Stigweard

*** Ancient Taoist Texts Revealed ! *** (Maybe :-D)

It can be hard to find authentic texts on ancient Taoism.

Damned hard actually.

You look here ... you look there.

Some people can spend a lifetime looking without success.

Some people spend thousands of dollars finding the "right" book.

And there are predators out there as well, lying in wait for the desperate fool, craftily pawning off fakes and fraudulent texts to the unwary.

So if you are wondering why you can't get your hands on truly authentic Taoist texts I have very, very good news for you.

It took me a long time to realize this simple fact.

Hours of practice, years of insight to lead to a simple but eye-pooping realization.

Now I shouldn't be telling you this. There are rules you know ... secret and sacred agreements have bound people to silence for many centuries.

But now the secret is out ... it is time to lift the veil on this preciously guarded truth.

The reason why you can't find truly authentic Taoist texts is because...

You are in the ...

wong+fook+hing+book+store.jpg

Bahahahahaha !!!

24.gif

Edited by Stigweard
  • Like 2

Besides Laotze and Chungtze, the following are 15 most famous Taoist writings, some explain the principles well, some talk more about the details:

1.《陰符經 》 (Yin Fu Jin)

2.《 周易參同契 》(Can Tong qi )

3.《 悟真篇 》

4.《 唱道真言 》

5.《 伍柳仙宗 》(Wu-Liu Works)

6.《金丹大要 》

7.《 規中指南 》

8.《修真辨難 》(Liu Yi Ming's Writings)

9.《性命圭 旨 》

10.《 性命法訣明指 》

11.《 紫清指玄篇 》

12.《 鍾呂傳道集 》(Zhong-Liu Conversation)

13.《 抱 樸子 》

14.《淮南子 》((Wai Nan Jin)

15.《黃庭經 》(Huang Ting Jin )

No. 2 and 3 are the Taoist alchemy classics;Without others' explanation, nearly unreadable .

N0. 4 ,7 and 11, to me, talk about the highest Taoist method (上品丹法), mainly for gifted persons.

No. 8 is Liu Yi Ming's writing ; Liu seems to be the best guy who can explain the basic principles well.

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

Okay Stig. Stop messing with me. Hehehe.

Have you read "Taiyi shenshui"?

I am still reading Henricks' work of the translations of the finds at Guodian.

This work apparently predates Lao Tzu by many years but I have found some very Taoist concepts in what I have read so far.

The main point that readers of above-mentioned writings have to pay attention to when reading them is : What is the basis or tendency of each of these writings: whether it is Heaven-based (天元), Earth-based(地元) or Human-based(人元) , or both?

For example, no.3 is South school's classics, human-based stuff,so whenever it uses jargon such as "other party" ( 彼家 ) or " same species" ( 同類) it likely refers to something of the female; and, whenever it talks about dual cultivation, it likely refers to something happens in between the female and male.

On the other hand, In Wu-Liu writings, no.5, which is North school's Heaven-based stuff , whenever it talks about dual cultivation never does it refer to male and female , but the intercourse between the Spiritual Nature(性) and Life(命) in the practitioner's body .

Edited by exorcist_1699
  • Like 1

This just released from singing dragon press. Transliterated as ( a joke could be made here but I refrain) Can Dong Qi, translated as Secret of Everlasting Life. It looks very good to my sense of the text.

Anyone know of it?

I wonder how many people actually read the opening posts ??

:lol:

I read it laughed out loud :lol: Thanks for bringing a chuckle to my day.

I read it laughed out loud :lol: Thanks for bringing a chuckle to my day.

Now I catch it laugh.gif

I wonder how many people actually read the opening posts ??

:lol:

I was wondering that too. I'm still laughing. Great photo.

This just released from singing dragon press. Transliterated as ( a joke could be made here but I refrain) Can Dong Qi, translated as Secret of Everlasting Life. It looks very good to my sense of the text.

Anyone know of it?

It is actually called the Can Tong Qi (The Key to joining the Three) and was mentioned by exorcist in his list. This translation is not of the oldest variation of this text, supposedly going back to early external alchemy. Even the external alchemical version was one of the key texts for the inner alchemy tradition. I don't know about this "modern version" 16th c. but my guess is it should contain worthwhile information for the neidan practitioner if the translator is any good. The key focus of this text is the relationship of the yijing hexagrams to the process of transformations.

It is actually called the Can Tong Qi (The Key to joining the Three) and was mentioned by exorcist in his list. This translation is not of the oldest variation of this text, supposedly going back to early external alchemy. Even the external alchemical version was one of the key texts for the inner alchemy tradition. I don't know about this "modern version" 16th c. but my guess is it should contain worthwhile information for the neidan practitioner if the translator is any good. The key focus of this text is the relationship of the yijing hexagrams to the process of transformations.

Thank you xHSG, I didn't see it as part of the list above originally even though I read that post by exorcist. I was focussed on the translated title not on the transliterated one. I don't have time or inclination at this point in my life spending time on old texts east or west. Practice time is premium with a family of three kids.

Bill

• Like 1