Sign in to follow this  
bodyoflight

A gift for Non and other lust-driven men

'Lust' is nothing more than an intensity of desire. It is desire taken to the level of exclusive obsession--a powerful need to satisfy the desire, to continuously stimulate it and revel in it. It is not necessarily sexual, as one can lust for many things on many levels.

Reducing the power of lust in one's life means reducing the power of desires in general, that is, putting desires into proper context within a balanced whole. In fact, this is really the aim of morality--to place actions in their proper contexts. There is a time to love, a time to lust, a time for joy, a time for anger.

8)

• Like 1

First off, Jetsun, how do know that everybody in the West has hundreds of years of sexual repressive conditioning to work through? Do you have the magical third eye which allows you to view the past lives of each and every person in the West?

Sexual Lust are just energy patterns worked into your subconscious from your past lives. If you have done enough mantra work and other negative energy removal practices to remove such past energy patterns from your subconscious and unconscious, then you don't have to worry about the energies of sexual lust coming to haunt you again and undermine any future progress you make.

There are some in here like NON who has so much problems with women that they just can't settle down and meditate in order to work through their problems. I suspect some human spiritual master or demonic entity is throwing the energy patterns of sexual lust at NON so that he is prevented from committing himself into a successful spiritual practice.

Lots of good advice on practices have been given to NON from many, many well-meaning posters in here but there isn't a single reply from him saying he will take up such practices in order to curb his lust. I do not single NON out to punish him but there are many men like him who suffer due to their lust and I only want to heal them.

May I refer to The Dalai Lama's Secret Temple: Tantric Wall Paintings from Tibet?

These murals in this book present a host of figures engaged in the basic cycles of life or practicing Tantric meditation techniques in pursuit of inner transformation. Instead of rejecting desire as other Buddhist practices do, Tantra harnesses this intrinsically human drive and turns it into "boundless compassion." So powerful and potentially dangerous is this path to spiritual awakening, only the most enlightened of Tibetan Buddhist monks are initiated into the tradition.

You know, in the Shurungama Sutra, it is said that in the end times, there are many spiritual masters who are demons inside. Why is that? Because they keep preaching sexual love is the right way to cultivate. Thus they fail to differentiate between love in the deva manner i.e. love without the hunger for sex and love in the asura/animal/human manner i.e. love with hunger for sex at the same time.

Right now, I see many demons of "love" in this thread. Can you practice love for a woman not related by blood, demons, without hungering for sex with her at the same time? If you pass by Jessica Alba on the streets, can you show love for her as though she is your sister and not hunger for sex with her as though she is your wife? If not, then please do not talk to me about love as you are still in the states of lust.

With that said, one can always participate in sexual cultivation practices of course. Provide one has had his spiritual senses opened and has progressed far enough in his spiritual path to sense intrusions on his soul by human spiritual masters or demons which will cause him to lose control of his mental faculties. One must also be able to eliminate the sexual energy patterns of past lives from one's subconscious. If you have not progressed far enough on your spiritual path but still wanna engage in sexual practices, then you will definitely fall into the lower paths of reincarnation.

So powerful and potentially dangerous is this path to spiritual awakening, only the most enlightened of Tibetan Buddhist monks are initiated into the tradition.

Edited by bodyoflight

"past lives"

I'm very sorry to have to suggest this. But from where I can see it "past lives" are simply other people's problems that they pass on to you. So yeah, "technically" you can end up with a "past life" -effect despite yourself (or your best interests).

I'll avoid "pre-birth" for now. But imagine everything you find out about women through example as well as implicit/explicit teaching (dogma-tradition: including that of your ancestors) becomes your current belief, which becomes your way of being. Maybe Non didn't decide the half of what he's experiencing? In which case we ought to cut him just as much slack as we condemn him. Hence my "lusty women" dig.

That we ever defend any of our wrongdoing or wrongthinking or wrongbeing as "ourselves" is another topic for another day.IMO

• Like 1

Just to speak to the topic, my study acknowledges that overactive sexual desire can be an impediment to one's cultivation. The instruction is quite simple from a Daoist perspective:

If we keep our essence calm in the lower Tan Tien

the vital energy can be refined to nurture

the duration of our being.

If the mind wanders, the energy scatters.

If the mind dwells in its proper position

the energy does the same.

Your mind must always be steady and undisturbed

so that your energy will not transform

as thoughts and escape.

Then nothing can either go into or come out of

the true vitality.

Master Ni Hua-Ching

:D

Just to speak to the topic, my study acknowledges that overactive sexual desire can be an impediment to one's cultivation. The instruction is quite simple from a Daoist perspective:

If we keep our essence calm in the lower Tan Tien

the vital energy can be refined to nurture

the duration of our being.

If the mind wanders, the energy scatters.

If the mind dwells in its proper position

the energy does the same.

Your mind must always be steady and undisturbed

so that your energy will not transform

as thoughts and escape.

Then nothing can either go into or come out of

the true vitality.

