Immortal4life

Unlocking the Mysteries of Life

Which came first, matter or mind?

Video- Unlocking the Mysteries of Life

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5585125669588896670#

It is pretty clear that information, message, and consciousness predated shape, form, or matter. It is mind that existed first, and divine mind which creates all life and form. Form is simply a manifestation, a projection, of mind.

It is pretty clear that information, message, and consciousness predated shape, form, or matter. It is mind that existed first, and divine mind which creates all life and form. Form is simply a manifestation, a projection, of mind.

Beautiful... is something that has always existed and always will.... Love is beautiful.... what man cannot comprehend, what is unknown... often invokes fear, yet in reality when one surrenders, yet embraces the beauty of the mystery, it is so awesomely magnificent and splendid, words cannot begin to describe... the Tao that can be named is not the true Tao. How simple and convenient to believe consciousness is a product of biology; the religion of science. There is no light without the darkness and the emptiness of the illusion of capacity is what ensues wholeness... oh beautiful infinity, oh so much taken for granted. Has anyone ever read The Magic in Your Mind by US Andersen? http://www.amazon.com/Magic-Your-Mind-U-Andersen/dp/0879800895/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1301346083&sr=8-2 A wonderful gem way ahead of its time, I strongly recommend it to all, it is of unlimited value. And 'Way' Taoist :). If consciousness predates matter, then undoubtedly we beings of light... of energy, must all be connected, must all be One - soul splinters of the great cosmic consciousness, universal being, the Tao, subjectively experiencing itself and spiritually evolving an infinite times over to reach divine unity, Oneness... we often have moments of strange familiarity, 'deja-vu' as if we've undoubtedly experienced a moment of eternity before... as if reliving a dream, yet awake - awake to the nature that this really is a dream, there is no such thing as death, we are the imagination of ourselves, ego-deluded induced separateness, but there is yet one dreamer dreaming many dreams... and we've all been here before, have had these lessons... and will continue to be taught, to teach, to love, to live as One, in every imaginable angle, shade of light, whisper of wind, forever, in peace, as long as we surrender to love.

Edited by fizix

Yes, beauty is a very interesting thing. Some would try to tell you that beauty has no objective existence, it is all subjective. We have just been "conditioned" to think certain things are beautiful by our upbringing and society. Or, that we have it predetermined, pre-existing in our DNA, to be programmed to think certain tings are beautiful.

It don't believe that. Beauty, symmetry, perfection, design, intention, these all have objective reality.

Thank you Immortal, for posting links to videos produced by the Moody Bible Institute and the Moody Institute of Science, a fundamentalist Christian group that espouses creationism and biblical inerrancy. It's interseting that you failed to disclose the source of this video and that you seem to have such an astonishingly low regard for what we are trying to accomplish here at Thetaobums. You are not the first fundamentalist to come in here and muddy the waters with your religious propaganda, but you did seem to effectively mask your intentions behind the disguise of a young and foolish New Ager.

Thanks for the entertainment. I hope you get what's coming to you.

http://ncse.com/book/export/html/1737

• Like 1

Thank you Immortal, for posting links to videos produced by the Moody Bible Institute and the Moody Institute of Science, a fundamentalist Christian group that espouses creationism and biblical inerrancy. It's interseting that you failed to disclose the source of this video and that you seem to have such an astonishingly low regard for what we are trying to accomplish here at Thetaobums. You are not the first fundamentalist to come in here and muddy the waters with your religious propaganda, but you did seem to effectively mask your intentions behind the disguise of a young and foolish New Ager.

Thanks for the entertainment. I hope you get what's coming to you.

http://ncse.com/book/export/html/1737

Dang! :o

It has been pretty clear that Immortal(etc) has been pouring fundamental Christian dogma into this site since he joined. It has been somewhat covert until now. I was wondering when he would come out.

• Like 1

It has been pretty clear that Immortal(etc) has been pouring fundamental Christian dogma into this site since he joined. It has been somewhat covert until now. I was wondering when he would come out.

You're a more astute observer than I am. I've met plenty of New Age folks, the kind who adore metaphysics because it's easier to study than physics, who have been raised within a teleological framework - all manner of pantheisms and panentheisms, east and west - and have no sympathy for or resonance with christian fundamentalists. I first thought he was part of this crowd, hapless but with no malice.

I suspect Torus693 is on a simialr mission given his Jehovah's Witness background and his unintelligible stirrings of the mud.

• Like 2

This is me in real life-

falwell.jpg

:lol:

No, but in all seriousness, this is just an example of the paranoia, and reactionary attitudes people have when it comes to things like the origins of Life, or the origins of the Universe. They just couldn't believe say, someone non religous, or "undecided", could watch an Intelligent Design video. Chill out.

