Sign in to follow this  
turbo

RAVE diet

I ordered a book on the RAVE diet, which was recommended in the Biology of Kundalini book posted here last week or so. Anyhow RAVE stands for no Refined foods, no Animal animal foods, no Vegetable oil, and No Exceptions. Pretty strict diet. The book comes with a DVD that makes quite a convincing case for the diet, the first half is health focused and the second half is focused on the animals.

I know there has been some discussion of diets here, and am wondering what are the dangers of such a diet plus a supplement to cover the lack of B-12 and iron. It seems like the ideal diet for longevity and spiritual progress from what I've been able to discern so far.

Thanks,

Turbo

I ordered a book on the RAVE diet, which was recommended in the Biology of Kundalini book posted here last week or so. Anyhow RAVE stands for no Refined foods, no Animal animal foods, no Vegetable oil, and No Exceptions. Pretty strict diet. The book comes with a DVD that makes quite a convincing case for the diet, the first half is health focused and the second half is focused on the animals.

I know there has been some discussion of diets here, and am wondering what are the dangers of such a diet plus a supplement to cover the lack of B-12 and iron. It seems like the ideal diet for longevity and spiritual progress from what I've been able to discern so far.

Thanks,

Turbo

Looks good to me

If Joel Fuhrman endorses it it's got to be good.

I supplement with B-12.

Don't do refined vegetable oil either

A supplement for iron I would question

Also check out Dr Fuhrmans website

http://www.drfuhrman.com/

Not really strict. It's only strict if one feels deprived.

There are so many choices of great tasting fruits vegetables and nuts

Your taste buds change and you love what you eat and you feel better.

Side effects: happiness, better health, longer life, disease reversal

"Brilliant!" Neal Barnard, M.D.

author of Breaking the Food Seduction

"Mind-blowing!" Joel Fuhrman, M.D.

author of Eat To Live

"Thank you. You've done us all a major service." John Robbins

author of Diet For a New America

Edited by mYTHmAKER

Side effects: happiness, better health, longer life, disease reversal

Not to be a ball buster, but none of the above is proven. I think diets are as much about belief systems than anything else. Eat what works for you--meaning what you believe to be healthy and what makes you feel stronger, not weaker. None of these diet pundits that follow regimens look healthy to me. This guy, for example, is balding and has deep wrinkles. In my opinon, he needs more oil in his diet. Our blood chemistry has more to do with emotions and stress than food. Look at the controversy over cholesterol and diet. If it was so simple, we'd all agree that eating cholesterol will raise your serum cholesterol, like we agree the sun will burn our skin (for the most part lol). Obviously there is more to it..

T

What about Eat Right 4 Your Type?

This diet recommends different foods depending upon your blood type. I'm basically vegetarian now, but according to this I should add some meat and dairy back. Anyone know how valid this diet is or tried it?

Blood Type O:

Eat organic meats (no-hormone, no-antibiotic), at least supplementally.

Avoid most grains

Exercise vigorously

Blood Type A:

Vegetarian diet

Light exercise and meditation reduce stress

Blood Type B:

Eat a varied diet which includes meat and dairy products

Moderate exercise

Blood Type AB:

Need small portions of meat, but no beef, pork or chicken, some dairy

Moderate exercise and Yoga

I think are universal concepts and principles that are necessary to have a healthy diet regardless of which diet one chooses. I don't try to tell someone to be vegetarian, vegan, omni etc.... Any diet will be unhealthy if high amounts of calories, refined oil, refined carbs, and cholesterol. Any diet devoid of bioavailible sources of nutrients and minerals will be unhealthy guaranteed.

You can be healthy eating lean meats, lots of veggies, legumes, fruits, nuts, seeds, and whole grains. If you eat a diet that has a high amount of fruits and veggies chances are you are going to be healthy. No one ever got obese or heart disease from veggies.

The main staple in any diet should be a high reliance on nutrients from plants. Lots of fruits and veggies. Legumes are also quite healthy. I agree with Dr. Furhman that whole fruits, veggies, and legumes can be eaten in almost unlimited portions. Fruits have to be eaten not juiced, there too much sugar in juice and no fiber. I also suggest that as much raw foods as possible should eaten your diet, since raw foods contain the most prana, enzymes, minerals, and vitamins.

Another incredibly over looked aspect of health and that is the removal of toxins. We all have lots of toxins in our blood, lymph, liver, gall bladder etc..., fasting is an essential part of life. Especially if one is practicing alchemy, a clean healthy body is necessary to reinforce sadhana.

