freeform

Zivorad Slavinski

I came across this guy's work a couple of years back, and recently a little set of synchronicities has led me back to it. Are any of you familiar with his stuff?

www.spiritual-technology.com

no..but what's with the "Psychokinetic Spoon Bending and Influencing the Behaviour of Eggs "

T

no..but what's with the "Psychokinetic Spoon Bending and Influencing the Behaviour of Eggs "

T

LOL :lol::lol: hadn't noticed that!! where did you find it?

I've just about finished reading Slavinski's book "Return to Oneness"... and all I can say is: it's fanatastic! The guy is very erudite and obviously very experienced, and 'get's it'. The premise is the same as Taoism and pretty much all other spiritual practices - to become whole again!

He has several methods that he has adapted from other psychological practices but each tool has the ultimate goal of 'integration'. Every 'good' behaviour has a 'bad' counterpart, and every bad behaviour has a good counterpart. This creates a duality of tension... we might want to be 'perfect' but as a result constantly procrastinate... well, perfection and procrastination are just opposite sides to the same problem.... most methodologies attempt to suppress one part and strengthen the other... so we would empower the quest for perfection whilst disempowering our procrastination... this would work to some extent because we strengthen the pull of perfection whilst slackening the pull of procrastination... but soon enough the problem comes back... and then you follow the same pattern - so throughout your life you seesaw between these two polar opposites procrastinating->perfecting->procrastinating->perfecting etc. obviously this applies to any duality, and every problem has a dual nature to it.

So slavinski's tools enable you to integrate the opposites, so that there is no tension between them. This is like kan and li for the ego! You start off with simple problems and over time move onto bigger polarities, eventually coming to the big-boss ones: I - other, concious - unconcious, body - mind etc... once you've integrated a duality (whether big or small) slavinski says that you enter this non-dual void which is the goal of many of the meditations around. He also says that each of us has a 'primordial polarity' - a polarity that is very deeply ingrained, whether from past life, or karma, or whatever - but everyone has a different prime polarity, and once this is integrated life becomes less autonomous. And once all your polarities have been integrated, that's when you become spiritualy imortal, and in a state of wu wei... your ego becomes a huge playing field rather than a little prison.

I've always found Taoist self-improvement methods a little 'cultural' - it is obvious that the reason they took the 'body first' route is because that requires much more dedication, perseverance, and the changes are very gradual... this reflects chinese culture - at the time this knowledge was very 'powerfull' and secretive - so if it took only a couple of years to reach a decent level of acomplishment, then it would be far too easy for people to master and so lose its power. Also gradual changes reflect the chinese tribe mentality - individualism is a very western notion... so all the changes that come with Taoist spiritual work are designed to come slowly and generaly when you're in your old age - making the transition much easier and smoother for the rest of the tribe... I must admit that I do find the Taoist 'embodied enlightenment' method the 'right way to go', but I think there needs to be additional training for the ego! and this material is it!! (at least for me)

anyway - fantastic book, and seemingly fantastic body of work from this guy - I highly recomend it from my experience so far! I'm now looking to find a workshop or a practitioner of Slavinski's main method called PEAT...

I recommend all of Zivo's books, although his new i-ching ebook is probably my least favorite. Return to Oneness and The Dawn of Aiwass were both really good.

I've only worked with his PEAT technique from the book and based on what I've picked up from the yahoo group, but it has been more effective than EFT or Tapas for me. One of his trainers conducts teleclasses on PEAT and Deep PEAT, but from what I've heard attending one of his seminars is the best way to go.

Thanks Jaloo,

Sound like the PEAT book will be a good one. I'll probably pick it up and get the ebook later.

Just trying to work out which ones I want out of:-

Art of the Bedchamber: The Chinese Sexual Yoga Classics Including Women's Solo Meditation Texts

$41.98

Peat: Primordial Energy Activation and Transcendence and the Neutralization of Polarities

$39.36

Taoist Yoga: Alchemy and Immortality

$23.60

Trying to only buy 2 books at a time :)

I've seen the voluminous PEAT E-book: an enthusiatic friend of mine gave it to another friend who gave it as a "gift" to me when I showed a passing interest in it... a bulging folder full of looseleaf printouts. :blink: I think the latter friend was glad to be rid of it. I'm afraid I wasn't impressed: it seemed to consist of speculation based upon wild speculation based upon uncritical speculation based upon KINESIOLOGY which is, without doubt, a pseudoscience. Someone seems to have had a lot of time on their hands for unverified "research" with a distinct lack of intellectual rigour and a "more is more" rather than a "less is more" mentality... it seemed to me a veritable marathon of self-delusion. I'm sorry I can't be more positive because my first friend is a very nice man and I don't like to hurt people's feelings... :unsure: