Sign in to follow this  
mewtwo

john chang biokinetic energy control no chi involved?

Ok first i would like to point out that i am not some guy wanting super powers like some of you think. I just have alot of curiosity. anyways i dont want any posts on this thread belittling me or my style ect.

So um i was watching a video the old documentary on john chang but this one had a voice over done by someone for a documentry for like the history channel. They said that john chang could control his biokinetic energy or the electrical curent that flows thru us enough to give some one a shock is this true? or is he useing chi?

Ok first i would like to point out that i am not some guy wanting super powers like some of you think. I just have alot of curiosity. anyways i dont want any posts on this thread belittling me or my style ect.

So um i was watching a video the old documentary on john chang but this one had a voice over done by someone for a documentry for like the history channel. They said that john chang could control his biokinetic energy or the electrical curent that flows thru us enough to give some one a shock is this true? or is he useing chi?

I'm pretty sure most would agree that "biokinetic energy" (more accurately: bio-electromagnetic energy) = chi. Edited by fizix

The three treasures in Qigong are Jing, Qi, and Shen. All three are energies. The body is a kind of bio-electromagnetic field; the cells contain magnetism and the bones are piezoelectric. So we are capable to generate a kind of energy or force. So I agree with what fizix said in a more brief way.

Dr. Yang Jwing-Ming has a nice section on this in his The Root of Chinese Qigong. He raises an interesting thought: If electricity requires a electromagnet force (EMF) to move, how does the mind become an EMF (thoughts transform to a force or energy)?

My impression of what John Chang did was to completely merge Yin and Yang energies into his lower dan tian (although I think he says it occurs in the lower perineum--bottom of the Tai Ji Pole); his practice allowed him to store it in some sort of depolarized form, as one; then he is able to generate it as if using a dial (ie: generates a certain percent of Yin vs Yang, depending on what the application is).

I think whether it is truly an 'energy' or not is difficult to say since it seems it cannot be measured on volt or amp meters; also in his book there are examples where it appears to defy the laws of thermodynamics. So it may be some force form we have never defined or can account for on some level (maybe because some of what he does incorporates the Shen).

At the sake of appearing to possess morbid curiosity, I experimented while flying on business trips; I reasoned that maybe at 33,000 feet the Yang Qi was a little stronger than being on the ground, so I "tested" some meditative ideas which I thought might generate a "shock"; yes.. I tried to shock myself :wacko:

Sign in to follow this