I personally don't feel that you have to be vegetarian or vegan to be healthy or spiritual (the dalai lama eats meat), that's a personal choice, usually a spiritual or ethical one. I personally am a vegetarian for ethical reasons and as a form of karma yoga. Meat is healthy when it's organic, lean, and the animal was raised in a humane and sustainable fashion. Conventional meat is anything but that. It's filled with antibiotics, growth hormones and the animals are severely mistreated. So it is factory farming, and not meat eating I am against. I believe abstaination from eating factory farm animals is a must. For energy cultivation it is said that fish without scales and pork have particularly gross energy bodies (grey prana), it's probably best to avoid them or eat them sparingly. Most fish besides Alaskan red salmon also contain mercury, so one should not eat too much fish unless it's from fresh clean waters.

I don't take a b12 supplement because I include organic low fat dairy and egg whites into my diet regularly. I am not vegan because I believe that if I cannot attain the vitamin from natural sources, then the diet is not natural. I believe taking supplements are okay like ginseng, noni, mangosteen etc..., but essential vitamins and nutrients should come from whole foods, not synthetic pills.

I personally feel that superfoods like bee pollen, afa algae, chlorella, spirulina, and phytoplankton are the most powerful foods on earth and we should include as many of them as we can afford into our diets.

The ancients say there is one diesease that goes by 1000 names. It's called, "Not enough nutrients getting to the cells, and too many toxins in the body."

So if one eats lots of bio-availible nutrients (not man made supplements like centrum), avoid eating toxic food with artificial ingredients, and one fasts regularly, that health is insured. I try to fast weekly, even though it's not always possible. The Master Cleanser is a great book, just don't take it as far as the celebrities that use it as a dangerous weight loss fad.

am wondering what are the dangers of such a diet plus a supplement to cover the lack of B-12 and iron.

Thanks,

Turbo

hi

lapacho tea shall have lots of colloidal iron.

according b12...cheese of sheep shall be the easiest to digest for humans (goat as well i think) .... instead of cow cheese.

when i read the stuff here i remember max's diet......burger and so on :D

i guess i'll never get the point with this whole food story...i know people eating super healthy and look terrible, and people who eat what they want, who never heard about cholesterol and look pretty good.

so raw food is also not always the best for everybody

cheers

Edited by laotse

What about Eat Right 4 Your Type?

This diet recommends different foods depending upon your blood type. I'm basically vegetarian now, but according to this I should add some meat and dairy back. Anyone know how valid this diet is or tried it?

There is a section on Dr Joel Fuhrmans book Eat to Live in which he debunks the blood type diet.

This book has a lot of good information.

i guess i'll never get the point with this whole food story...i know people eating super healthy and look terrible, and people who eat what they want, who never heard about cholesterol and look pretty good.

I know people who smoke and look great, and people who don't smoke and look awful. Doesn't mean smoking or junk food is okay, and appearances are not everything.

There is a section on Dr Joel Fuhrmans book Eat to Live in which he debunks the blood type diet.

This book has a lot of good information.

Interesting, he seems to advocate nutrient-dense vegetarianism & raw foods:
If you think Dr. Mcdougall has a strict vegetarian plan, wait till you read this one! Dr. Fuhrman only allows one starch a day, and all you can eat of raw and steamed vegetables and fruit. (He'd rather you eat more raw everything) You can have one ounce of nuts or seeds daily. That is the plan.
This is actually basically the diet I am following now.

However, I believe the blood type diet would have me change that by adding some meat and dairy.

How exactly does he debunk the blood type diet? Does he cite actual studies?

Interesting, he seems to advocate nutrient-dense vegetarianism & raw foods:This is actually basically the diet I am following now.

However, I believe the blood type diet would have me change that by adding some meat and dairy.

How exactly does he debunk the blood type diet? Does he cite actual studies?

Basically he says the author of the blood type diet's studies are flawed.

I think it would be worth your while to get Dr Fuhrmans book - library - or read it in a bookstore if you don't want to buy it.

[quote

If you think Dr. Mcdougall has a strict vegetarian plan, wait till you read this one! Dr. Fuhrman only allows one starch a day, and all you can eat of raw and steamed vegetables and fruit. (He'd rather you eat more raw everything) You can have one ounce of nuts or seeds daily. That is the plan.

I think you are looking at his weight loss diet. If you are not overweight you should be eating 3-4 ounces of nuts or seeds a day. One ounce is not enough if you are active.

I know people who smoke and look great, and people who don't smoke and look awful. Doesn't mean smoking or junk food is okay, and appearances are not everything.

but also doesnt mean in gerneral that smoking and junk food are really bad.

sry, i didnt mean appearances at all, i mean they are less sick.

but its hard to discuss that in any way.

Sign in to follow this