Edited by Immortal4life

This is me in real life-

falwell.jpg

:lol:

No, but in all seriousness, this is just an example of the paranoia, and reactionary attitudes people have when it comes to things like the origins of Life, or the origins of the Universe. They just couldn't believe say, someone non religous, or "undecided", could watch an Intelligent Design video. Chill out.

Right. We reactionaries feel so threatened by pseudoscience that we suffer bouts of paranoia.

It couldn't possibly be that some people cultivate scholarship as a tool of refining an authentic engagement with the world, including a spiritual engagement?

Every few months, just when we think we can't possibly be more astonished, people like yourself make their entrance. They proclaim a mastery of certain bodies of knowledge but have never set foot on a college campus or signed up for a library card. And when confronted by educated people who have the temerity to engage your arguments, the strongest defense you can summon on your behalf is to brand them as narrow-minded and psychologically impaired. At this point, you're doing us a favor by granting us the opportunity to see how deluded the era of the Internet can allow people to become.

• Like 1

Action, inaction.

Presence in absence.

Wuji. Taiji.

Mysteries are not solved: they simply move elsewhere.

Knowing a thing is having a little bit of knowledge. Knowing what you don't know is yet more knowledge. Knowing the case when you don't need to know a particular thing is more still. Perhaps at some point one can know nothing and be content still.

If people follow a false leader, or blindly obey others without thinking clearly for themselves, what can we really do about it? We can't control other people or make their decisions for them, America was supposed to be a free country.

Hmm, Immortal4life, are you a Fundamentalist Christian, or even Christian?

And do you have a religious agenda to convert people?

No twisty answers please, just the truth.

Blasto, not all Intelligent design people are Christian, although I4L may be...

Many Intelligent design theory's include evolution as the way life unfolds, such as the earliest teachings of Hermetisism and most traditions that grew out of it.

Everything starts with an Idea...

Blasto, not all Intelligent design people are Christian, although I4L may be...

Many Intelligent design theory's include evolution as the way life unfolds, such as the earliest teachings of Hermetisism and most traditions that grew out of it.

Everything starts with an Idea...

I don't think I4L is a fundie, but who knows or cares.

Did you read Passion of the Western Mind by Richard Tarnas? I try to avoid the pitfalls of teleological arguments but I hafta say, pantheism had great appeal to me.

I don't think I4L is a fundie, but who knows or cares.

Did you read Passion of the Western Mind by Richard Tarnas? I try to avoid the pitfalls of teleological arguments but I hafta say, pantheism had great appeal to me.

Damn it, I have been wanting to read that for a while, I began his sequal, Cosmos and psyche but it said to read passion first, so I am waiting. :)

Hello folks,

I'm not sure why it matters what Immortal4Life is? If he is a Christian, more power to him. If he feels compelled to save others from damnation, and he did nothing about it, well what does that say about him? What do you accomplish by denouncing him or his beliefs? If he writes something and you don't like it, you're not obligated to say something about it. Rather than make accusations and pronouncements of guilt, I'm wondering if it's better to just let him be?

On a side note, when I decide who I should listen to and who I shouldn't, the first thing I do is view how they treat others. Those people quick to accuse, point fingers, and call others names, usually have nothing to offer me, except an object lesson in the necessity of compassion.

Aaron

• Like 1

I have no problem with people arguing my points, I have no problem with debate, I don't even have a problem with agressive arguments. If I did, I wouldn't post on forums lol.

Sometimes though, it can be a fine line between argument and trying to "figure me out". I find that a little amusing. But in the end it just shows that people are passionate on every side of this issue.

Hello folks,

I'm not sure why it matters what Immortal4Life is? If he is a Christian, more power to him. If he feels compelled to save others from damnation, and he did nothing about it, well what does that say about him? What do you accomplish by denouncing him or his beliefs? If he writes something and you don't like it, you're not obligated to say something about it. Rather than make accusations and pronouncements of guilt, I'm wondering if it's better to just let him be?

On a side note, when I decide who I should listen to and who I shouldn't, the first thing I do is view how they treat others. Those people quick to accuse, point fingers, and call others names, usually have nothing to offer me, except an object lesson in the necessity of compassion.

Aaron

Good Point. I have not seen him trying to convert anyone to any religion.

I have seen him hammer away at Science . Which is fair game IMO.

I may not have any idea about the "scientific method"

But I have observed alot , just by watching these threads.

Matter would not have an existence with out mind, and mind could not be formed with out matter. For one to exist the other is needed.