ejr1069

Best practice(s) to cultiavte a lot of energy?

If I can ever get my kundalini to really rise rather than whatever it is doing now, I am assuming that I will have a truckload of energy when/if that happens.

In the interim, I would like to cultivate a lot of energy. I used to take ephedra, man, that seemed to generate a ton of energy. But this time I would like to do it in a more healthy manner. What techniques, meditations, postures do you all enjoy that also help you to be vibrant and energetic throughout the day?

Any specific form of qigong?

AYP?

Tai Chi?

Any specific meditation?

Kunlun?

I presetnly do Zhan Zhuang but the practice has grown a tad stale and I have become undisciplined and inconsitant in that practice. I am thinking that something new might generate some new enthusiasm.

The ones that generate the most energy for me are:

- ZZ

- Standing, arms out to the sides horizontally, left palm up, right palm down.

I've been doing only these two now and stopped everything else except sitting meditation, which i do after every standing and it has generated more energy that i've ever been able to accumulate doing other things.

I can feel a watery energy flowing all around my body intensely just from these too.

I also practice retention and reverse and regular abdominal breathing with all practices.

I think it's really just a matter of getting your head out of the grass and just sticking to one thing.

If you know 1000 forms and practice each once per day you will not be better than he who practices one form 1000 times a day.

A lot of the main practices we have here on the forum are all very powerful in their own right. You simply need to chose one and throw away your expectations and just practice, they will all yield results. And also be confident in yourself and be proud of yourself and be loving of yourself and be thankful of yourself. You need to have the right mindset to help your body facilitate all the physical and psychological changes. Negative moods and intension in my experience do not help.

Good luck.

• Like 2

The ones that generate the most energy for me are:

- ZZ

- Standing, arms out to the sides horizontally, left palm up, right palm down.

I've been doing only these two now and stopped everything else except sitting meditation, which i do after every standing and it has generated more energy that i've ever been able to accumulate doing other things.

I can feel a watery energy flowing all around my body intensely just from these too.

I also practice retention and reverse and regular abdominal breathing with all practices.

I think it's really just a matter of getting your head out of the grass and just sticking to one thing.

If you know 1000 forms and practice each once per day you will not be better than he who practices one form 1000 times a day.

A lot of the main practices we have here on the forum are all very powerful in their own right. You simply need to chose one and throw away your expectations and just practice, they will all yield results. And also be confident in yourself and be proud of yourself and be loving of yourself and be thankful of yourself. You need to have the right mindset to help your body facilitate all the physical and psychological changes. Negative moods and intension in my experience do not help.

Good luck.

Thank you very much.

I am curious to know:

1. Which ZZ postures do you do and for how long?

2. Standing with left palm up and right palm down...how long? Any visualizations during this posture?

Thank you very much.

I am curious to know:

1. Which ZZ postures do you do and for how long?

2. Standing with left palm up and right palm down...how long? Any visualizations during this posture?

1. I hold the ball at the chest and at the lower abdomen so those two postures.

2. I visualize energy coming down from the sky into the center of the left palm through the arm into the center of the chest (i hold here for 2 seconds) then breath out through the right arm into the center of the palm facing down and push the energy out towards the earth.

Then i mostly just sit there and use my hands to breathe in through the soles of the feet up the legs up the central line and breathe out pushing up through the chest neck top of head into the sky. Then on the way down, breath in again from the head down into around the heart, then breath out as you push the energy through the legs into the ground. All the time using the hands to guide the energy, so palms up when ure going up and palms down when you're going down. I visualize the energy from the earth waving up my legs and body opening all the channels and vice versa.

Then you finish with sitting meditation.

Works for me O_o

Edited by effilang

Excellent. I will give this practice a try and see how I feel with it.

Nonrelated question: what do the trees in your avatar symbolize?

If I can ever get my kundalini to really rise rather than whatever it is doing now, I am assuming that I will have a truckload of energy when/if that happens.

In the interim, I would like to cultivate a lot of energy.

I'm curious. What do you want all that energy for?

• Like 1

I'm curious. What do you want all that energy for?

Well, I have always been a high energy guy. I have lived at the gym most of my life. But since the Kundalini started awakening, I have morphed into a low energy person. I can't make it through a single day without taking at least one nap, often more. My strength is WAY down. So I guess I would like to cultivate more energy to feel normal again and to defeat the chronic fatigue that has plagued me the last 4 years.

Now, as far as the kundalini energy goes, I have no idea what to do with that if it ever chooses to rise. I didn't ask for this to happen to me, it just did. The whole experience has been quite awful. So I have no idea what to do with this K energy, if anything. I have read about everything from tantric practices to being a healer to being a shaman. Thing is, how in the world can you pick a spiritual path when you have nobody to mentor you and you can't experience the path to see if it's something you would want to do with your life? I go various meetup groups and people talk about being "co-creators" or the world being an illusion. That is simply not my experience so I have trouble relating to them.

So for now, my goal is simply to reach enlightenment,to experience the consciousness/unity I have read and heard so much about and to lead a happy productive life.

1. I hold the ball at the chest and at the lower abdomen so those two postures.2. I visualize energy coming down from the sky into the center of the left palm through the arm into the center of the chest (i hold here for 2 seconds) then breath out through the right arm into the center of the palm facing down and push the energy out towards the earth.

Then i mostly just sit there and use my hands to breathe in through the soles of the feet up the legs up the central line and breathe out pushing up through the chest neck top of head into the sky. Then on the way down, breath in again from the head down into around the heart, then breath out as you push the energy through the legs into the ground. All the time using the hands to guide the energy, so palms up when ure going up and palms down when you're going down. I visualize the energy from the earth waving up my legs and body opening all the channels and vice versa.

Then you finish with sitting meditation.

Works for me O_o

Just curious, when if first began holding the ball at the heart and lower abdomen, did you notice initially less energy for a little while?

IF it is a Kundalini why you have not contacted Shakti Mama here in the TB?

I had not yet contacted her because I was not aware of her. Thank you.

This may seem a bit silly (or maybe not) but IMO just changing your environment and opening to the boundless energy around you can greatly amplify any practice you do.

Well, I have always been a high energy guy.

ejr,

In the other tread you mentioned that you have been practicing ZZ as in the Way of Energy (L K Chuen). Did you try the postures from his next book, The Way of Power? He says those postures generate more power / qi flow.

I just started doing them so can't report anything meaningful so far.

ejr,

In the other tread you mentioned that you have been practicing ZZ as in the Way of Energy (L K Chuen). Did you try the postures from his next book, The Way of Power? He says those postures generate more power / qi flow.

I just started doing them so can't report anything meaningful so far.

I actually have tried some of the poses in the next book, but I don't like them as much. They seem to be more complex postures leaving more room for error in form. The instructions do not seem to me to be as clear or precise either. If I had an instructor, I think the next series of postures would be good to learn. Let me know what you think as you develop in this new practice.

PS...I found the 2nd book on-line somewhere as a free pdf download.

Zhan Zhuan barefoot on the earth? ie Earthing?

Hua Shan Pai Do Ga Qigong is also pretty powerful.

I like the Five Tibetans also.

These are my main practices.