time to change

salvia divinorum

i want to smoke a lot of salvia divinorum and then meditate i would like to know if any of you guys have done it and what are the side effects if any in the energy body.

I think any stimulant similar is slightly harmful one way or another.

All that's required is moderation, I would never do a substance similar before meditation. If I had, I would take a day or 3 off from training.

I don't know much other then that.

what i think is that this plants were put on earth for a reason not to just sit there and do nothing and we us humans should take advantage of this instead of just saying is bad for practice what about the shamans they used it and were healthy and lived long what i think is that there a lot of stuff i earth were not taking advantage of.

what i think is that this plants were put on earth for a reason not to just sit there and do nothing and we us humans should take advantage of this instead of just saying is bad for practice what about the shamans they used it and were healthy and lived long what i think is that there a lot of stuff i earth were not taking advantage of.

I don't see why you would ask if you believed that yourself. Do you feel like it may hinder your development in any way?

it distorts the energy body from the physical body, warps the consciousness into a slower vibrational frequency..... prone to entity interaction...could be good could be bad.....most likely bad...

it sounds like you've never smoked salvia. is this the case? If you smoke a lot of salvia, most likely you are going to completely forget about your intention to meditate....... large doses of salvia and meditation do not really mix......

2 nights ago I smoked DMT for my first time and meditated.... now THAT is an experience completely indescribable, perhaps the most amazing experience of my life... I learned many sacred things. DMT and meditation are highly compatible, and just so mind-blowing.... I saw my energy.... the all pervading and ubiquitous light-energy fabric of space-time reality..... a beautiful ego death and subsequent union with the Tao.

I would stay away from salvia... the shamans who practiced with it were extremely experienced and dedicated their whole lives to their craft...

attempting to meditate while on salvia may result in some very bad effects on the consciousness and energy body... you are opening yourself up to many dangerous things

Edited by fizix

it distorts the energy body from the physical body, warps the consciousness into a slower vibrational frequency..... prone to entity interaction...could be good could be bad.....most likely bad...

it sounds like you've never smoked salvia. is this the case? If you smoke a lot of salvia, most likely you are going to completely forget about your intention to meditate....... large doses of salvia and meditation do not really mix......

2 nights ago I smoked DMT for my first time and meditated.... now THAT is an experience completely indescribable, perhaps the most amazing experience of my life... I learned many sacred things.

I would stay away from salvia... the shamans who practiced with it were extremely experienced and dedicated their whole lives to their craft...

attempting to meditate while on salvia may result in some very bad effects on the consciousness and energy body... you are opening yourself up to many dangerous things

DMT huh, care to make a thread on the experience?

Im interested.

DMT huh, care to make a thread on the experience?

Im interested.

Absolutely, look for it tonight.

but you just said you smoked dmt and had a very beatiful experience but yet salvia is bad for you

DMT and salvia are drastically different compounds..... with dramatically different effects. DMT, also known as "the spirit molecule" is the epitome of a "substance-induced spiritual experience", and yet the brain naturally produces it through the pineal gland (the physical manifestation of the third eye) and it is responsible for dreams and spiritual states. Salvia throws the user into a frenzied state of confusion, insanity, and IMO has little value for spiritual practice... DMT induces spectacular wonder/awe yet clarity, epiphanies, non-duality... I will write a thorough report of my experience and hopefully those opposed to the idea of using specific/non-addictive nor harmful drugs to enhance their practice/life will reconsider their stance.

I smoked a lot of DMT and I can absolutely say that DMT and meditation is *not* compatible.

As with Salvia, you have ZERO control over your DMT trip. It takes you where it wants to take you. It does not unlock infinite compassionate unity consciousness- it takes you to bizarre parallel realities, stunning as they are, which are inhabited by benevolent and malevolent beings.

For what it's worth, I know a lot of people that do inner cultivation and have extensive experience with DMT and they all come to the same conclusion- it's utterly worthless in terms of spiritual development.

