Sign in to follow this  
Bum Grasshopper

Aromatherapy

I'm thinking of combining aromatherapy with my practice. There is no doubt about how a smell can effect your state of mind. Trouble is the amount of sites out there making making wild claims just to get a buck.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with this and can make some recommendations so I don't waste my time and money? I really want to give this a serious shot.

Reputable websites? Best equipment/ products?

And what should I stay away from?

I'm thinking of combining aromatherapy with my practice. There is no doubt about how a smell can effect your state of mind. Trouble is the amount of sites out there making making wild claims just to get a buck.

Anyway, does anyone have any experience with this and can make some recommendations so I don't waste my time and money? I really want to give this a serious shot.

Reputable websites? Best equipment/ products?

And what should I stay away from?

Are you going to include aromatherapy in every aspect of your practice? Here's my qualms with using external tools of the five senses as an aid to practice. One, perhaps you're not as anal about it as me, but in a sense you are being dependent on something to reach a certain state of mind/being. Call me a purist, but I think that raw, unadulterated practice will result in the best outcome in terms of energetic and spiritual development. If you consistently and habitually use a tool to 'assist' in practice your body/mind/spirit will adapt and become dependent on the tool... who wants to be dependent on something in the context of what should be the most pure and independent practice in the first place? I am a heavy believer of emptiness meditation as the most efficient route to realization.... and a fixation on any of the worldly senses is going to impede progress.

Use pure incense if you use it for meditative practices.

Or, I like to use oil in water, over a flame.

Frankincence and Myhrr are powerful ones.

Edited by Immortal4life

Gary Young the owner of Young living oils wrote a book long time ago about his learning

experiences with oils for healing and where to place them. Interesting you wrote this I was using oils with palms, feet and top of head during some gong. Youngs theory was that the hertz frequency of some oils conduct through the nervous system either raising or lower it. he was using for curing diseases. I used Frankincense and Berget both high frequency and was thinking of flower essences as well. It makes sense in a heightened magnetic and more ionized state the oils would conduct stronger. Also was thinking about oils traditional use for blessing, initiation or anointing where is is placed on the head and the anointers hands on top. the oil increasing conductivity within a specific range

My linkvoid state or emptiness is achieved between two frequency which resonance degrades towards zero.

could be an interesting experience

Edited by torus693
  • Like 1

Are you going to include aromatherapy in every aspect of your practice? Here's my qualms with using external tools of the five senses as an aid to practice. One, perhaps you're not as anal about it as me, but in a sense you are being dependent on something to reach a certain state of mind/being. Call me a purist, but I think that raw, unadulterated practice will result in the best outcome in terms of energetic and spiritual development. If you consistently and habitually use a tool to 'assist' in practice your body/mind/spirit will adapt and become dependent on the tool... who wants to be dependent on something in the context of what should be the most pure and independent practice in the first place? I am a heavy believer of emptiness meditation as the most efficient route to realization.... and a fixation on any of the worldly senses is going to impede progress.

I respectfully but whole heartedly disagree with this philosophy. The goal at least for me is enlightenment, union with the divine, oneness, consciousness, bliss or whatever you call it. However I get there is fine. Sound therapy helps. Aromatherapy helps. Proper nutrition helps. Even physical therapy like massage can help. Whatever it takes to get there.

I think it is beneficial to use all modalities that will help you to reach your spiritual goal. Once you reach enlightenment, you don't fall out of consiousness do you (really, I don't the know the answer)? So if you could take a pill and that pill would liberate your soul, why would you sit for years in meditation and possibly not get there?

Sign in to follow this