Tactile

Juice fasting

Hello bums,

I was recently recommended a 5-day root vegetable juice fast by this healer guy I met. Feeling that he does know what he's talking about I decided to get along with it as I've never tried it before and according to him it's something that would be beneficial for me before we continue with other stuff. Now, one part of the procedure are regular (3 times a day) coffee enemas. Having not heard of this before I googled a bit and the information I'm getting is (suprise!) controversial. If wikipedia was the ultimate truth, nobody in their right mind would do a coffee enema, but then, trusting wikipedia in matters of alternative health is a bit limited in my opinion. So, I'm turning to the collective wisdom of the bums. Ideas, suggestions or experiences anybody?

-J

Check out "The Tao of Health Sex and Longevity" by Dan Reid, he talks quite a bit about coffee enemas.

From what I have read about this procedure, whether with coffee or water, the most dangerous part is that if you get internal bleeding from the tubes or anything else, then you will have internal bleeding in an extremely infection prone area since the blood will be mixing with all the toxic crap that you are trying to get rid of, including feces of course. There is also the risk of using too much water pressure and damaging an organ, including the heart. Doing this 3 times a day! seems to be a bit over the top.

The healer, for all I know, might be very successful, well trained, etc., but how do you know this? It's important to be sure he's not putting you at this risk just to strengthen your faith and resolve that you will be healed. The fact that you are asking us this question shows that the both of you are not there yet, if that was part of the intention.

The procedure is similar to an operation, which always entails a degree of risk which is only worth it if the alternative is totally unbearable. Do you really want to take that risk 3 times a day just to get started? There are other more non-intrusive ways to clean yourself of toxins.

What is it that you are seeking his help for, if I may?

Juice fasting pretty straight forward.

Personally I wouldnt do the self-administered coffee aenima, but a colonic irrigation by a pro outifit is fine. In the clinics they do coffee colonics, but only after you've had an experience and done a water colonic. And you dont do them 3x per day, but once a week or 2. This guy seems a little hardcore. So I would buck the peer pressure of getting coffee splashed up your anus.

I would personally do a quality Taiwanese high mountain oolong and/or puerh tea fasting. Consume warm food/drink to avoid damaging stomach-fire & spleen-earth dynamics.

Edited by Gerard

I'm assuming the person you're seeing is a naturopath. Enemas and juice fasts are common prescriptions in this field.

Fasting is wholesome and beneficial. Juice fasting in particular gives the digestive system a rest and can bring vast doses of nutrients to otherwise sluggish organs. From experience, the amount of life force in a freshly juiced bunch of carrots/beetroots is phenomenal.

I also assume you are creating fresh juices? This is certainly favourable to the bottled juices, which are pasteurised.

Enemas are also beneficial. Home enema kits usually don't hold more than 2 litres and work with gravity. The risk of internal bleeding is so tiny under these conditions that I, for one, wouldn't think twice about it. Although I have no experience with these, the results speak for themselves when I see those who have had them. Bright, shining auras! :)

Love,

James

Edited by .broken.

Thanks for the Daniel Reid tip. He seems to give thumbs up for the coffee. I decided that 3 times a day is a bit over the top, so I will probably do once a day. Also for the last days I think I will book the local colonic clinic to make the cleanse thorough.

What is it that you are seeking his help for, if I may?

a general lack of energy is the main problem. The guy I'm seeing noticed that the right side of my colon was blocked somehow so that's one reason he recommended the juice fast. This protocol is something he uses quite a lot so it should be OK.

Thanks broken for your input too. I don't know how I would categorize the guy, he draws his methods from different sources. Our first session was mostly fascial work and cranio-sacral therapy and general looking at where I am right now healthwise.

Years ago I did a five day juice fast with a naturopath who specialized in fasting. He recommended once daily enemas with water. Three times a day sounds a bit much to me too, but apparently some kind of cleaning out is necessary with juice fasting, not so much fast with a straight water fast I think. He had us lead into the actual fast with a three day period of eating just fruits and vegtables. Coming out of the fast was a five day process of gradually introducing different solid foods back into the diet. For me the hard part was holding back on eating meat and cheese right off after starting to eat solid again. That, uh....hurt. Best to start eating with a piece of fruit and go slowly from there.

Has anyone actually seen a colonoscopy with with feces, and other debris stuck on the walls and in the folds ? My anatomy professor said he never has, and a doctor friend of his has never in something like 20 years of performing them.

a general lack of energy is the main problem.

Some other things you might want to ask him about are Maca root and Borage tea, and Burdock tea. All of these are very good for your glands and hormone balance, though I wouldn't use Maca regularly along side the other two since they sort of do the same things and Maca can make people a bit high strung or even aggressive.

I've been taking Borage tea for about a week now and seem to have less fatigue after work. It's supposed to stimulate your adrenal glands, and clean out stagnant adrenaline that gets released due to general stress but isn't used up.

If you do a general search on Maca you'll see many testimonies of its effectiveness. Burdock is good for all kinds of things including gland health.

Perhaps these will help in concert with the rest of your program.

Some other things you might want to ask him about are Maca root and Borage tea, and Burdock tea. All of these are very good for your glands and hormone balance, though I wouldn't use Maca regularly along side the other two since they sort of do the same things and Maca can make people a bit high strung or even aggressive.

I've been taking Borage tea for about a week now and seem to have less fatigue after work. It's supposed to stimulate your adrenal glands, and clean out stagnant adrenaline that gets released due to general stress but isn't used up.

If you do a general search on Maca you'll see many testimonies of its effectiveness. Burdock is good for all kinds of things including gland health.

Perhaps these will help in concert with the rest of your program.

yea I already take maca.. Have to check that borage thing out, thanks for the tip!