That being said, it's something to try at least once.

1. DMT production by the pineal gland is only a speculation and has never been scientifically proven.

2. We do not know that the pineal gland is the actual third eye. It may be the hypothalamus, pituitary, thalamus or a combination of all of them that produce the visionary state.

3. DMT is not produced while sleeping and is not responsible for dreaming.

Please don't watch the "Joe Rogan DMT video" on youtube. It is such a clusterfuck of disinformation.

Absolutely, look for it tonight.

DMT and salvia are drastically different compounds..... with dramatically different effects. DMT, also known as "the spirit molecule" is the epitome of a "substance-induced spiritual experience", and yet the brain naturally produces it through the pineal gland (the physical manifestation of the third eye) and it is responsible for dreams and spiritual states. Salvia throws the user into a frenzied state of confusion, insanity, and IMO has little value for spiritual practice... DMT induces spectacular wonder/awe yet clarity, epiphanies, non-duality... I will write a thorough report of my experience and hopefully those opposed to the idea of using specific/non-addictive nor harmful drugs to enhance their practice/life will reconsider their stance.

I have not tried DMT but it is similar in description to some of my own deep spiritual meditative work. That said, I would try it. Salvia on the other hand was not pleasant or enlightening but it certainly expanded my view of my self.

I smoked an 80x salvia batch along with tobacco and a JWH-018 blend from my local shop. After about two minutes a 3' square area around me was as it should have been and the rest of my bedroom turned into the cosmos. I watched black holes form, nebulas expand and coalesce into stars, I witnessed galactic collisions. It was too intense. I turned back around and looked into the mirror. My body split into pages of a book and my whole body opened up from the bottom of my book spine that originated in my feet. I then found myself naked and had an incredibly difficult time getting my underwear back on. I was still in book form and decided it would be best if I lie down. The book of my body opened from the cover side of my head and the pages flitted over as the rest of my body caught up to my dive into my bean bag. After coming together again I looked at the ceiling and it turned into jigsaw puzzle pieces that ticked loudly. I looked around my room and the furniture and fixtures were larger puzzle pieces like those found in a doctor's office for very young children. I then came back to normalcy in a puddle of sweat. There was no sense of euphoria, just the sheer intensity of what I had experienced.

I do not recommend salvia to those who are simply looking to experiment. It can open perception to many things but my Mayan teacher has said it is for those who are well down their path. His grandfather kept a cud many times. I may try it again in the future but based on the first actual trip (smoked it many times before I hallucinated) it would definitely be something I would treat with much greater respect and ceremony.

• Like 1

Well, to say that DMT has no spiritual value whatsoever... that is contrary to literally thousands accounts of users who have all had profound, life-changing spiritual experiences... here are accounts of spiritual experiences from just one source:

http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_DMT_Mystical_Experiences.shtml

I've read most of them and they all share similar experiences of non-dual consciousness unity, compassion, love, spontaneous revelations of spiritual nature...

the overhead: http://www.erowid.org/experiences/subs/exp_DMT.shtml

the book/documentary DMT: The Spirit Molecule also conveys

Oh holy shit. my 67 year old husband and I bought some of the salvia off one of the internet sites last year; just wanted to give it a try once, we do dabble in the shamanic.

At first we chewed it, like it suggested. We both laid back, nothing happened. Then we decided to smoke some. All I remember is that I was sitting up on the couch. That's the last I remember, being a human. Suddenly I was a tarantula. Joe says I slid off the couch onto the floor, walking on my heels and my elbows. I started scrambling across the front room and toward the front door. I don't have a clue where I was going. The next thing I remember Joe was kind of holding me down on the floor.

We tried it one more time, this time we were on our rocking chairs with the hound out on the front porch (we're in Appalachia, you know). We smoked a little bit, and suddenly we both had the immediate urge to hit the dirt and lie on the porch. In a fetal position. Then that was it. We came out of it.

