Sign in to follow this  
surfingbudda

Jinx's?

Id'e like to hear people's opinions of Jinx's and why they occur. I don't know about other people but I have definitely had enough experiences to confirm the existence of jinxs in my own life. It seems that if I even just think something like, at least this would never happen...then next thing I know thats the first thing that happens. I remember my dad watching the Dodgers Game a while back and was completely saying how impressed he was with this new pitcher who was pitching his first game and my dad kept saying he's pitching an amazing game giving away not a single run, and then literally as my dad was saying this he gave up like 3 homeruns and the had to take him out. Another baseball example is that I know when a pitcher is coming close to pitching a perfect game, the announcers will not even mention anything about a perfect game in the attempt to not jinx anything. Another example is one time me and my family were at this restaurant where the food was way better than we expected, the service was outstanding and our waitress was super nice. Well my dad completely complemented the whole experience to the waitress and she said thankyou, and then we ordered coffee and dessert. Well after that, it was like the whole energy of everything changed, our waitress completely forgot about us for about 30 minutes and we almost decided to leave and the dessert when it finally came was mediocre at best, even the waitress's attitude seemed to change; me and my family were all amazed at the transformation of the place after we gave the high compliments. I've also found that when I get so excited about something it usually doesn't turn out good. For example a while ago I was in the boyscouts and we were going to go on a skiing trip and I was SOOO excited, everyday almost I would say how I can't wait for it and how I'm so excited to go. Well one the day of the trip out of no where I get the Flu. I went to school completely fine, but somewhere half way through school I started feeling bad and then by the time I was supposed to leave for the trip I could barely move I felt so sick, I was so disappointed I couldn't go. The list could go on forever on other examples of Jinx's I have experienced.

So why does this stuff happen? My only explanation would be its the Universe's way of making us not take stuff for granite and not live in the future, to just focus on the present. Anyone else has some interesting Jinx experiences or any insights about them?

Excitement heightens awareness and opens you to possibilities. When you are open, just about anything can get in.

Who didn't jinx the pitcher? Find this person, and ask them what happened from their perspective.

Sign in to follow this