GrandTrinity

Now purports to reveal Christianity: Pranic Healer who Mantak Chia copied

Choa Kok Sui

Anyone study with him? Intersted?

http://www.pranichealingusa.com/AYPChristianityRevealed.htm

450 Dollars for a one-day workshop...!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?????????????????????????????????????

Actually I am much interested in the Pranichealing part of his teachings... but holy cow...

(by the way: is it sure Mantak copied him? Did he win the law suit? Does anybody have a right to claim spiritual practices as their own and sue somebody for this?)

I don't know the final outcome of any lawsuits, but the evidence presented here doesn't seem to bode well for Master Mantak. If it's true, I'll just have to resort to my usual approach with spiritual teachers: sifting through the ambiguities and trying to discern whatever practicable wisdom his teachings offer (to the extent that they really are his!). Still, there is a certain line between all-too-human defects and the kind of behavior that makes me shun a teacher altogether. (Franklin Jones, aka "Bubba Free John," and the Bagworm Shree Rajneesh, aka "Oshit," come to mind.)

Oh man,that is beautiful :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Fill me in, chaps. What, in summary, was so horrid about Osho? I've no direct experience of him or his, but some of his writing seems pretty lucid and compelling. I've been really enjoying "from medication to meditation".

Are you scorning the man, rather than his teaching? Or both? Or what?

Fill me in, chaps. What, in summary, was so horrid about Osho? I've no direct experience of him or his, but some of his writing seems pretty lucid and compelling. I've been really enjoying "from medication to meditation".

I like to give credit where credit is due, and no doubt Osho/Rajneesh has at least some worthwhile teachings of his own--in addition to the hundreds he's borrowed from other traditions. (And that's not to say that inspired borrowing and synthesis constitute any sort of crime.) Still, I think that even the most beneficial teachings he has presented have been lived out by other people with far more integrity--people who don't need 52 Rolls Royces, employ murderous thugs, resort to heavy drug use for their "enlightenment," etc. Really, I'm surprised how many people are getting into him again after he had been repeatedly revealed as a fraud and criminal. Maybe the re-packaging of his "legacy" in the past decade has been a very successful PR job after all.

Mind you, just because the mainstream media criticizes a spiritual movement or teacher, I do not always assume the worst. Along with ample legal evidence of corruption and abuse, I'm especially convinced by the testimony of a significant number of Rajneesh's ex-FOLLOWERS (rational people like my cousin, who woke up from Rajneesh-worship and built a better life without ever looking back).

The wikipedia page on Rajneesh is a good place to start, along with a book by a former follower entitled My Life in Orange.

Sorry if I offend--I like to think that I can separate the benefit of the teaching from the defects of the teacher, but something about Rajneesh just pushes all my buttons and leaves a bad taste in my mouth!

Edited by Peregrino

Looks like I was wrong about the number of Rolls Royces. The last tally was over 90:

Rajneesh once claimed to have the ability to materialize objects through the power of will, but he said he chose not to use this ability as it represented a "lower state of consciousness." Rajneesh was a man who conned his own disciples out of millions of dollars, who owned over 90 Rolls-Royce automobiles, who had sex with hundreds of young women half his age, and who ended up taking 60 milligrams of Valium a day and inhaling enough nitrous oxide to inflate a dirigible. If the exquisitely self-indulgent Rajneesh had the power to materialize gold and diamonds, you can be sure he would have used it!

[snip.] In 1971 I gave Rajneesh a crackpot paperback book, Psychic Discoveries Behind the Iron Curtain, and two weeks later he used it as the basis for a series of lectures he gave in Bombay. In the early days Rajneesh did not publish hard cover books, only pamphlets that contained the transcript of a single lecture. His first hardcover book was The Silent Explosion, which was a collection of lectures that I hand picked and combined into a single book. I came up with the title and wrote the introduction for the first edition. Rajneesh's second and third books were ghost written for him by Satya Bharti Franklin, a female disciple from New York City. Much of Rajneesh's best material came from other authors, as was the theme and title for my favorite lecture, Flight of the Alone to the Alone. Rajneesh did a excellent job of combining words and information from other authors, which is a common and accepted practice. The issue I have with his teachings is that he often pretended to have first hand knowledge of facts he obtained second hand, and he taught many things that he knew were false just in order to gain attention and expand his guru business. Rajneesh fundamentally used words to manipulate people, not to tell the truth.

From The Ridiculous Teachings of Wrong Way Rajneesh, where you'll find many, many more of the sordid details that have been glossed over in the recent PR campaign. If he advocated meditation over medication, I'm not sure where the Valium and nitrous oxide dependency fit in.