Strange stuff. I can see how it can really be something if it's used in the right way with someone who knows what they're doing. This stuff we got from Bouncing Bear Botanicals or some online store is probably pretty unpredictable. As though that stuff could be.

I won't be doing the salvia again. I'm too old, and sanity has become a very fine line for me anyway.

i know salvia contains salvidorin but does it contain dmt i heard all plants contain dmt

No it does not, and this is a misconception that all plants contain the dmt.... although many plants do, only some contain enough of the alkaloid to be extracted and successfully consumed to an effect.

Here is a list of dmt containing plants:

http://www.neurosoup.com/plants_containing_dmt.htm

Edited by fizix

wait so this is crazy this totally kill rick strassman the spirit molecule cuz he says dmt is what makes u dream and hallusinate but salvia makes u see visions and it contains salvidorin so theres a lot to be learn

Strange stuff. I can see how it can really be something if it's used in the right way with someone who knows what they're doing. This stuff we got from Bouncing Bear Botanicals or some online store is probably pretty unpredictable. As though that stuff could be.

I won't be doing the salvia again. I'm too old, and sanity has become a very fine line for me anyway.

As someone of various Native American descent from the United States as well as Mexico mixed with Caucasian I wonder if it has different effects on people of different genotypes. Almost all of the bad experiences I've heard first hand have been from people of Caucasian descent. It's an interesting thought but it's just my personal experience, nothing more.

I tried salvia once, back in college. I chose a nice location, a cottage next to the forest, and smoked it during the night to make it more interesting. And it was a very intense experience - like if time and space both collapsed and I was somehow caught "in between." Then the world around me turned into rectangles... like in some cubist painting. Then I saw a black dog and got kind of scared, because he was just standing there, looking at me. I have no idea how long it lasted; couple of minutes, I guess. I recall I was very confused the whole time and wanted it to end.

I don't think it would be possible to combine salvia and meditation. Based on my experience (and on what I've read on the subject) it's very hard to concentrate even on the simple things, like staying still and not running away :) I think meditation is out of the question. But it was an interesting experience all the same. A lot of people tried salvia back then - it was actually legal in my country (Slovakia)... and all my friends' experiences were similar to mine. I'm not saying I wouldn't recommend it at all, just not as a mean to improve your meditation skills. It's like what Arthur Koestler said about his first LSD trip: "I solved the secret of the universe last night, but this morning I forgot what it was." :)

• Like 2

Be VERY VERY CAREFUL with salvia. I tried some a couple years back and had a hellish experience. I don't even like to think about it...

You won't know what it's like until it happens... sanity is THE MOST PRECIOUS thing.

seriously be careful.

My understanding it that salvia is "diviner's sage", for extracting specific bits of information. Not something you would want to go into in an open thoughtless state, but rather the opposite, that you would go in with a specific purpose or focus.:ninja: That at least explains to me why so many people have such experiences and feelings of chaotic "wrongness" going at it haphazardly

• Like 1

Definitely I'd recommend the traditional use - in our case the tincture - and trying little by little. I think that is much more interesting the shamanic use ( little doses that enhance any shamanic practice) rather than heroic doses and similar "macho" stupidities,potentially harmful...

Remember, it's a very gentle, shy being, the Shepherdess ( gentleness, respect, appreciation make the difference, as in Kat Harrison's experience): "diviner's sage", yep, it's for retrieving knowledge about your past, healing, etc.

Edited by Ulises

Definitely I'd recommend the traditional use - in our case the tincture - and trying little by little. I think that is much more interesting the shamanic use ( little doses that enhance any shamanic practice) rather than heroic doses and similar "macho" stupidities,potentially harmful...

Remember, it's a very gentle, shy being, the Shepherdess ( gentleness, respect, appreciation make the difference, as in Kat Harrison's experience): "diviner's sage", yep, it's for retrieving knowledge about your past, healing, etc.

When it comes to salvia, even little can be too much :)