Lotus7

New song lyrics

Hello all,

I am a musician, been playing for many years. However, in the past all the lyrics I wrote just sounded kind of surface with no real meaning. Well, recently I have decided to change that, because to me not just my music, but any music, should mean something. So I started to write lyrics in an almost transcendental form, and ya know what? Not only is then writing better, but it means something to me.

Here are the lyrics tom a new song I just finished writing. Let me know what you think!

"Covering Darkness"

Show me how to live, the road is not so clear.

All that I took to the market, was sold in blood;

And turned to mud.

The sun and the moon and the stars in the sky

They keep flying by.

The path in the woods, it curves and it winds

Guiding my soul to light

Every step that I take, less fearful of the night.

Darkness only covers what I can't face,

Diamonds await me in this sacred place.

Show me how to live,

Not to escape.

Im calling to you like the cry of a wolf

Transcending a harvest moon.

Speak me the truth

Something I don't want to hear

Help me to grow, Show me the road.

Help me to grow, Open the gate

help me to grow, show me the road,

Even if incomplete.

Darkness only covers what I can't face,

Diamonds await me in this sacred place.

Show me how to live,

Not to escape.

Show me how to live

The road is not so clear...

Lotus - those words are beautiful. The ones that particularly hit me were

Show me how to Live,

Not how to Escape....

This seems to be at the basis of so many disagreements on this site. Perhaps even excessive meditation is a form of escape.

I too am a musician and found that when I became kundalini active my music changed all together. I play keyboard, used to be I always needed music. Now since the K-awakening, I can play by ear. More accurately, by soul.

This path of spirit seems to really bring the artists out in us, doesn't it? Thanks for taking the time to post your beautiful words...

Manitou,

Thank you so much for the kind words. It is always uplifting to hear positive feedback, especially from a fellow musician. Who knows, maybe we can collaborate on some music sometime!!

In regards to my song: There is an underlying tone to the words- to me it is to stop running from the things you must face in order to grow as a person and spiritual being. I have tried to run from many things in my life, only to find that I am running right back to the issue. There is a wonderful line from an Avett Brothers song that goes, "The weight of lies will bring you down, and follow you to every town. There's nothing happening here, that doesn't happen there."

There came a time in my meditation practice that I had to start facing some demons that I did not want to face. I tried to avoid the truths before me, but I never got anywhere, never succeeded in bypassing the hard road. I finally had to surrender and let something greater than my feeble mind guide me. I learned that I could no longer run from the nature of the universe and the karma that I had brought upon myself. So I faced many of those demons, and continue to face the more stubborn obstacles. Another lyric that would apply to this is a Ray Lamontagne song that goes, "Well I looked my demons in the eye, laid bare my chest and said do your best to destroy me!" There comes a time when everything will be brought to light, and there is no amount of hiding or retreating you can do to stop the dawn. I had two options: Be positive and work through these hinderances, or stay in the quicksand forever, being eaten alive by my own thoughts. I chose to live, not escape.

Anyways, there is a little background on my personal battles, :D But enough about me.

Manitou, I am very intrigued by Kundalini. I have done some research in the past on the subject. It seems that everytime I start reading anything to do with Kundalini or the Awakening process, I have a warm feeling wash over me as if the Universe is telling me this is in line with ITs Ultimate Truths and I should just go for it.

I would love to know where I could find some genuine valid reading material on kundalini, if you have the time.

Thank you again for the kind words! Love and light!

P.S.- I have some videos and recordings of some of my music if ya would like to hear them.

Not bad at all. I would like to hear how you set them to music. (I dabble myself in writing songs, and for me the hardest bit is the setting to music.) I am reminded of the Collective Soul song "Heaven let your light shine down"

To Manitou: excessive meditation doesnt exist IMO, because this psychological term "escape" may be true enough for the main run of society, but if you are cultivating earnestly, or so to speak, aligning your desires with those of the Tao, it is not escapist. That the activities of "escape" or cultivation overlap is just coincidental.

To Manitou: excessive meditation doesnt exist IMO, because this psychological term "escape" may be true enough for the main run of society, but if you are cultivating earnestly, or so to speak, aligning your desires with those of the Tao, it is not escapist. That the activities of "escape" or cultivation overlap is just coincidental.

You're right - bad analogy.

Lotus - is there a website where you have your music?