Sign in to follow this  
zerostao

world taiji day april 30th

http://ymaa.com/articles/world-taichi-qigong-day-across-the-world-april-30-2011

it would be way cool imo if some bums posted some vids of themselves doing a little tajiquan, short clips would be fine.

or if you wanted to mention your taiji teacher here is a good place.

if you are a taiji instructor feel free to promote yourself. afterall it is gonna be world taiji day :D

this morning i was walking into town. as i crossed the bridge

i noticed a white crane in a shallow pool of water in the creek.

i walked along the creek to get a closer view. her? stepping was fabulous

, her moves were slow and smooth. her strikes were highly efficient.

i watched her eat about a dozen times in just a few minutes.

i thought to myself, if i had been driving , i probably wouldnt have noticed this.

In the Pasadena area I'm pretty sure that for World Tai Chi day there's a pretty big gathering at Brookside Park (the park adjacent to the Rose Bowl). I haven't seen any listing for it around, but have been to one in past yrs - it's a natural place for it. There were lots of tai chi players.

everyone have a great weekend and saturday is world taiji day :):wub:

today was/is arbor day :wub: i know i am gonna go hug a tree then i will probably palm strike it :D

dang i was wanting to see some bums do their taiji :(

life is too short to be shy guys.

It's actually World Tai chi and Qigong Day and is also now known as World Healing Day which includes World Meditation Day, World Prayer Day, World Yoga Day and many others.

Edited by bindo

It's actually World Tai chi and Qigong Day and is also now known as World Healing Day which includes World Meditation Day, World Prayer Day, World Yoga Day and many others.

wow , what a busy day and wonderful day :)

no crane in the creek today but i saw 2 proud duck parents with 3 fluffy chicks.

no yoga for me today, but i did touch base with the others that you mentioned.

and it is also mow the lawn day here.

226204_1748503155691_1332182296_31725265_4767804_n.jpg

The Nashville Taiji Club performing the Guang Ping Yang Style competition short form at Dragon Park in Nashville, TN at the 2011 World Taiji & Qigong Day.

It was a great demonstration followed by an awesome XingYi demonstration by my Sifu in the yellow t-shirt and brown pants. I think we solidified our status as the outcasts in the Taiji & Qigong community here as we proceeded to wrestle and fight at the back while the other groups did their demonstrations.

If any Bums are interested in checking us out, we meet every weekday morning at Centennial Park at 6 a.m. for Master Henry Look's TIMA material, and Tuesday and Thursday evenings at the same location at 6:30 p.m. to do traditional Yang Cheng Fu material.

• Like 1

Prince, thank you so much. looks like a great time in the park.

i am always looking for an excuse to go to nashville.

after march madness comes april smile.gif

spring fishing and taiji day!! taiji fishing for some of us laugh.gif

anyways i liked this article from YMAA and thought i would share it with you bums.

http://ymaa.com/articles/yang-tai-chi-for-beginners

Thanks for the link! I was especially intrigued by the part about alpha waves in the brain creating a sort of wave propagation with the electromagnetic field of the Earth. VERY COOL!!! B)

i trust everyone had a great tai chi weekend?!! smile.gif

friday, me, mike, and tim had some taiji in mike's backyard.

saturday tim showed up at daybreak asking if we had done our taiji yet?

it was world taiji day and he had already done his dry.gif

so , yes i did play some taiji and bagua, i just realized now i didnt play any xingiyi huh.gif

i think my highlight of the weekend was doing a standing qigong in front of some flowering bush-like

tree, it had a pinkish/purple flower in full bloom, the bumble bees were doing their thing,

a robin landed in it and watched, the energy was very soothing.

thinking of having a bagua day gathering.

• Like 1

http://ymaa.com/articles/world-taichi-qigong-day-across-the-world-april-30-2011

it would be way cool imo if some bums posted some vids of themselves doing a little tajiquan, short clips would be fine.

or if you wanted to mention your taiji teacher here is a good place.

if you are a taiji instructor feel free to promote yourself. afterall it is gonna be world taiji day :D

Classical Tai Chi, Wu Family

I teach this approach in the Sacramento region of California. No World tai chi day activity today, but I am certainly celebrating getting to know this school.

Happy World Taiji Day! :wub:

(zero, can we clean up you taiji woodsmen and bring your show into the urban arena? ;))

:) rbv, we are not gonna clean up nearly as nice as those artists on that video. that was excellent , thanks for sharing. i saw it had been uploaded by bing. bing always has some great videos to view.

Sign in to follow this