Realize this every day. There is no tomorrow.

That is correct in a way. Today is only yesterday's tomorrow. Can't go back the yesterday and we can't jump forward into tomorrow. We have to live today.

Good advice indeed, but a task that takes a life time to realize on it's own.

Very true. If I am too focused on the mythical "tomorrow", then I will never appreciate and experience "right now".

That said, I am not ready yet to "live every day like it's my last day" (a related concept). If I lived that way, I'd never plan or build anything, never manage my energy from day to day, never work for a long-term solution. I would only be focused on experiences, and less so on deepening relationships. Why stretch or cultivate or save money or raise a child, if I deny the existence of a "tomorrow" that will benefit from my efforts today?

Edited by Otis

Easy to say, important to remember, easy to forget.

But hard to do sometimes when memories keep interrupting us.

Yesterday, today, and tomorrow are all right now, like in a great big ball containing vast numbers of strings yet all of that ball together is still only right now.

That is correct in a way. Today is only yesterday's tomorrow. Can't go back the yesterday and we can't jump forward into tomorrow. We have to live today.

Reminds me of the Uriah Heep tune "Circle of Hands"

"Today is only yesterday's tomorrow"

"Every day sends future to past, every breath leaves me one less to my last" - Pull me under

Dream Theater

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=cKhfkfnbAMQ

Leaves me breathless actually! :lol:

There is no time either, only change. If we take time from a scientifical perspective it will only give us a measurement of change.

There is only a constant flow of energy and we are like fish inside the big moving pond, lol.

Edited by Gerard

Reminds me of the Uriah Heep tune "Circle of Hands"

"Today is only yesterday's tomorrow"

That is likely where my thought came from. I have a pretty complete collection of their music.

"Every day sends future to past, every breath leaves me one less to my last" - Pull me under

Dream Theater

Leaves me breathless actually! :lol:

That is a pretty good song. Can't remember ever hearing it before.

You're right. It never actually gets here. I think gratitude for Now is the key to everything.

If I may...

Realize this every moment, it is always, ever, now.

This is what all of the traditions are trying to tell us about eternal life and immortality and so on. Living deeply here and now with complete awareness and connection is to live eternally. Forget about trying to cheat death or worrying about reincarnation and future lives and what happens after death. It is those who don't know what to do with this life who are so preoccupied with what comes after and having future lives. If you live deeply in every moment, death holds no power over you.

Edited by steve f
  • Like 2

Synchronicity being what it is, they were just playing the This Is It video on some channel. (This Is It being the title of this thread and all)

I've never seen that video before. What an incredibly powerful message Michael Jackson had at the end of the movie:

If you want to make the world a better place

Take a look at the man in the mirror

And start there with

The Change

(or something like that)

though I have no idea who this guys is, I very much like his timeless way of seeing how we react to what is happening in this blog about the Law of Attraction.

http://www.stevepavlina.com/blog/2007/08/complaining/

It starts to boggle the mind, but like what has already been mentioned, it does make sense from a divine persepctive. To sum it up, how we react after something happened actually played a part in why it happened in the first place! Talk about quantum entanglement!

living today like it was your last is a good test of what you truly value, not particularly good advice for those who are materialistic hedonists! Infact, it might be said that is why the world is like it is. "I'll do what I like to whom i like" mentalities are rampant, would that change if they knew they would die at sun set? Can't tell from here, future hard to see....

living today like it was your last is a good test of what you truly value, not particularly good advice for those who are materialistic hedonists! Infact, it might be said that is why the world is like it is. "I'll do what I like to whom i like" mentalities are rampant, would that change if they knew they would die at sun set? Can't tell from here, future hard to see....

Have you seen "Children of Men"? It posits a future, after mankind suddenly becomes barren, and stops bearing children. Without hope for a future, society just crumbles.