I'm not worried about the typical allegations of having sex with scores of younger women--punishing that would mean no more rock stars!--but if he really did condone middle-aged men having sex with prepubescent girls, I'll take a pass on honoring his "legacy" by spending money on any of his books.

Ian,if you are really interested,you MUST MUST MUST read "THE GOLDEN GURU:THE STRANGE JOURNEY OF BHAGWAN SHREE RAJNEESH" by James.S.Gordon.Personally,I think it is simply the best,most balanced account of the whole business.

Gordon was a shrink who was involved with the cult for about 13 years,seeing a lot of value in its initial form,but having a lot of nagging reservations as well.His analysis of the strenghts and flaws of "Oshos" charachter is excellent for coming up with your own analysis of the strengths and flaws of the philosophy.

Yes,I would scorn both the man & his teachings! Though admittedly I do get rather heated over theses things :lol: I agree that some of his heavily edited writing has its good points,but its basically a set up for a guru cult.His overall approach consisted of inducing temporary bliss states,imprinting people with his image in that state,and preaching a philososophy designed to voluntarily deactivate their capacities for critical thought.

Quite frankly,no real difference between him & the Born-again Christian fundamentalist techniques of programming!!

Do you want details,coz I will happily pick the whole thing apart :P

Regards,Cloud :)

I'm not worried about the typical allegations of having sex with scores of younger women--punishing that would mean no more rock stars!--but if he really did condone middle-aged men having sex with prepubescent girls, I'll take a pass on honoring his "legacy" by spending money on any of his books.

Pilgrim,it aint just the sexual abuse that is Fucked Up with Oshit.Your holding back man!

I think conspiracy to murder,persecution of the elderly for political gain & the massive,brutal power trip of the whole thing should be trumpeted from the rooftops in "spiritual" circles. Since the sociopathic old sod carked it,his disciples have been doing the typical True Believer rewrite of his life & portraying this manipulative tyrant as some kind of noble "rebel".

You are being too merciful :lol:

Should this become a seperate thread.The creeps material is still out there & being heavily marketed.I think its relevant to expose this particular farce,& hes a classic case of the "guru-syndrome".

Regards,Cloud.

Yes, Cloud, I was only just scratching the surface regarding the many "foibles" of the BSR. Really, I thought this stuff was common knowledge, at least for people over thirty in the US, along with people worldwide involved in meditation and other spiritual pursuits. I have clear memories of the news reports about the homeless people the Rajneeshis coaxed into busses from cities all over the US in order to make them residents of Antelope, Oregon (aka Rajneeshpuram) and thereby affect the outcome of local elections. Parceling out food, booze, and drugs, the "sannyasins" utterly used them and abused them to consolidate the Bagworm's power.

Edited by Peregrino

One of the guys top student's Stephen Co has a book "your hands can heal you" which covers pretty much everything you do in the course - it may be easier to connect to the energy of it at the seminar but the book is pretty good and for 20 bucks well worth it I reckon.

I have that book and it has some good information, Im just not sold on the self taught pranic healing

techniques.

Hi DanC - any chance of you telling us a little more about what the 'good info ' in the book is? I'm interested.

Also - have you tried the self healing techniques?

Would be glad to hear. :)

It has good information on,

Mindfullness Meditation

Twin Hearts Meditation

Energetic Hygine

Modified 5 Tibetans

Modified Mentalphysics Exercises

In regards to the Pranic healing stuff, it seems very simple but I guess it just doesn't gel with me,

he goes into detail about our energy body and how we can cleanse and strengthen our aura through

moving our hands over various parts of our bodies clearing the aura and chakras.

For the price its very good value..

Daniel

Max and Plato took me to see an Osho film where he talked about Zen for like 2 hrs. Specifically, he talked about one of my all time favorite stories of Bodhidharma going to China and talking to the empreror. I think he said Zen is the only real religion several times and seemed to have some understadning of it. For all I know that was the best, most wise talk Osho ever gave an not an example of his overall teachings.

But I think all 3 of us agreed all the clapping and singing wasn't for us :)

Seeing Osho from that movie I think those rumors about him being on drugs were true.

Ok,it looks like it really is time for a Rajneesh thread.I myself am surprised that any body still takes the old fraud seriously,though I do acknowledge his eloquence & the possibility of some psychic capacities (at least earlier in his career).But I thought the guy had been fairly well exposed by now as a malicious nut?Perhaps not.

Edited by cloud recluse

Hmmnn, One measure of a master is the talent of his students. Many of these 'frauds' left behind some very talent teachers for the next generation. They opened up doors that would have been unknown for many of us. But.. glad I didn't have to sign any checks over to them.

Michael