3bob

Divine power

There are a great many types of powers that human beings can cultivate, namely for or against the common ground and or for what could be termed the common good, which obviously includes development for individuals; such is part of what we "do".

Whereas the Divine Power is something we may prepare for but it is not something we choose for ourselves or dominate with manipulations in any way! The Divine and or greater root power is the one that makes the choice through laws and compassion whether or not to fully have us, (in a manner of speaking) thus it is not us who can take or get Her through any force of "cultivations", and in my limited experience to think such is to be 180 degrees out of sync.

Om

Edited by 3bob

There are a great many types of powers that human beings can cultivate, namely for or against the common ground and or for what could be termed the common good, which obviously includes development for individuals; such is part of what we "do".

Whereas the Divine Power is something we may prepare for but it is not something we choose for ourselves or dominate with manipulations in any way! The Divine and or greater root power is the one that makes the choice through laws and compassion whether or not to fully have us, (in a manner of speaking) thus it is not us that decides to or can then take or get Her through force of "cultivations" - ime to think such is to be 180 degrees out of sync.

Om

SO how can one then prepare for these divine powers if you're not taking measures to make one a better conduit for these divine powers?

Or we'l have to wait for the end of the freaking UNiverse for it to FORCE us on the "right path" by then it may be totally destructive.

• Like 1

SO how can one then prepare for these divine powers if you're not taking measures to make one a better conduit for these divine powers?

Or we'l have to wait for the end of the freaking UNiverse for it to FORCE us on the "right path" by then it may be totally destructive.

Well in context to your question/comment I didn't mean "power's" per se --- as much as I meant the root power, and She decides who, what, when or where without motives derived by, from or just for mankind or individuals.

The Tao Teh Ching (among many other teachings) directly and also with alludings points to preparations far better then this one...

Om

Reminds me of something Wayne Wang spoke briefly to in his "Dynamic Tao" when speaking to the concept of when a person looses "Tao". Basically, we can loose Tao but Tao never looses us and is always ready to recieve us back whenever we are ready to return.

Reminds me of something Wayne Wang spoke briefly to in his "Dynamic Tao" when speaking to the concept of when a person looses "Tao". Basically, we can loose Tao but Tao never looses us and is always ready to recieve us back whenever we are ready to return.

Hello MH,

Sounds true to me in the sense that if all are under (and or within) the One then how could any really be lost to the One. (and even further with the One being under The Tao!)

Good Day

If it must be "wrong or right" then it always forces the right path because it does not get things wrong. But personally I'd say it does neither. Universe doesn't have problems with our problems, we do.

• Like 1

If it must be "wrong or right" then it always forces the right path because it does not get things wrong.

If you've ever been to recovery meetings you will see over and over again how "wrong" paths forces the right path. These people are actually lucky in the sense that there is such a tried and true structure in place for delving into self, the vessel. The path to recovery is not for sissies; it's a real nasty mirror.

It's a heck of a price tag. But I think anyone here would agree that whatever it takes to attain the goal of peace of heart and self realization is worth every penny of it. It sure was to me.

Yeah. I was mainly referring to the fact that we operate on borrowed power, and what we use it for doesn't really alter this.

The power doesn't directly object to anything. We are just as free to do "wrong" things with it as we are to do "right" things with it. Being able to alter one's self with chemicals is a borrowed power from nature. And it doesn't prevent us at all. There are consequences but we are still free to do whatever of our own volition.

It could be a power to destroy ourselves if we wish, and it will not object or stop us directly, but we will be destroyed because it does not fail in consequence.

Yeah. I was mainly referring to the fact that we operate on borrowed power, and what we use it for doesn't really alter this.

The power doesn't directly object to anything. We are just as free to do "wrong" things with it as we are to do "right" things with it. Being able to alter one's self with chemicals is a borrowed power from nature. And it doesn't prevent us at all. There are consequences but we are still free to do whatever of our own volition.

It could be a power to destroy ourselves if we wish, and it will not object or stop us directly, but we will be destroyed because it does not fail in consequence.

There's a lot of wisdom in there. Thanks for sharing.

Our "own volition" is limited to the lesser powers. (so to speak)

For there is an inductive/reactance like force built into the misuse of greater power, that means resistance and with resistance comes heat and with heat things begin to burn up, thus without zero resistance or ego great power can never flow.

(regarless of personal volition or will)

Om

• Like 1

I would call it a Divine Presence; Power seems to give too much to the idea of volition. We are only limited by our awareness and connection. If we only think in physical terms (right, wrong, take, get, etc), I think we miss the boat on this.

• Like 1

I would call it a Divine Presence; Power seems to give too much to the idea of volition. We are only limited by our awareness and connection. If we only think in physical terms (right, wrong, take, get, etc), I think we miss the boat on this.

Good way of putting it. I used the word power in the sense of something like energy or electricity, not an exertion of control.

Just yet another place where connotation drastically changes the message.

I used the word power in the sense of something like energy or electricity, not an exertion of control.

I tend to just avoid using the 'power' word if I can and might even say vibrational energy at times. I think I can see the point being made but don't agree with the general premise and dichotomy of higher and root power. I like how you said the universe doesn't have a problem with our problems; and when you said we have the power to distroy ourselves, that is a good way of putting the self-sabotage syndrome too. We develop these patterns and what emerges, naturally, is our doing (and undoing).

Edited by dawei

The source of divine power is like a huge furnace that we can tap into as much as we want for whatever purpose by 'opening our vents'. We gain the ability to open the vents by doing the inner work, making ourselves a clear channel. Doubtless there are plenty of folks who have found ways to tap into the furnace by other mechanisms, but these 'open vents' will always be distorted by ego, unless the practitioner has done sufficient inner work to move himself out of the way of the Power.

The source of divine power is like a huge furnace that we can tap into as much as we want for whatever purpose by 'opening our vents'. We gain the ability to open the vents by doing the inner work, making ourselves a clear channel. Doubtless there are plenty of folks who have found ways to tap into the furnace by other mechanisms, but these 'open vents' will always be distorted by ego, unless the practitioner has done sufficient inner work to move himself out of the way of the Power.

Yes, and if I may add unconditionally moving "out of the way"... for then it is not shunted to purposes or even good intentions that we may want or see as being right, for the True Power is its own vast Wisdom, Love, and purpose flowing beyond just the needs or workings of "mankind" although mankind is also meant to be a noble steward for It.

Om

Yes, and if I may add unconditionally moving "out of the way"... for then it is not shunted to purposes or even good intentions that we may want or see as being right, for the True Power is its own vast Wisdom, Love, and purpose flowing beyond just the needs or workings of "mankind" although mankind is also meant to be a noble steward for It.

Om

Amen, brother