ralis

Antibiotics

I had a tooth extraction today and have several stitches in my gum. The dental surgeon prescribed Clindamycin and insists that I should take it. After reading of the side effects, I am not certain I should take it. I only have been given antibiotics twice in my life and that was over 50 years ago.

Any thoughts?

I had a tooth extraction today and have several stitches in my gum. The dental surgeon prescribed Clindamycin and insists that I should take it. After reading of the side effects, I am not certain I should take it. I only have been given antibiotics twice in my life and that was over 50 years ago.

Any thoughts?

I've never even heard of that one...but I'm no medical expert, either.

I've taken antibiotics numerous times, after dental work or for infections of some kind. I know for sure I've had amoxycillin, but the others I don't remember the names for. I've never had problems with taking antibiotics, but...you know what they say. Everyone's different. Especially when it comes to medicine. I know some people who can't stand antibiotics cuz it messes with their stomach or gives other unpleasant side effects.

My approach is take it, if it sucks, stop taking it. Worked for me so far, but your mileage may vary.

I've never even heard of that one...but I'm no medical expert, either.

I've taken antibiotics numerous times, after dental work or for infections of some kind. I know for sure I've had amoxycillin, but the others I don't remember the names for. I've never had problems with taking antibiotics, but...you know what they say. Everyone's different. Especially when it comes to medicine. I know some people who can't stand antibiotics cuz it messes with their stomach or gives other unpleasant side effects.

My approach is take it, if it sucks, stop taking it. Worked for me so far, but your mileage may vary.

The problem is that I am allergic to penicillin and amoxycillin. The side effects are particularly nasty with this one. My reading online indicates this particular medicine is probably overkill.

I know about someone who waited 3 years because of his belief in naturist medicine, and what started as a small infection became a cyst that needed serious surgery. And he still needed to take the darn pills, and alot of other stuff too, later.

If he took his antibiotics on time, this wouldn't've happen.

If i were you, i'd take it. After all, you believe in science!

Edited by Little1

Antibiotics are unnecessary. So are painkillers. The trigeminal nerve is a mighty sensitive one that runs throughout the jaw and face, but if you believe in Thor and don't take his name in vane, the pain will become a thing of the mind. Antibiotics contain sentient resins that propagate in the intestinal tract. These can be reasoned with unless Thor suspects you of collusion with union activity, in which case you're better off just buying a copy of National Review and drinking a fifth of scotch.

Hope this helps.

Antibiotics are unnecessary. So are painkillers. The trigeminal nerve is a mighty sensitive one that runs throughout the jaw and face, but if you believe in Thor and don't take his name in vane, the pain will become a thing of the mind. Antibiotics contain sentient resins that propagate in the intestinal tract. These can be reasoned with unless Thor suspects you of collusion with union activity, in which case you're better off just buying a copy of National Review and drinking a fifth of scotch.

Hope this helps.

:lol:

The funny thing is, I have no pain from this procedure.:lol:

Hope this helps.

Holy crap, I think I'm enlightened now...

:P

Im anti antibiotics to though I caught a flu in a monsoon area once

and would not have survived without them.

Edited by torus693

Any thoughts?

Don't complicate yourself - a double shot of whisky will fix your problems...

Infections can get pretty bad. I'd take the antibiotic (which makes me anti anti antibiotics :) ), but stay as mindful as possible. Take the extra C, and any other things that you think would lower your risks. Do any kind of mindful chi gung practice that might help. Take probiotics or full culture yogurt afterwards. Call the doctor if you have any bad signs.

my 2 cents

Take the antibiotics as prescribed!

When you're done taking them, use a high quality probiotic supplement as this will fully restore your intestinal flaura.

Simple.

I've had two such extractions. I was prescribed antibiotics for only one of them. The one time it was prescribed was because I already had a raging infection. I took the antibiotic and it did work for me. But I don't have problems with them. I don't often take them either.

I'm not offering advice. Just my worthless two cents. But I will say keeping your mouth clean and avoiding getting anything in the socket before it heals goes a very long way.

Organic Oregano oil, organic tea tree, grapefruit extract.. each and all very good for keeping an infection at bay.

topically, yes :)

with teeth, topical treatment is a good way to treat. if needs be, oregano oil comes in capsules. Colloidal Silver also can taken by drinking it all up into the body via a glass of water liquid.

The antibiotics are probably being given as a precaution, if you're thinking of getting implants, then you should probably take them. There was a thread here a few months ago asking for people's advice and thoughts on implants.

anti biotic means against life so the opposite would be pro biotic.I had knee surgery a few months ago and opted for a bottle of probiotics(15-20 per day) over the prescribed anti biotics.

My gut thanked me....

This makes no sense whatsoever. What will you do if you get an infection? Give more probiotics and sing 'Kumbaya'?

Edited by TheSongsofDistantEarth

oh, for a dental implant. I'd take the antibiotics and make sure to get some very good probiotics to compensate.

same protocol as for an alien implant.

• Like 2

Thanks for all the thoughts and suggestions. I am taking the course of Clindamycin 150mg 4 times a day, with lots of good probiotics and will be finished next Thursday. I feel great with no pain and just a little soreness.

Edited by ralis

oh, for a dental implant. I'd take the antibiotics and make sure to get some very good probiotics to compensate.

same protocol as for an alien implant.

Alien implants! :lol: Around Santa Fe that is a common theme. I believe these guys are responsible. They are usually seen around Los Alamos. However, if you spot one they have the ability to put one in an altered state, thus wiping out any memory of the event.

slide_11556_151971_large.jpg?1286579911422