Sign in to follow this  
Encephalon

Chi flow after 48 days of post-surgery Vicodin consumption

INteresting that you didn't stay on the Vic for 49 days. According to my teacher this is the amount of time it takes for a new regimen to become completely entrenched and replace old patterns. Looks like you stopped the drugs just in time :-)

Craig

• Like 1

Good to hear things are improving S. Just be patient with yourself. I'm still waiting to be able to do Kung Fu properly again (I can't even imagine doing jujitsu :lol:) and at least Tai Chi is starting to feel {mostly} painless.

I keep reminding myself it's not about where I was, or where I want to be. It's about just feeling where I am right now and enjoying that (although it would be really nice to hit my friends again B))

• Like 1

Interestingly enough, I can zero in on my fancy new titanium shoulder joint very easily and can direct it down to my finer tips with ease...

That's a great sign, Scott; hopefully that awareness will expedite your healing. Glad you're recovering well, and are off the pain meds.

I felt compelled to address what I thought was a major mischaracterization of Buddhism

I know exactly where you're coming from. I have dealt with my issues regarding this also and now I see the path clearly.

Blasto,

good luck with your recovery. the shoulder is one of those areas many folks have trouble with in regards to chi flow. with the vicodin, the amount of tylenol alone

contained would be worrisome.

my guess is, you will make a complete recovery. remember it is thru consistent practice, little by little that over time , brings great rewards.

Sign in to follow this