Master Ni Hua-Ching

:D

But wouldn't you say that any imbalance, not just excessive sexual desire, disturbs effective cultivation? It almost sounds too simple but if you take excessive stimulation in modern media and counteract it with an equally over-the-top practice, such as the one outlined in the OP, you replace imbalance with another imbalance, right?

But then the thought comes to mind that it is useful to check out extremes before you can appreciate balance.

The Creator, The Dao and the higher forces of the Universe (whatever you call it) created this game-system where we are the players.

Who created the creator ?

Poem about happiness by master Drukpa Kunley

I am happy that I am a free Yogi.

So I grow more and more into my inner happiness.

I can have sex with many women,

because I help them to go the path of enlightenment.

Outwardly I'm a fool

and inwardly I live with a clear spiritual system.

Outwardly, I enjoy wine, women and song.

And inwardly I work for the benefit of all beings.

Outwardly, I live for my pleasure

and inwardly I do everything in the right moment.

Outwardly I am a ragged beggar

and inwardly a blissful Buddha

But wouldn't you say that any imbalance, not just excessive sexual desire, disturbs effective cultivation? It almost sounds too simple but if you take excessive stimulation in modern media and counteract it with an equally over-the-top practice, such as the one outlined in the OP, you replace imbalance with another imbalance, right?

But then the thought comes to mind that it is useful to check out extremes before you can appreciate balance.

Just watched the movie Limitless.. The male lead was asked where he got his mental powers of analysis, clairvoyance, precognition, speed memory and other psychic powers from..

He replied cheekily "Special Medication (Meditation)"

To achieve enlightenment or even to access the higher faculties of your brain, you have to first destroy the human ego in order to let the divine ego emerged.

The human ego is what's preventing us from accessing our higher mental powers, faculties, our higher selves so as to speak..

Once you can access your higher self, divine ego and work with your higher mental faculties, then you can safely erase any sexual issues which you have. The point is how do you access your higher self especially for lust-driven animals?

Curbing one's desires is a start. The key is to reach one's higher mind. Anything else is secondary.

Outwardly I'm a fool

You can help as many women as you want.

Me, I am only interested in helping myself achieve enlightenment. Then once I achieve the powers which come along with enlightenment, then I will think about helping other people.

If you cannot even help yourself achieve enlightenment or even curb your own desires, what right do you have to help others?

Me, I am only interested in helping myself achieve enlightenment. Then once I achieve the powers which come along with enlightenment, then I will think about helping other people.

If you cannot even help yourself achieve enlightenment or even curb your own desires, what right do you have to help others?

What 'powers' come with enlightenment ?

What is enlightenment ?

Who or what becomes enlightened ?

How can you help yourself to achieve enlightenment ? That means there is a you and also a yourself.

Go deeper, much deeper.

You can help as many women as you want.

Yet you are trying to help Non, you think you have the insight to know what is good for him.

Yet you are trying to help Non, you think you have the insight to know what is good for him.

It is a start. If you don't start, you will never reach the end of the road.

This advice to NON costs nothing to me. What you suggested will cost me everything and will mean my death before I reach enlightenment.

Check out my post regarding human and divine ego.

It is only when I reach inner enlightenment then do i try to help the masses as dictated by the universe.

But definitely not before then.

Edited by bodyoflight

Stop simply aping ideas of other men. Read less, observe more.

This is just about the best piece of advice I've heard on this website.

Outwardly I'm a fool

There are yogis who can turn wine into water. There are also yogis who can have sex with more than a few women every night and never feel drained. And there are also yogis who party all night every night.

However, these yogis have reached inner enlightenment inside at least. They have done years of hard meditative work on themselves in order to see the emptiness in everything.

On the other hand, schmucks like NON have not even began the road to enlightenment yet. If these type of schmucks engage in women, wine and party every night, they will die a drained old man by the age of 45 and would not even do a single day of meditation in their lives.

So yes, please put things in perspective and see the difference between Non and Yogi Drukpa Kunley. Both are totally different class of beings altogether.

On the other hand, schmucks like NON have not even began the road to enlightenment yet. If these type of schmucks engage in women, wine and party every night, they will die a drained old man by the age of 45 and would not even do a single day of meditation in their lives.

So yes, please put things in perspective and see the difference between Non and Yogi Drukpa Kunley. Both are totally different class of beings altogether.

schmucks?

'Class' of being?

How divinely elitist of you.

I must have missed Non having all these women, wine and party every night. I didn't realize he'd come so far. You've gotta' get dirty before you can get clean as they say (I'm not sure if they do say that, but it does sound like a good excuse to get a bit dirty and roll around in the mud for a bit).

do you have something personal against NON? He only comes here to try to get help, leave the poor guy alone. Who are you to judge his level of spirituality?

Medhavi said:

Stop simply aping ideas of other men. Read less, observe more.

This is just about the best piece of advice I've heard on this website.

+ 1000 ^_^

bodyoflight, all these people Were trying to help you

one day, you will understand. we did, everyone gets his chanse...

Edited by Little1

Sign in to follow this