exorcist_1699

Every instance and eternity

People are afraid of death but they do not care about the passing of every instance in their existence ; many people, especially the teenagers , even are annoyed by many those moments in their life ,thinking that time is some kind of burden.

The dialectical relation between eternity and every instance is always ignored by Man; they do not understand that eternity must be attained by the effort at every instance. Although nowadays the scientists are capable of creating particles with lifetime one-millionth of a second, they think that it is thing happened in their experiments ,and what happened there is another arena not relating to their daily life ; In western science, a physical clock is hardly made relating to a biological clock....

However, in ancient times, some people did more or less notice the relation , for example , Confucius says:

" We shouldn't leave the way of truth for a second; if we do , we are not living the true way "

I-Ching says:

"Noble people are always in the pure-yang status every day ; it is a way of reversing ( from post-heavenly to pre-heavenly ) " (君子終日乾乾, 反覆之道)

The Taoists say:

" There is no guarantee that an exhaling will be followed by an inhaling. Man lives so vulnerable as a rootless tree (無根樹)."

Edited by exorcist_1699

I-Ching says:

"Noble people are always in the pure-yang status every day; it is a way of reversing ( from post-heavenly to pre-heavenly ) " (君子終日乾乾, 反覆之道)

This is an interesting quote. Could you expand on your thinking here?

This is an interesting quote. Could you expand on your thinking here?

With our qi strong and delicate enough to rise to the top of our body, enter our brain, we can experience some kind of crystal clear ,splendid and condensed spiritual status, which always come over us in a flash ,but " skilfully " we can hold it. We call it a yang -typed of feeling because:

1) It feels totally different from our daily minds: fluctuating, restless ,powerless...and always passively reacted to the changes of our environment..etc. A forcibly still mind in meditation , similarly, belongs to this category , which doesn't give any help for upgrading our qi..

2)It is got from having our qi and jing refined.

Edited by exorcist_1699

Okay, I've got you now. Do you think this has anything to do with kundalini activity? My kundalini heat often sits in the back of my head and projects backward; or sometimes it's in my lower back or shoulder blades, also projecting outward. It seems to have already gone up the front side, it took several years. Now it's going down the back.

With my new-age shamanic background (Castaneda) there is great emphasis placed on stopping the inner dialogue within the mind. It is by stopping the inner dialogue that we can be mindful of our impeccability at any given moment. This sounds very much like you are talking about, perhaps a merger of the two? Or am I way off base?

Okay, I've got you now. Do you think this has anything to do with kundalini activity? My kundalini heat often sits in the back of my head and projects backward; or sometimes it's in my lower back or shoulder blades, also projecting outward. It seems to have already gone up the front side, it took several years. Now it's going down the back.

With my new-age shamanic background (Castaneda) there is great emphasis placed on stopping the inner dialogue within the mind. It is by stopping the inner dialogue that we can be mindful of our impeccability at any given moment. This sounds very much like you are talking about, perhaps a merger of the two? Or am I way off base?

Although the Kundalini ( I only know the meaning of this term after having made some quick scan on the internet three minutes ago ) looks very similar to Taoist alchemy practice, it seems not appropriate for me to make comments on any specific Hindu/ Buddhist practice here..

What I know is that the occipital bone is one of the main obstacles barring your qi from reaching the brain . However, it will be passed when your qi gets stronger.

By the way , I think the Chinese do contribute more because they not only polish qi by circulating it around the main axle of our body ( Ren and Du channels) , but also push it further and therefore discover around 20 channels more and few hundreds of acupuncture points, which correspond to treatment of thousands of different diseases.

The Chinese Zen and Confucian praxis also push the practice into every moment of our life , into every act of our moral behavior: Isn't it a fearless courage arisen instantly in us , without any calculations, to rescue others out of danger , some kind of yang ? And ,can't it be further polished , not necessarily in a way of sitting dull in a dark chamber far away from the crowd ,so as to achieve something much greater ?

Edited by exorcist_1699

People are afraid of death but they do not care about the passing of every instance in their existence ; many people, especially the teenagers , even are annoyed by many those moments in their life ,thinking that time is some kind of burden.

The dialectical relation between eternity and every instance is always ignored by Man; they do not understand that eternity must be attained by the effort at every instance.

Agreed! The journey never ends! I can't "attain" and then sit back, and phone it in. I have to be brave enough to face every moment, on its terms, for the rest of my time. As long as I try to escape the negative experiences (or even the boring ones), I won't grow past them. To fully say yes to life is to say yes to (and take responsibility for) every single component of my life, no matter how intense, how painful, how confusing, how mundane.

Edited by Otis
  • Like 1

To unite the day one must first divide it!

This is a little saying I made up recently to remind myself to be mindful of the breath during the day. I treat each breath as a discrete moment, which is itself an expression of the eternal moment. In this way the 'be present in the moment' lifestyle has a real anchor with my experience. At any moment i notice my breath, in any breath I realize the moment.

peace and wisdom to you

andrew

But we really DO care about our every moment of existence. This moment is the only thing we really care about. Its just too obvious for us to notice. We just are not aware, and believe our minds when it tells us otherwise. Unfortunately, I had to suffer really bad before it hit me. Its that for many people.

We tend to tell ourselves stories: This isn't it. This is not what I signed up for. The place where its all happening is somewhere else. This text leads somewhere. I need to understand something that will be better understood in the future. This moment is unfulfilling.

Last night I listened to this: Absolutely spot on:

Adyashanti: Tired of trying to get there

h

So grateful to find a thread like this. Lately I've realized that the only place I find happiness, where I am totally unarmed, relaxed, open, trusting and fully alert..is when I am fully in the present.

It is like being cleansed. Stripped from the tension of expectance, unwind from the burden of remorse.

To fully praise it's love grace and beauty - is bliss.

There is no cleverness there..

:)))

no measurment what So ever

I agree with hagar

suffering aids

but the release from cobweb spun by idea/memory of the opposite is even mightier

Edited by rain

So grateful to find a thread like this. Lately I've realized that the only place I find happiness, where I am totally unarmed, relaxed, open, trusting and fully alert..is when I am fully in the present.

It is like being cleansed. Stripped from the tension of expectance, unwind from the burden of remorse.

I agree with hagar

suffering aids

but the release from cobweb spun by idea/memory of the opposite is even mightier

And yet when our inner dialogue starts up, generally because of some ego concern, the moment is lost. Until we mindfully seek it again. It is a daily yin and yang.

I agree with hagar

suffering aids

Agreed- Yet the ego is extremely cunning, and uses its most subtle coersive techniques to trick us into believing that how we utilize this insight is important.

Basically, its hard to be really honest, due to the fact that the ego might have to let go of something.

Suffering is an aid in that it forces you to finally stay where you are. If nothing works then cracks appear.

Its like drowning. We fight as long as possible not to take that first terrible breath. then its all over.

After that, it demands that you do that on a continuous basis. But it gets easier over time, and after a while you might kinda like it.

h