing when meditating? After all, i always shed a tear and i don't know why when meditating.

So what about inner smile? Well, all i can say is, easier said than done. That is, it's one thing to do it and another to fall into it. There have been times when i've seen such beauty in nature, like this could be the feeling, like a joy of a nice day, the countryside or riding a great wave. But these things are limited. Does ones life have to be this much inorder to feel this? And is this really it?

In order to really smile again, that inner smile that goes on through the day, there's so much backstory... Some of which seems like it shouldn't be needed to tackle. That is, one shouldn't need to go as far as going back over childhood stuff, or past girlfriends, or fear of death... Just to feel inner smile? Ok, sprting these things help... But i didn't expect to have so much work to do....

So i wonder if i'm barking up the wrong tree... Because i've fely what i think is inner smile a handful of times in life, but never noticed a cool feeling flowing down the front.

Thus, i appeal for your guidance.

This traditional approach is best known for identifying successive stages of meditation during which one progressively cultivates loving-kindness towards:

1.oneself[15]

2.a good friend[16]

3.a "neutral" person

4.a difficult person[17]

5.all four of the above equally[18][19]

6.and then gradually the entire universe[20]

One should avoid choosing someone to whom one is sexually attracted or who is dead.[21] For a "neutral" person, choose someone that you might come into contact with every day, but who does not give rise to strong positive nor strong negative emotions. For a "difficult" person, traditionally choose an enemy, but avoid choosing a person who has just wrecked your life, unless you are very well grounded in awareness.

This sounds like an excellent meditation. Thank you for sharing it.

• Like 1

It really works too! I had most trouble with oneself, after that everything was pretty straight forward. It will be different for everyone. I am happy to share :)

Edited by Dagon

a friend is suffering from post natal depression slightly.

It gets me thinking. It must be hard to adjust to that change in energy.

I know it's hard for me when i go away to work.

I can bring energy up my spine but like a lot of guys i have trouble bringing it down again. As a result lots of energy ends up in my head... So i'm thinking too much. I respond to this my meditating. But am i really achiving much? That is, am i sure i'm not simply bringing energy up and then simply releasing when meditating? After all, i always shed a tear and i don't know why when meditating.

So what about inner smile? Well, all i can say is, easier said than done. That is, it's one thing to do it and another to fall into it. There have been times when i've seen such beauty in nature, like this could be the feeling, like a joy of a nice day, the countryside or riding a great wave. But these things are limited. Does ones life have to be this much inorder to feel this? And is this really it?

In order to really smile again, that inner smile that goes on through the day, there's so much backstory... Some of which seems like it shouldn't be needed to tackle. That is, one shouldn't need to go as far as going back over childhood stuff, or past girlfriends, or fear of death... Just to feel inner smile? Ok, sprting these things help... But i didn't expect to have so much work to do....

So i wonder if i'm barking up the wrong tree... Because i've fely what i think is inner smile a handful of times in life, but never noticed a cool feeling flowing down the front.

Thus, i appeal for your guidance.

The inner smile is one of my most used practices, along with the healing sounds which I usually combine. Anyways there is a saying about doing the inner smile, which is "fake it till you make it" (thats what she said, lol sorry). Basically even if your not feeling it at all, you just keep that slight smile on your face, and keep smiling down to which ever organ your trying to make smile until you actually feel that organ begin to respond.

*edit: this just occured to me. If she is having post-partum depression, then probably it would be most beneficial for her to smile to her liver, as a liver blood deficiency (which is common in women who just had babies) can lead to depression. The liver stores blood, and a lot of blood is lost in delievery. Adding the liver healing sound "shhh" would help as well. I'd also recommend some good liver cleansing herbs like Dandilion and Milk Thistle, as well as some good blood building herbs...

http://www.livestrong.com/article/364777-medicinal-herbs-for-blood-building/

Edited by dmattwads

Yeah, I like Milk thistle, I have it in concentrated liquid form and I think it tastes great!

Cilantro also works wonders.

Cilantro is a metal detoxification (kind taste like black liquorice) that is said to aid the pineal gland in a decalcification. Calcification happens due to flouride accumulation from water and toothpaste, as well as cleaning any heavy metals out of your pathways. More flouride is said to accumulate in your pineal gland (third eye) than in your teeth.