Thunder_Gooch

Can you explain this riddle?

My best explanation (even though I don't think the poem is actually asking for one, but that the question is part of the poem itself) is that perception is incredibly powerful.

He wanted 'shi shi' but got 'shi shi' instead. Ten lions or stone lions. Which is it? Shi shi shi shi.

How about this one?

Dogfish dog fish, fish dog dogfish dogfish dog. Fish fish dogfish, dogfish fish fish fish fish, dogfish fish dogfish.

Here is my swing at it.

Shi craved power. He went to great effort to get it. He ended up with too much energy (dripping water that needed to be controlled). His striving was for naught. His efforts to attain could have been found by staying at home. (ie Lions turned to stone, like the house he left).

To me its a riddle is about staying where you are and cultivating, not looking for lions, they'll only turn to stone.

There is one word yet it has many meanings. Their meanings combine to show the power of oneness; the one word (in romanized form) is so powerful it becomes incomprehensible.

He wanted to show that one 'thing' (事-shi, so a self-explained riddle) is what this is all about; yet it it not enough to use one sense (listen) to comprehend; one needs the whole of senses to get the whole of meaning (you need to be able to see the words, not just listen).

Here is my swing at it.

Shi craved power. He went to great effort to get it. He ended up with too much energy (dripping water that needed to be controlled). His striving was for naught. His efforts to attain could have been found by staying at home. (ie Lions turned to stone, like the house he left).

To me its a riddle is about staying where you are and cultivating, not looking for lions, they'll only turn to stone.

Yay!!❤