Apech, Stop Banning Members & Locking Topics !

Apech,

Why do you continue banning valued members & locking interesting threads !

You are the only one turning people away from this forum with your high & mighty attitude. I wont be returning until your position is reviewed.

Ex Taobum.

• Like 1

Apech,

Why do you continue banning valued members & locking interesting threads !

You are the only one turning people away from this forum with your high & mighty attitude. I wont be returning until your position is reviewed.

Ex Taobum.

Authority issues hey? :lol:

• Like 2

Well, when I banned some folks I got 6 + points from members and this time when I locked a thread I got four. So I guess I felt encouraged by this.

Seriously I am doing what I and the Mod Team think is best for the forum - if anyone has a constructive critique of what I am doing I am willing to listen and learn. But if you are just going to hurl insults like 'weak, cry baby and spoilt brat' then farewell and good luck.

A.

I know i shouldn't ask this but what's the reason for banning some members?

More importantly, why were some threads banned? Please give examples of banned threads so we can learn to self-moderate.

Ta

Edited by bodyoflight
  • Like 2

More importantly, why were some threads banned? Please give examples of banned threads so we can learn to self-moderate.

Ta

This ^^^

You guys need to remember, when you are on someone else's forum they are in charge not you. I created my own forum, and it suits my needs a lot better than this place, if you don't like it here you are free to do the same.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 3

Apech has my 110% vote of confidence in his ability to be a very fair and even-handed moderator. If you don't like the fact that moderators have to take action then I guess you are free to frequent other forums more to your liking.

:D

• Like 4

Ta

No threads have been banned. Some have been locked and some have been moved to off topic. Either they were not really Taoist discussion or they were repetitive slanging matches between certain parties.

The main reason for suspending or banning is repeated insults. There has also been an outbreak of multi-posting and some trolling. Read the Moderation Guidelines if you what to know what is ok and what is not. If there seems to be more moderation recently then it is because of people not respecting these rules which are how Sean who owns the site wants things to be done.

Believe it or not moderation is a pain which takes up a lot of time. Most of it is deleting spam and helping other members sort out tech probs and so on (this bit is not a pain). If people respect the guidelines then we don't have to do anything much ... which would be great.

A.

• Like 9

Bear in mind that the vast majority of taobums never need to be moderated by an external source, they actually do it themselves very beautifully. Thanks to all the members who use the board so productively, interestingly, and respectfully.

:)

That leaves a few members who abuse their forum membership with multi handling, trolling, clique infighting, and insulting other members repeatedly.

;)

Apech has done a lot of tedious work moderating some very inapropriate use of the forum, and thanks go to him for doing it with such good grace. Thanks Apech.

:wub:

• Like 5

Before the current crop of moderators were selected, Sean did it all by himself and folks got away with a lot more.

Part of that was Sean's philosophy toward moderation and part was due to the sheer volume of posts that needed to be reviewed.

I don't think the increased moderation activity has limited the freedom of expression or exchange in any meaningful way.

It has limited the nastiness, however.

I think the moderators do a very good job.

Unfortunately, conflict seems to be a part of human nature and a lot of folks don't value civility.

As long as that is reality, forums like this need moderation.

• Like 3

My favorite!

:wub:

Yep. That is beautiful. The guitar is played in a style called "Slack Key". I love the music althoug I haven't listened to it for a while.

PS to Apech: You just keep on keeping on. In my opinion you have been doing a great job. (And you took the heat off Mal. Hehehe.)

NO! I'M SPARTACUS!!!!.....

...I think I'm on the wrong thread.

Apech has done a lot of tedious work

I couldn't have said it better myself! I remember the days when he was a dustman down Manchester way, it was a really tedious job, yet he did it with gusto!

Also there was the time when he was a tedious milkman. None were more tedious than he!

The strange thing that always confused me was how satisfied all the single mums were with his service. That I never understood.

(And you took the heat off Mal. Hehehe.)

Did you not know there is no Apech(7), it's Mal in disguise! Mal is somewhere on a remote island pressing shiny buttons connected to satellites...and playing the playstation, intent on world domination....or high scores.

• Like 2

I couldn't have said it better myself! I remember the days when he was a dustman down Manchester way, it was a really tedious job, yet he did it with gusto!

Also there was the time when he was a tedious milkman. None were more tedious than he!

The strange thing that always confused me was how satisfied all the single mums were with his service. That I never understood.

"Good morning madam, would you like some extra cream?"

"Good morning madam, can a satisfy you with a doorstep delivery?"

These are the lines that always worked for me.

Did you not know there is no Apech(7), it's Mal in disguise! Mal is somewhere on a remote island pressing shiny buttons connected to satellites...and playing the playstation, intent on world domination....or high scores.

Oh, No! Don't tell me he realized Stig's Island Of The Unknown and went there to live out the remainder of his life!

Edit to add:

Just imagine, if you can, one of those lovely Polynesians belly dancing while wearing their lovely grass skirts. Or perhaps a lovely Turkish belly dancer wearing a grass skirt.

Edited by Marblehead

"Good morning madam, would you like some extra cream?"

"Good morning madam, can a satisfy you with a doorstep delivery?"

These are the lines that always worked for me.

There's no need to be vulgar!

Right, that does it, I'm making a 'citizens forum banning'!

Apech(7), by the power vested in me, I do hereby ban you from further postings on this forum, or any other forum known to man (or woman), so that our fellow man (or woman), can rest in peace without the fear of online tyranny.

That'll learn you!

ps. At least you didn't mention anything about 'filling up her milkbox', so all is not lost. I'm sure with rehabilitation you will be allowed back online again.

Oh, No! Don't tell me he realized Stig's Island Of The Unknown and went there to live out the remainder of his life!

Stig has an island? Wait a minute... I thought Mal had the Dr.No island. Mal's much more tech-savvy than Stig; I'm not sure Stig could run an island geared towards world domination by himself. He'd get distracted by pretty girls in grass skirts and flowers and breathing and stuff.

Stig has an island? Wait a minute... I thought Mal had the Dr.No island. Mal's much more tech-savvy than Stig; I'm not sure Stig could run an island geared towards world domination by himself. He'd get distracted by pretty girls in grass skirts and flowers and breathing and stuff.

Hehehe. Based on some of the posts Mal has made I think he is just as distractable as Stig is.

World domination? Where did that idea come from? No, Stig's island is one of wu wei. There will be no 'doing' allowed there.

Just happens I am listening to belly dancing music today. No, no videos. That would be too distracting. My mind is already doing a good job all on its own.

Just happens I am listening to belly dancing music today. No, no videos. That would be too distracting. My mind is already doing a good job all on its own.

Do you have indigestion? That would explain the music.

Do you have indigestion? That would explain the music.

Hehehe. Nope. Just wanted to listen to something different today.

Edit to add:

Just imagine, if you can, one of those lovely Polynesians belly dancing while wearing their lovely grass skirts. Or perhaps a lovely Turkish belly dancer wearing a grass skirt.

24.gif

cartoon%203.jpg

Truth will out, Apech, we even know about your "bread".

Hehehe. The only British comedian I enjoy listening to.