Sign in to follow this  
Nilo

Herbs and Qigong

I was wondering how do tonic herbs play into a healthy lifestyle from a TCM or even modern perspective? For example my Yin Jing is feeling depleted so I am doing alot of rooting exercises like Zhan Zhuang and Horse Stance. It definitely is helping.

Also I have found a few potent He Shou Wu Root herbal elixirs at DragonHerbs which will boost my Yin Jing:

http://www.dragonherbs.com/prodinfo.asp?number=133

Is it best to have a combination of Qigong and Tonic Herbs? What if I did only Qigong or only Tonic Herbs?

Also does it make a huge difference if I take Herbs first and then do Qigong or vice versa?

Any direction is greatly helpful.

Edited by Nilo

I think an appropriate elixir of tonic herbs can be a nice supplement to your practice, but certainly not a replacement for your practice itself.

I think an appropriate elixir of tonic herbs can be a nice supplement to your practice, but certainly not a replacement for your practice itself.

ditto ... qigong is inner alchemy, herbs are outter alchemy, both are useful :)

I was wondering how do tonic herbs play into a healthy lifestyle from a TCM or even modern perspective? For example my Yin Jing is feeling depleted so I am doing alot of rooting exercises like Zhan Zhuang and Horse Stance. It definitely is helping.

Also I have found a few potent He Shou Wu Root herbal elixirs at DragonHerbs which will boost my Yin Jing:

Is it best to have a combination of Qigong and Tonic Herbs? What if I did only Qigong or only Tonic Herbs?

Also does it make a huge difference if I take Herbs first and then do Qigong or vice versa?

Curious to know what you think the signs of yin jing deficiency would be ??

Well I used marijuana and then ran energy through my system. Psychedelics are very Yang and run through Yin very quickly. I feel burnt out and dry and constricted.

Curious to know what you think the signs of yin jing deficiency would be ??

Herbs well complement really well with your Qigong training. You need to be patient with them as their energy takes some time to settle well in your system as well as for purging purposes.

Btw, Chinese red tea is an excellent source of nourishing Kidney energy (Keemun tea is delicious) as well as certain concoctions like the following one: Black bean soy porridge, which uses black soybean, red dates, rice and ginger in the recipe (found in this link).

Goji berries are also good for kidney yin

Goji berries are also good for kidney yin

I've heard from my acupuncturist that cranberries also are good for kidney yin. I read somewhere that kelp was good too. Know of any other easily obtainable herbs/suppliments that are good for kindey yin?

Sign in to follow this