brawnypandora0

Can a serial killer be a taoist?

Suppose killing gives someone pleasure and happiness. Even if he is insane (most serial killers are not), can he be considered a taoist if he believes in its basic premises?

Why do you ask so many questions that have obvious answers? If you actually do not know this answer, then I'll enlighten you in regards to the answer.

No. Why? Because the act of killing for pleasure is not in tune with our original nature or Tao. Tao is the Way, not the Way to do whatever you want that feels good.

Aaron

Suppose killing gives someone pleasure and happiness. Even if he is insane (most serial killers are not), can he be considered a taoist if he believes in its basic premises?

Never have a been so close to using the IGNORE function

• Like 1

can a government sanctioned prison executioner of criminals be considered to be a taoist?

afterall, he is executing the dregs of society

"Gerard" & "VCraigP",

I am not posting that much anymore especially

because I feel most of what I had to share I shared

and what I had to ask I asked...

aside from not knowing what the original posters

idea behind this topic is and if he might want

to justify what he himself might be doing or not...

the question itself is just the extreme of other

questions asked elsewhere...

the basic question being:

can a practice let you become "ethical" or "moral" in

a higher sense... actually the question: is there an

objective "higher moral/ethic" you have to/can align to

or not...

and is "moral" something defined and agreed upon my humans

or is there an inherent "natural moral" we just have to get connected

back to...

There are traditions that seem to claim that their practices

lead you to a truth that simply IS... and you just got

to awaken to it and no doubts will be left... and everybody

with the same awakening will KNOW the same truth...

and there are others who don't claim that their practices leads

to this kind of knowing...

aside from the intent an interesting question indeed

sincerely

Harry

Never have a been so close to using the IGNORE function

someone with less self-control even took the time to post a dedicated video guide on using ignore function with brawnypandora0 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWcqQlg1wI

I wonder if brawnypandora0 is a bot, not a real human.

I wonder what would be better LOL

someone with less self-control even took the time to post a dedicated video guide on using ignore function with brawnypandora0 :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGWcqQlg1wI

I wonder what would be better LOL

here's what a moderator from another board had to say to him. Any of it sound familiar?

-

Aging Technogeek wrote:

1. You do not have to reply to every response, but replying to none signals that you are not interested in the replies but only in posting the question.

2.You have read the PM I sent you and this post. I assume you are intelligent enough to understand the English language since you are Canadian. The limit is not on your posts it is on the posting of 20-30 inane, infantile, senseless questions daily in Open Chat. Especially since most or all of the questions can be easily answered by elementary use of Google, Yahoo, or another search engine.

The prohibition against flooding this forum with questions like "What Operating System do hospitals use?" and others like it stands. Any posts of this type will be instantly deleted as soon as a moderator finds them or they are reported. You may post legitimate questions in the support forums about installation, getting wireless and other system to work, repairing problems with your installation and the like. If you use this permission to start another post flood with nonsense questions , you will be banned. One of the first rules in list at the top of every section of the forum is "Search for your own answers first before you post here" you have been ignoring that rule since the start.

Even your early posts that may have been legitimate show no attempt by you to find out anything on your own. You even lose interest in the topic if the replies require you to do anything on your own. I checked every topic you opened in your first few weeks as a member and, in each case, as soon as it got to the point where you were asked or required to do something on your own, you stopped replying to the posters.

You are at least what has been called a "Help Vampire" meaning you want everything handed to you without your having to do any work at all. If that is the case, I suggest you return to Windows because you will never succeed in Linux with that attitude.

At most you are a deliberate troll.

3. A troll is a person who posts material in a forum with the deliberate purpose of causing disruption and disaffection among the forum members. The more disruption they cause, the more twisted enjoyment and satisfaction they get. This looks like what you have been doing for the past 3-4 weeks. Even if it is not deliberate, your actions have had the same effect as a troll would try for. This is the major reason for the prohibition against random posts in Open Chat."

• Like 2

Of course he can. Being a Taoist is meaningless. What do you mean by that?

A serial killer can burn incense and bow to the deities and cultivate and meditate and practice tai chi and do whatever else one would consider defines being a Taoist.

A serial killer can be a Christian, a Jew, a Muslim, an atheist.

Murders (and all other criminals for that matter) are a complicated lot but many of them can fit into the label of religious persons.

Murder is a part of the Dao. It is a fact.