manitou

Nei-Yeh, Chapter 11

When your body is not aligned,

The inner power will not come.

When you are not tranquil within,

Your mind will not be ordered.

Align your body, assist the inner power,

Then it will gradually come in its own.

There are so many different ways of looking at alignment on this forum. Often times it seems to involve the physical alignment involving the organs and their effect on the body, the TCM way of looking at the holistic body.

I always feel at a bit of a loss when talking about that type of alignment; I know nothing of TCM. But to me, the alignment that is referred to (or at least partially referred to here) is the clarity one achieves by knowing himself inside out. I like the mention of this as the 'inner power' in this verse; it's an inference that the inner power is always there and has always been there; it's up to us to clear the road so the inner power can get out.

Yes, I think there needs be an explanation of 'alignment'.

I would go along with it if 'alignment' was speaking to the alignment of our body, mind and spirit.

Yes, I think there needs be an explanation of 'alignment'.

I would go along with it if 'alignment' was speaking to the alignment of our body, mind and spirit.

that is how i read it. i also think it is referring to qi and warning us not to rush the qi. we can lead water but it is hard to push water.

There are so many different ways of looking at alignment on this forum. Often times it seems to involve the physical alignment involving the organs and their effect on the body, the TCM way of looking at the holistic body.

I always feel at a bit of a loss when talking about that type of alignment; I know nothing of TCM. But to me, the alignment that is referred to (or at least partially referred to here) is the clarity one achieves by knowing himself inside out. I like the mention of this as the 'inner power' in this verse; it's an inference that the inner power is always there and has always been there; it's up to us to clear the road so the inner power can get out.

As a disabled individual from personal experience I can tell you that knowledge of self is more important to understanding than the physical state. That said, it's a hell of a lot easier when one's body is in good shape.

As a disabled individual from personal experience I can tell you that knowledge of self is more important to understanding than the physical state. That said, it's a hell of a lot easier when one's body is in good shape.

I think that is a given. Hang in there!