ToP-fan

Kuji-In -The Nine Buddhist Hand Seals

Yes his books are good. I like the 3rd one in the series the most, because it give a little explanation of the correspondences of the fingers. I am just looking around for more sources of knowledge.

Out of curiosity,

Has anyone studied Kototama?

It seems like it could be related. From what I know it's a practice that's working with and harmonising the body with primordial sounds. It also seems to resonate with certain meridians and also has a connection with the five elements. It's quite difficult to find solid info on, as it seems to be (as is natural) more of an oral -based teaching. From what I gather it has some roots in the Shugendo tradition and even further back to Vedic sources.

a

I have gotten a few emails...haven't figured out how to upload the gigantic files, so I guess I won't be sharing the videos.

For instance, one of the files is 722 MB. Most file sharing sites don't allow that much. I signed up for MediaFire which does, and kept trying to upload to it, but for some reason it wouldn't work.

Oh well, the books are just as good. They can actually be found for free on scribd.com for those who can't afford it.

I have gotten a few emails...haven't figured out how to upload the gigantic files, so I guess I won't be sharing the videos.

For instance, one of the files is 722 MB. Most file sharing sites don't allow that much. I signed up for MediaFire which does, and kept trying to upload to it, but for some reason it wouldn't work.

Oh well, the books are just as good. They can actually be found for free on scribd.com for those who can't afford it.

rapidshare.com may work. In fact you can break up the file into parts and post. Just looked and 500 MB is the max. Just split it.

Edited by ralis

Out of curiosity,

Has anyone studied Kototama?

It seems like it could be related. From what I know it's a practice that's working with and harmonising the body with primordial sounds. It also seems to resonate with certain meridians and also has a connection with the five elements. It's quite difficult to find solid info on, as it seems to be (as is natural) more of an oral -based teaching. From what I gather it has some roots in the Shugendo tradition and even further back to Vedic sources.

a

I have practiced Kototama and liked it. When I have time, I will make a pdf and post it.

ralis

Are these the same handsigns as illustrated in the sometimes advertised big pink book (the ad above - sometimes...)?

Alright. Anyone learn? when they were a kid the following hand sign:

- here's the church

- and here's the steeple

- open inside

- and see all the people

?

I'd love a 5E translation of this as I figure that's probably what this stuff is about.

Essentially when you make a sign, what are you doing?

Attributing (or simply understanding - in my case AT LAST) elements and knowledge within your very fingers (or body) - wow.

Essentially when you make a sign, what are you doing?

Francois Lepine's Kuji Mastery (3rd) ebook tells a little.

Mudra Vigyan by Acharya Keshav Dev has lots of great info, from a Vedic perspective. I highly recommend that for those who are interested in this.

There's a Jin Shin course has interesting info on the hands. It is very expensive so I hope to share some of that as soon as I get the file sharing working...

It seems most teachers think that you should just practice and not understand how it works. Well, yeah maybe that will get you somewhere but then you can't play around with it, and make it your own. One approach/practice is not good for every situation, and every person.

So I think it'd be great to get a full, accurate and universal understanding of the workings of the hand.

Francois Lepine's Kuji Mastery (3rd) ebook tells a little.

Mudra Vigyan by Acharya Keshav Dev has lots of great info, from a Vedic perspective. I highly recommend that for those who are interested in this.

There's a Jin Shin course has interesting info on the hands. It is very expensive so I hope to share some of that as soon as I get the file sharing working...

It seems most teachers think that you should just practice and not understand how it works. Well, yeah maybe that will get you somewhere but then you can't play around with it, and make it your own. One approach/practice is not good for every situation, and every person.

So I think it'd be great to get a full, accurate and universal understanding of the workings of the hand.

Are you trying rapid share?

ralis

Okay I think I have a link working finally. Just PM me if you're interested. Also please let me know if anything doesn't work.

Edited by Scotty

Finally got around to checking out Stephen Hayes' Kuji-in DVD.

My personal preference is very much in favor of Francois Lepine's stuff.

weird kuji

evidently i forgot how to embed a video. thats frustrating. but this link is great

Edited by anamatva

Interesting! Is that Ashida Kim speaking?

interesting yes, those kuji are almost totally different

ashida kim, i don't know

glad you liked it

edit: thinking about it, i doubt that thats ashida kim, because he teaches a different kuji system, the more traditional mudras, in his books.

Edited by anamatva

I think he was saying that the kuji-in can be done in any combination of 9. Which is where the 81 comes from.

Or maybe that'd be more than 81? I totally suck at math! :o

Sounded like Ashida Kim's style of speaking...but it could be someone else. Although he has a reputation for being a total fraud (which is pretty accurate) I recently picked up his Ninja Mind Control book. The kuji-in are definitely taught in a typical way.

PS: I really liked the aloha video's version, from dragon gate sanctuary. The subtle differences resonate with me way more than other varieties.

I think he was saying that the kuji-in can be done in any combination of 9. Which is where the 81 comes from.

Or maybe that'd be more than 81? I totally suck at math! :o

Sounded like Ashida Kim's style of speaking...but it could be someone else. Although he has a reputation for being a total fraud (which is pretty accurate) I recently picked up his Ninja Mind Control book. The kuji-in are definitely taught in a typical way.

PS: I really liked the aloha video's version, from dragon gate sanctuary. The subtle differences resonate with me way more than other varieties.

well 9x9=81, and i think the narrator was talking about 9 variations on each of the 9 kuji, but i don't know anything about that. The set he was using started with retsu, but ended with zen. So i have NO idea what he was really talking about.. i have never seen kuji-in done like that.

I don't like ashida kim. I did like that aloha video.